Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
jgh
Peter Pan!

QS Mac & Cheese Question

This past trip I discovered Disney's AMAZING mac & cheese.

I got it last Friday at Epcot for lunch and again at Animal Kingdom as a snack (unashamed! ).

The two times I asked for it I got a good sized bowl filled with the yumminess for $2.99!!

I decided I wanted another bowl on Saturday before we left. I went to the same place I had gotten it the day before at Animal Kingdom (Pizzafari, actually) and she said it was against policy to sell it in just the bowl. She was also kind of rude about it...but really all I wanted was a bowl of mac & cheese before we left... never ended up getting one

The other times I had ordered it none of the CM's said anything about it...infact I decided to try it because I saw others eating it. Does anyone know why the other CM would say she wouldn't sell it to me? I had even told her I got the bowl just yesterday from Pizzafari and she was just rude and said she wouldn't sell it to me.

jgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

I'd be interested to hear more about this. I love mac 'n cheese and am always on the lookout for cheap meals in the parks - if this is something you can get in a decent portion size for $3 and change, I'm sold! Where did you find it at Epcot?

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

is it not the same mac & cheese that is offered at buffets? (I have a mac & cheese addicted dd, so this would be a bonanza for us! LOL!)
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14DCL Magic May '14 DCL Dream August '14 DCL Fantasy Jan '15
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #4
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

I love the mac n cheese too. Usually order it from the kids menu. Not a huge portion but enough for me knowing my next snack or meal is right around the corner. At POR I ordered it as a side and got it no problems. It was a huge portion. I don't remember the price. I have had it at Pizzafari but as a kids meal. Sounds like maybe the girl was new? Didn't know how to ring it up.
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #5
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran

I'd like to hear more about this, too. That mac and cheese makes me happier than mac and cheese should be able to, but I've always gotten it as the kids meal. I had no idea you could get just that for that price!
hidmickey:myantidrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:49 AM   #6
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

We did order a pizza at POR when I got it as a side. Maybe that is the difference?
Old 10-17-2012, 12:51 AM   #7
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidmickey:myantidrug View Post
I'd like to hear more about this, too. That mac and cheese makes me happier than mac and cheese should be able to, but I've always gotten it as the kids meal. I had no idea you could get just that for that price!
That is funny! But I agree! Love the mac n cheese!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #8
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Bump...

OP, where did you find this at Epcot? Anyone else know about the pricing/portion situation? Any other QS restaurants where you can get this?

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #9
jgh
Peter Pan!

I got it at Epcot at the Electric Umbrella and at Animal Kingdom at Pizzafari.

All I did was ask for a bowl of mac n cheese both times, both times it rang up as $2.99. Except the last time when she said I couldn't have any. Sad day.

They were GREAT portions for the price especially. The bowl was a little smaller at Epcot, but it was piled insanely high. The bowl I got at Pizzafari was bigger, more like a cereal bowl size, just not piled as high. Either way, they both filled me up and it was YUMMY!

I *think* it was just the bowl from the kids meal (i.e. you don't get the meal, just the bowl of mac and cheese), because both Electric Umbrella and Pizzafari only had it on their menu as kids meal (though the MEAL was $5.99ish).

Seriously...mac and cheese shouldn't be that good! :D Almost as good as Panera Bread's mac and cheese! I want some now... too bad it's 8 hours away...

jgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:36 AM   #10
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info! I will be sure to try this next time I'm at one of those parks. I'll also be keeping an eye out for mac 'n cheese on the menu at any QS restaurant I happen to pop into...I'm excited to try it AND potentially get a meal on the cheap!

Old 12-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

SUCCESS! On Saturday at the Electric Umbrella, I got a decent-sized bowl of mac 'n cheese for $2.99 + tax I wouldn't go as far as the OP and say it's as good as Panera's, but it was warm and cheesy and hit the spot! I plan to try this anywhere it's served

Old 12-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #12
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

DD loves Mac & Cheese, I will have to remember this for our next trip.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #13
ars0525
DIS Veteran

(raises hand)

I discovered Disney's mac & cheese in Oct '08. It has since changed my life because all other mac & cheese is measured against it.

I got it as a kids meal at HS from a counter service (maybe Studio Catering which now looks like it doesn't offer it anymore).
Got my AP so visit whenever I can!

There's no crying at Disney
ars0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #14
ktnryansmom
Mouseketeer

Is it the same M&C served on all of the kids menus throughout WDW?

This would make us all happy!
ktnryansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #15
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktnryansmom View Post
Is it the same M&C served on all of the kids menus throughout WDW?

This would make us all happy!
I don't have enough experience with the kid's meals to give you a definitive answer on this, but I can say with certainty that it is the same m&c from the kids' meal at Electric Umbrella. When ordering, I said, "I'd just like some mac 'n cheese, please." The order taker asked what two sides I wanted (assuming I was ordering the meal), and I replied, "No, I'd just like the mac 'n cheese by itself."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: