Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where would you pick???
Wilderness Lodge Standard Room~Club Level 17 44.74%
Polynesian Resort Garden View~Club level 21 55.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #31
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
The queen is re-thinking what her poly princesses prefer??

OKAY ... then I say GF RPC!!!!!!!!

(you want it!!)
Quit it!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #32
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaw View Post
Wilderness Lodge is amazing during the holidays I think it may be decorated during the tail end of your trip.
It should be .... I was there in '10, and the decorations went up the day after we arrived ... one week before Thanksgiving ...

Awesome pictures btw ... of both WL and GL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Quit it!!!
No can do MM.... love to make our Pas think about waffling to another resort ... she NEVER does that on her own now does she???

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #33
hgeisler
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaw
I think it all boils down to theming preference .... I personally don't care for the Poly's theming but many others do. I would (and often do) choose the WL. They are both excellent choices and you really can't go wrong either way.
Agree with this
hgeisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #34
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kae View Post
Boy tough one. I picked Poly. why because of the Daybed then maybe you can have your on bed.

Kae
Sorry I missed your post yesterday Kae...I doubt I'll get my own bed..I picture all 4 of us crammed together
Quote:
Trust me ... It's unbelievably cool
Oh I believe ya...maybe the girls will be so WOWed by the decorations....ugh, I wish there was some guarantee they would be up

Quote:
I really think we should think about using "hot mess" in the title of the next RC thread...totally appropriate on all levels....
Agreed

Quote:
We loved that one too
Luckily RPC not available with AP rate

Quote:
Quit it!!!
I check for RPC...uh...a lot

Quote:
It should be .... I was there in '10, and the decorations went up the day after we arrived ... one week before Thanksgiving ...

Awesome pictures btw ... of both WL and GL

No can do MM.... love to make our Pas think about waffling to another resort ... she NEVER does that on her own now does she???
Well how cool would it be to wake up to a tree..........

Oh boy........... so torn......how mad would they be....not mad ...not too mad (BTW got your VM this am...my new phone keeps freezing )

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgeisler View Post
Agree with this
Waffling still...WL is calling....
Old 10-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #35
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I know how much you love WL AND Poly The girls love the tropical feel and the flowers...the lounge view

I do agree that WL CL is awesome and Poly CL has had its share of negative reivews, but every review I have read, everyone seems to agree on one thing....the view from the Poly lounge is just amazing and can't be beat .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kae View Post
Boy tough one. I picked Poly. why because of the Daybed then maybe you can have your on bed.

Kae
The daybed is a big factor for us (although that's only one thing we love about the Poly ).

Quote:
The queen is re-thinking what her poly princesses prefer??

OKAY ... then I say GF RPC!!!!!!!!

(you want it!!)
This would have been my vote as well if it had been a choice. GF RPC is amazing and is hard to beat, IMO .

Quote:
Luckily RPC not available with AP rate

I check for RPC...uh...a lot
I would keep checking. I don't know how AP rates work as far as becoming available at a later date, but I have had luck getting exactly what I wanted with a PIN or GP discount when it originally wasn't available. So if RPC is what you want, I wouldn't give up .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #36
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
... I would keep checking. I don't know how AP rates work as far as becoming available at a later date, but I have had luck getting exactly what I wanted with a PIN or GP discount when it originally wasn't available. So if RPC is what you want, I wouldn't give up .
We were actually calling to cancel our GF RPC reservation last year (last day to cancel) when we finally (after 2 months of calling several times a week) got the AP discount. So you just never know
Old 10-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #37
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

I do agree that WL CL is awesome and Poly CL has had its share of negative reivews, but every review I have read, everyone seems to agree on one thing....the view from the Poly lounge is just amazing and can't be beat .

This would have been my vote as well if it had been a choice. GF RPC is amazing and is hard to beat, IMO .

I would keep checking. I don't know how AP rates work as far as becoming available at a later date, but I have had luck getting exactly what I wanted with a PIN or GP discount when it originally wasn't available. So if RPC is what you want, I wouldn't give up .
Yes, I have had RPC open up the night before..with the code. The GF construction makes RPC less than inviting for now...if it were summer I'd stick with Poly CL. But for the girls and I...I changed back to WL CL

Not sure how I'll break it, but they'll be fine..especially if we get lucky and the tree is up !!!! Their first choice weeks ago was WL CL....and with some WL Christmas pics......

The Poly CL view is beautiful, but again, I really like the Poly..but I didn't get truly WOWed. If the have the snack room (anywhere) they will be happy
Old 10-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #38
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, I have had RPC open up the night before..with the code. The GF construction makes RPC less than inviting for now...if it were summer I'd stick with Poly CL. But for the girls and I...I changed back to WL CL

Not sure how I'll break it, but they'll be fine..especially if we get lucky and the tree is up !!!! Their first choice weeks ago was WL CL....and with some WL Christmas pics......

The Poly CL view is beautiful, but again, I really like the Poly..but I didn't get truly WOWed. If the have the snack room (anywhere) they will be happy
pas130
Please update this thread after your trip and let us know how it went
Old 10-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #39
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
pas130
Please update this thread after your trip and let us know how it went
I actually have a TR in my signature...it is my August TR but I combined it so it's 2 in 1...

Thanks for your help
Old 10-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #40
nikki7680
Mouseketeer

We just went through this dilema ourselves! We were between Poly Lagoon view for 6 nights or WL Woods view for 7 nights. We ended up booking WL and we are super excited! We have never stayed at either but reasons for choosing WL are as follows:

1. Cheaper!!
2. We will get more days in Disney at WL for less than 6 nights at the Poly
3. We can still visit the Poly as much as we want and dine there
4. All rooms have a balcony at WL. I was a bit concerned that I could be lagoon view at the Poly and not have a balcony

Good luck deciding but know that whichever one you choose, you will have a magical vacation!

Take Me To My Happy Place! September 2014 PTR

nikki7680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #41
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki7680 View Post
We just went through this dilema ourselves! We were between Poly Lagoon view for 6 nights or WL Woods view for 7 nights. We ended up booking WL and we are super excited! We have never stayed at either but reasons for choosing WL are as follows:

1. Cheaper!!
2. We will get more days in Disney at WL for less than 6 nights at the Poly
3. We can still visit the Poly as much as we want and dine there
4. All rooms have a balcony at WL. I was a bit concerned that I could be lagoon view at the Poly and not have a balcony

Good luck deciding but know that whichever one you choose, you will have a magical vacation!
WL is as beautiful as Poly IMHO, just different...I like feeling away from it all!! And Bay Lake is just wonderful. I hear ya on the balcony An extra Disney night!!!! Fabulous!

For right now...we are at WL
Old 10-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #42
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Well, I didn't vote....you know I love both resorts...and have been at both for the holidays....sooo....think I lean toward the Poly! Yep, I know WL is beautiful, but we were very surprised at how pretty the Polynesian was decorated for Christmas. Lots of decorations everywhere....and you could order real flowers Lei's for those precious girls (I did for every Poly stay). Of course, I am rather biased as the Poly is my all time favorite resort... my Disney home...with GF and WL coming in next (those little WL rooms and darkness kind of get to me). Still, I found WL CM's to be the friendliest and most helpful of any Disney resort in my 30 years of visits and 50+ resort stays....and we've met loads of wonderful CMs.

Difficult decisions... I think the weather will be just about perfect over your dates...and those nice sized Polynesian rooms...sigh...

Of course, I know you've already cha cha changed to WL....but I just came across the poll ...besides, what does a change really mean for our Queen?? The best news? Either resort will be fabulous....win win!!!

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 10-17-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #43
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post

Well, I didn't vote....you know I love both resorts...and have been at both for the holidays....sooo....think I lean toward the Poly! Yep, I know WL is beautiful, but we were very surprised at how pretty the Polynesian was decorated for Christmas. Lots of decorations everywhere....and you could order real flowers Lei's for those precious girls (I did for every Poly stay). Of course, I am rather biased as the Poly is my all time favorite resort... my Disney home...with GF and WL coming in next (those little WL rooms and darkness kind of get to me). Still, I found WL CM's to be the friendliest and most helpful of any Disney resort in my 30 years of visits and 50+ resort stays....and we've met loads of wonderful CMs.

Difficult decisions... I think the weather will be just about perfect over your dates...and those nice sized Polynesian rooms...sigh...

Of course, I know you've already cha cha changed to WL....but I just came across the poll ...besides, what does a change really mean for our Queen?? The best news? Either resort will be fabulous....win win!!!
I wonder if I could order real leis for them even if we are at WL...it IS the same IPO

The girls are over the moon for WL...funny enough HRH reminded me....in true Princess fashion how it was their FIRST CHOICE to begin with
Old 10-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #44
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

For WL!!!

So, I was thinking about the something special for the girls...does Disney Florist have the Christmas items to see yet? They will put together whatever you want....maybe some Christmas Mouse Ears or Princess Tiaras with goodies included? They can decorate in with gilltter, ribbons etc.. We still have red glitter falling off a tote that DD ordered from Disney Florist and sent to VWL in 2010! (filled with Christmas themed goodies - yum!)

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #45
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
For WL!!!

So, I was thinking about the something special for the girls...does Disney Florist have the Christmas items to see yet? They will put together whatever you want....maybe some Christmas Mouse Ears or Princess Tiaras with goodies included? They can decorate in with gilltter, ribbons etc.. We still have red glitter falling off a tote that DD ordered from Disney Florist and sent to VWL in 2010! (filled with Christmas themed goodies - yum!)

They do have the Christmas stuff available

I'm overwhelmed with the choices...I really am I should save the $$$ for the trip, the prices are a little

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: