Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 07:37 PM   #31
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

Our first stay was at the Polynesian and it spoiled us but I'm not complaining. It We love it every time, feels like home.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #32
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

My Vote - Yes

The POLY is such a great resort. Pretty much anyone who has stayed there/been there would agree with me.

I hope I get to stay there one day - but the price!!!

If you can afford it then I would stay there - for $400 more.

The extras POLy comes with is amazing.

Wherever you decide to stay I hope you have a great time. And if you stay at POLY or another resort - I would love to hear a trip report! - they are so much fun to read.

Have a great time...

-FantasiaMagic

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354

FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #33
myzel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
I know it is a splurge which as a stay at home mom I am not used to doing!! My husband loves bonnet creek so for longer stays it will be hard to talk him into onsite so I thought this was my chance to do it!!
I am so excited to make memories with my girls here!
now to decide on Ohanas, chef mickeys or 1900 park fare. decisions never end!! lol
With Young Girls no question Chef Mickeys, Ohanas has great food, as well as 1900 Park Fare, but I find that Chef Mickeys ( esp with the characters ) has a nice buffet where they can pick out their own food.
myzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #34
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
I priced out WL and there is only a 90 dollar difference. I must admit I don't have any desire to stay there. i hear people rave about it, but it reminds me of great wolf lodge and being from Canada reminds me of places I should be skiing. LOL.
I'm glad to hear someone else thinks the same way about WL as I do!!
I say go for the Poly!! I LOVE that resort!!! It's so convenient! It's great having the monorail, boat or bus. Watching MK fireworks from the beach cannot be beat!! Yes, it is worth the extra $400!
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:48 AM   #35
princessap
DIS Veteran

For those that have watched the fireworks from the beach, what time do i need to get there to get a hammock! it sounds great!

Also, what building does everyone recommend? want a balcony or patio for sure to enjoy some drinks when girls are in bed!
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #36
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

Quote:
For those that have watched the fireworks from the beach, what time do i need to get there to get a hammock! it sounds great!

Also, what building does everyone recommend? want a balcony or patio for sure to enjoy some drinks when girls are in bed!
Besides CL I like the Tahiti building. It's close to the TTC center but a little longer walk to GCH but after awhile you'll find the shorter paths.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #37
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap

I'm not quite sure on the hammocks, we always just sit at one of the tables. I would say get there an hr before to get a hammock. Chances are they will also be playing a disney movie.

I recommend Fiji. It's very close to the GCH and also close to the boat launch. You can request a marina view which will give you a view of the marina and the back of the volcano, the Samoa rooms that face the pool have a full pool view, that one is also next to the GCH. You can go to the Aloha Polynesian thread and on the 1st page there is a map of the resort showing where each longhouse is located. This last time we had a room on the 3rd floor in Fiji so we had a balcony. The balcony was great! I really enjoyed sitting out there!! If you want a balcony, make sure you put that in your room request because not all rooms have a balcony. With Fiji, only the 3rd floor rooms have a balcony, the 1st floor rooms have patios, I can't speak for the other longhouses because we've always stayed in Fiji.

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: