Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #16
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyrm View Post
Ack...just decided to stay at CSR in December, but after ready all of this I think I might want to go back to POR...
I've stayed at both resorts and truly, both are gorgeous. The grounds are pretty, the rooms are nice at both. The buses are better at CSR thou. Overall, having done both, I honestly like POR better. I like the pool better, I think the grounds are a bit pretty than CSR. I think the interior rooms are prettier. The food court is much better. I like the fact that there are bike rentals on site and a boat to DTD! Thats the biggest bonus of all. POR is still my fave.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #17
AndreaDM
Yeah...we mainly colored that day

We just got back from CSR yesterday ourselves and were less than thrilled, the best thing I can say about the place is that the theme is beautiful, loved the landscaping. Our room was also cleaned well, had to ask for extra coffee as they were leaving only one regular and one decaf. Since we were so far out in the Ranchos we didn't bother using our refillable mugs in the morning, but opted to make coffee in the room. We had a car but still had to park about 4-5 buildings away, not a big deal, but we were so tired coming back around midnight. I also posted about loud neighbors the first 2 nights but luckily they were gone after that. All in all, I do wish we'd have saved the money and stayed at Pop or spent a little more and went back to AKL which we love.

OP, we had the same issue with the tub at CR back in 2010, we called and they said someone would be up to fix it. We went off to the parks for the day, returning after midnight to find the tub completely torn up! Someone came to start the job and never finished it. This was midnight in July, we were hot, tired and cranky and wanted a shower! They moved us to another room which was fine (no upgrade) but had to carry sleeping DD and all our stuff to another section of the hotel. Not fun!
AndreaDM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #18
nharding20
Mouseketeer

It's good to hear all the responses. I appreciate knowing that some people have had great stays and other people can relate to our experience. Like I said, our first two stays were great!

I should clarify that we had forgotten to call on the slow draining tub until later on day 2. No one came to clear the clog until we called a second time later on day 3 - on the 4th day something had been used like drain-o; the bathroom smelled like bad chemicals.

Another day when we came back to the room it smelled like something was burning. We concluded that the vacuum used by housekeeping must have had a bad or burning belt - that burned rubber smell. Was not pleasant.

One day we came back to the room from the parks at 4:30 and our room had not yet been cleaned. I was so frustrated I called the desk - they said they would send someone by right away. But by that point, we needed to be in the room and get some rest before our 7:00 dinner reservation. I ask the desk to please have mousekeeping come by at that time. When we got back from dinner the room had still not been cleaned.

Regarding the walk to the Pool or El Centro, our room in Cabana 9A was completely behind the building on the second floor overlooking the parking lot. So a walk was involved in just getting to the room. And the pool isn't just outside the door as a PP stated - it's on the other side of the smaller lake from where we were. I don't believe the walk is a huge deal - it was just *one more thing* that I was underwhelmed with. All the little things seem to add up.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #19
AndreaDM
Yeah...we mainly colored that day

We also came back to CSR late after MNSSHP and found this little guy INSIDE our room! We had seen a lot in the hallway, especially by the lights, but this was a first. DD wanted to keep him, but we convinced her that airport security wouldn't appreciate it.

AndreaDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #20
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDM View Post
We also came back to CSR late after MNSSHP and found this little guy INSIDE our room! We had seen a lot in the hallway, especially by the lights, but this was a first. DD wanted to keep him, but we convinced her that airport security wouldn't appreciate it.

That's great! We had a little friend like that our last stay at CBR. DS10 named him Larry.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #21
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee86 View Post
Gosh........thats a whole lot of littleish issues that build up to an over all very very unplesent experience! Really not good enough considering how expensive it is to stay on site. Will be waiting to see what your opinions on POR are this christmas, hopefully a lot better!!!
I've stayed at both -- didnt' have issues with either one, however, we found POR was much easier to get around. Although it gets dinged for being a huge resort, POR's layout makes getting to QS much easier. At CSR we were on the far side of the lake and the option was, the long walk with the lake on our left or the long walk with the lake on our right. Made the refillable mugs moot point.

Tom
Old 10-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #22
Mack1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
I've stayed at both -- didnt' have issues with either one, however, we found POR was much easier to get around. Although it gets dinged for being a huge resort, POR's layout makes getting to QS much easier. At CSR we were on the far side of the lake and the option was, the long walk with the lake on our left or the long walk with the lake on our right. Made the refillable mugs moot point.

Tom
Not to sure about that Tom. We stayed at POR last year in AB building by the bus stop and quiet pool and it was a haul to the front of the resort. It was like walking through the forest at night, so dark. We are trying CSR for the first time this year so i guess its just luck of the draw on location making or breaking someones trip.
Mack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #23
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack1 View Post
Not to sure about that Tom. We stayed at POR last year in AB building by the bus stop and quiet pool and it was a haul to the front of the resort. It was like walking through the forest at night, so dark. We are trying CSR for the first time this year so i guess its just luck of the draw on location making or breaking someones trip.
AB from far end to lobby is no more than a 15 minute walk -- if you go slowly and enjoy the view. Where we were at CSR was more than 20 minute walk.

Tom
Old 10-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #24
Mack1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
AB from far end to lobby is no more than a 15 minute walk -- if you go slowly and enjoy the view. Where we were at CSR was more than 20 minute walk.

Tom
I guess I'll find out during our trip (or should I say hopefully not). Hoping for a closer building this trip.
Mack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #25
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack1 View Post
I guess I'll find out during our trip (or should I say hopefully not). Hoping for a closer building this trip.
I hope you do as well. If I were you, I'd ask to be in either the Cabanas or Casistas. If you get out in the Ranchos, you will wish you were at the far end of AB!

Tom
Old 10-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #26
nharding20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
If I were you, I'd ask to be in either the Cabanas or Casistas. If you get out in the Ranchos, you will wish you were at the far end of AB!

Tom
IF I were to stay at CSR again I would most Definitely pay the extra $ for a preferred room. (I also think they *might* be more attentive housekeeping-wise to these rooms, as well)
Old 10-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #27
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

We stayed at CSR this past March, and we had a great trip. Well, after my sister got out of the hospital we had a great trip! No complaints about CSR AT ALL.

Our room (in casitas 4) was spotless, and housekeeping kept it clean for us. Our building was non preferred, but only a 5 minute walk away from the main buildings and restaurants. I don't remember seeing any dings, or anything dirty in the hallways either. In all honesty I wasn't too thrilled to stay at CSR before our trip, but now I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

KonaKaiTom--did you not know you could get your mugs refilled by the main pool? No need to hoof it all the way up front.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #28
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

I'm sorry you had a crummy stay OP. We just got back from 7 nights at CSR 9/28-10/5. We had a great stay. I'm sorry you were in a location you were unhappy with, on top of that a dingy room, and a specific room type that they couldn't move you elsewhere. We love CSR, but we've never been in a location we weren't happy with. Our first stay we were pixie dusted with Casitas 3 which is preferred. This trip we requested Casitas through online check in 10 days out, and got Casitas 5. We were very pleased with our room and the view on the walk to and from the room (facing the water, beautiful). I can tell you we didn't like the building location as much as 3, so next time we will pay for preferred and request 3. We just loved being right next to the fitness center and quiet pool. I would really urge you to write an email with your feedback to wdw guest services and cc the resort's General Manager. I hope your next trip to wdw is better!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #29
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack1
Yes definitely. We were in AB building 16 I believe as it was a total hike in the forest to the main building lol. We love POR too, it's so quiet and secluded and relaxing. Gorgeous theming and landscaping. We are staying at POR for the Princess half in feb bc it's a host resort, I'm excited to see where they put us. You will definitelt LOVE csr's layout and how well lit it is at night. It's gorgeous!!!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #30
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nharding20 View Post

All the little things seem to add up.
I think this is so true. When you have a series of things that happen at any resort, its going to just add insult to injury again and again.

We loved our first stay at CSR and are very exicted to be going there in 8 days.

As for POR vs. CSR, I have stayed in the back section of AB (bldg 37) which is near the quiet pool and a quite a hike, as well as Ranchos at CSR. I liked both of those sections but for sure walking is an issue at either

POR is my favorite resort but I do find the layout sometimes a bit confusing even after three stays, two of which were two weeks each.

I love POR's food court, but am thinking the breakfast buffet at CSR will be a a huge hit with my family and will for once not having me feel like I "wasted" a cs credit on a breakfast!

If I see a frog in my room at CSR, it will all be moot since I'll be dead from a heart attack!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: