Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #31
Princess23
Earning My Ears

disney visa

I couldn't live without my disney visa card...it's def my favorite card to whip out!!

Princess23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #32
miztressuz
Mouseketeer

it was posted on here some time ago that the visa booking OBC was a code and there could only be one code on a reservation. so the OBB OBC was actually a code and so you couldn't use both. the OBC TA's offer is not a code and therefore you can get the visa OBC perk and their offer or the OBB OBC and their offer but not all three. the KSF is a code and therefore can't be combined with the visa booking code. if you do a search i'm sure you'll find other threads asking that.

the one thing that was combinable was the $25 OBC for making an online reservation and the visa $50 OBC (or any other OBC offer) because the online was wasn't a code. but that $25 isn't offered any more.

not sure why the future cruise consultant said you could get the visa one and the OBB OBC unless something changed very, very recently. we asked last year cuz it can't hurt and they confirmed we could have one or the other (we still used the visa card for the deposit, gotta get the points )

'06, '08, '09, '10, '11, Dec '14 POP
'93 CR
DCL
Dec '14 7 night Fantasy (so close!)
Oct '11 4 night Dream
miztressuz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #33
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2
Double checked with my TA, still a "no" for combining promo codes.
Correct. As has been discussed before, the on board rebooking OBC & 10% offer off is booked using a booking code. You can only have one code (or "offer") per reservation, whether it be the on board booking, Kids Sail Free, FL resident rate, military rate, etc. Disney Visa uses another code, & u can't use two.

There USED to be a $25 credit given by DCL for booking online (not matter who booked it- yourself or your TA). That did not require a booking code, but instead, it was an offer from DCL, & it was combinable with the Disney Visa $50 OBC.

You can combine OBC given by TAs with anything, as again, no code is used - its simply money given to clients from their commission.

The only way you can get the $50 Disney Visa OBC is by booking a rack rate stateroom & by using it to pay for your deposit & balance. I cannot speak about the *GT rates, as I do not have experience with them & do not want to answer incorrectly or assume.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #34
slg4crzn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess23
I couldn't live without my disney visa card...it's def my favorite card to whip out!!
I second that but also Southwest visa is ranked up high. Lots of free flights to my DVC then spend my Disney rewards!
slg4crzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:25 AM   #35
PLANNER88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3indianakids
I warned over $400 in reward money with the premier card. We used it for all our gas and did for 6 months at 5% back and a few places to eat as well. We are using that money for tips and excursion. It's nice having free money to use on our trip. Now if we had this card a year or 2 before I trip it would have been even better!
We just recently upgraded to Premier....do they have the 5% offer very often? I would love to pay off balance at 5% instead of 2%.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #36
momof3indianakids
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANNER88

We just recently upgraded to Premier....do they have the 5% offer very often? I would love to pay off balance at 5% instead of 2%.
I think it was a promotional offer for the 1st month I had it then I got 2% sorry my message was wrong. Even at 2% we still earned quite a bit for using for gas and groceries.
momof3indianakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #37
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Correct. As has been discussed before, the on board rebooking OBC & 10% offer off is booked using a booking code. You can only have one code (or "offer") per reservation, whether it be the on board booking, Kids Sail Free, FL resident rate, military rate, etc. Disney Visa uses another code, & u can't use two.

There USED to be a $25 credit given by DCL for booking online (not matter who booked it- yourself or your TA). That did not require a booking code, but instead, it was an offer from DCL, & it was combinable with the Disney Visa $50 OBC.

You can combine OBC given by TAs with anything, as again, no code is used - its simply money given to clients from their commission.

The only way you can get the $50 Disney Visa OBC is by booking a rack rate stateroom & by using it to pay for your deposit & balance. I cannot speak about the *GT rates, as I do not have experience with them & do not want to answer incorrectly or assume.

Just to add to this. I was booked on one of the Pixar cruises (Wonder out of LA) on a VGT rate and I did receive the $50 OBC for using my Disney Visa. So that is one case where a discounted rate and the Disney Visa OBC can both be used.
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #38
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

I have a reservation booked at a discounted group rate (PCC 4.0) and was told by my DU TA that even that was not combinable with the Disney Visa $50 OBC.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:45 PM   #39
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
This was all on 1 reservation? Were you on the OGT sailing when rebooking a future cruise?
Yes.

I was sailing under OGT and got the $50 credit there. I booked in board a future dummy cruise and was told the $50 OBC will still apply on top of the OBC for booking on bord.

Of course, we'll see in two years...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:47 PM   #40
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post

I see.. In any case, at least this past August, *GT rates did give us the $50 OBC.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #41
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve
I booked in board a future dummy cruise and was told the $50 OBC will still apply on top of the OBC for booking on board.

Of course, we'll see in two years...
Yeah, they have given you incorrect info. I use my Disney Visa exclusively. I've booked every cruise with it. That's 6 sailed & 5 currently booked. Not counting the 1st 2 cruises or the 2 we got Florida Resident rates for, they have all been on board bookings with the deposit & balance paid for with the Disney Visa. No $50 Disney Visa OBC. I didn't expect it tho because I knew it wasn't combinable with any other offers.

The DU OBC & Castaway Club OBC gave me $475 total OBC on the last cruise & the one coming up in 48 days, so you won't hear any complaints from me! $475 is a lot of loot

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder

Last edited by Silverfox97; 10-21-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: