DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #16
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpet View Post
We should all reach out to WDW ticketing and see if we can get an email verification. It seems they have changed their thoughts since the announcement of the PAP discount.
Or this could backfire and they could clamp down on the CMs who aren't following the announced policy.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #17
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethsg View Post
I think this stinks for current AP holders. I just bought my AP in August.. and I tried this past weekend to switch to the PAP. I am not asking for an extension, and I will surely never visit a water park.. I just want the 20% discount that comes along with the PAP.
I think it's wrong.
If I got to Best Buy and buy a TV, and then they lower the price, they give it back to me... thats the way it works. Why should DVC be any different. Again.. not looking for more than 1 year.. just for the perks that go along with it.
And your "analogy" has an issue. If you bought a TV from Best Buy in AUGUST and wandered in today to ask for a refund becasue they lowered the price they would There is a time limit on that price match mess.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #18
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel21 View Post
We purchased our 10 day ticket w/park hopper for our upcoming Dec. trip which we'll receive once we check into the resort. Upon hearing the news from DVC on the special promo, I immediately called WDW Ticketing asking if I could just pay the difference OOP at Guest Relations (approx. $170 more) and they said no problem. I asked them to email me our conversation to confirm I would be able to do this when we get there in December. I've printed several copies of the email confirming our ability to upgrade at the price difference.

Always document your discussions including time/date of discussion, name of all CM's you speak with, and any email documents or confirmations you receive. This will alleviate a lot of headaches.
That is consistent with the upgrade policy.

According to Cheshire Figment, the policy is that upgrades are only allowed if the $399 PAP costs MORE than the ticket (or voucher) currently owned.

In OP's case the $399 PAP costs LESS than the AP being held and technically should not have been "upgraded"...much less any money refunded. There have been numerous reports of this happening, which is great for members who bought their tickets or vouchers before the $399 PAP was announced. But you aren't going to get Disney to put in writing that an active $425 DVC AP can be exchanged for a $399 PAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpet
We should all reach out to WDW ticketing and see if we can get an email verification. It seems they have changed their thoughts since the announcement of the PAP discount.
Actually that's the last thing I would do. This appears to be a case of certain Cast Members not getting the memo, and performing upgrades which are not supposed to occur.

Flood Disney ticketing with a bunch of inquiries and (IMO) the most likely result is more memos and better education of the front line CMs. And fewer upgrades.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #19
sgtpet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter

Or this could backfire and they could clamp down on the CMs who aren't following the announced policy.
I wouldn't call and state others got it I would call innocently and see if it works. Documented backup is good to have going to guest services.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #20
sgtpet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpet

I wouldn't call and state others got it I would call innocently and see if it works. Documented backup is good to have going to guest services.
Fair point. I still am going to inquire myself.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #21
rapunzel21
Nothing of interest

By all means, if you can get it in writing, all the better. It will help your case if there's an issue or change of thoughts once you arrive. Very difficult to dispute something if you have tangible evidence to present them that orginated from WDW.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #22
rapunzel21
Nothing of interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
But you aren't going to get Disney to put in writing that an active $425 DVC AP can be exchanged for a $399 PAP.
I wouldn't expect them to do this either. I'm just talking about our prior ticket purchase which for the four of us is LESS than the price for four DVC PAP at $299 per.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #23
sgtpet
DIS Veteran

They should only do it for prior purchased vouchers not for active ones.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #24
Sammie
DIS Veteran

You will not get anything in writing saying this is allowed, policy will be stated in emails and it will be exactly what Cheshire Figment shared.

As to them knowing that it is happening, they already know that.

As with all things Disney, there is written policy and there is what happens when you are dealing with a Cast member and it is never consistent.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:43 PM   #25
rapunzel21
Nothing of interest

Having your conversation and confirmations documented and sent/emailed to you is different from getting any stated policy exception to the rule in writing.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:07 AM   #26
cbnsoul
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

We went to upgrade our DVC renewal AP vouchers a couple days ago at Guest Relations at the Downtown Disney Marketplace. At first, she mentioned I was going to get a refund for some of the original purchase price (which I thought was a bit odd - I should have owed about $40). She then realized they were renewal AP (thus, less than $399 each) so I did owe a little. She was obviously going to upgrade me from the "over $399 AP" so there is hope for those of you out there with these passes that this is possibly becoming a more consistent policy.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #27
bwang123

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethsg View Post
I think this stinks for current AP holders. I just bought my AP in August.. and I tried this past weekend to switch to the PAP. I am not asking for an extension, and I will surely never visit a water park.. I just want the 20% discount that comes along with the PAP.
I think it's wrong.
If I got to Best Buy and buy a TV, and then they lower the price, they give it back to me... thats the way it works. Why should DVC be any different. Again.. not looking for more than 1 year.. just for the perks that go along with it.
That is Best Buy's policy not Disney (specifically says "Non-refundable" when you purchase). So it may work there but not at Disney and I am sure other places as well. Try buying a car and then come back several months later when a new model is released and the old model has a lower price. Do you think the dealer will gladly hand you money back?

Last edited by bwang123; 10-18-2012 at 02:32 PM.
bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #28
JKMJ441724
Um, I'm going to go with "NO."

Don't forget to ask for your 20% discount on purchases! I cheated myself out of about 100 bucks last week. Kept forgetting to mention I had a PAP.

JKMJ441724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #29
DisneyMomJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang123 View Post
That is Best Buy's policy not Disney (specifically says "Non-refundable" when you purchase). So it may work there but not at Disney and I am sure other places as well. Try buying a car and then come several months later when a new model comes out and the old model has a lower price. Do you think the dealer will gladlt hand you money back?
But I can still upgrade my current AP to a premium AP for $160 more. The exact same product.
DisneyMomJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #30
dvcmom72
Mouseketeer

oh wow, I am very excited to read this! I bought our AP's a couple of months ago but we will not be there until November to activate them. I also called to see if we could upgrade and was told I could not. Hope this works for us too!
dvcmom72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: