DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
BrianM
Earning My Ears

Booking new years week 7 months out

How difficult are 1 br reservations to get when booking 7 months out for the week between Christmas and New Years? For example, we will be looking at Sunday Dec 29 2013 through Saturday Jan 4, 2014. Resort TBD at WDW. What resorts generally have availability under these circumstances. Many thanks in advance.
BrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

You really just won't know until you try. Book your home resort and/or start a waitlist there at 11 months (if you need to do so)..

1 bedrooms do book more slowly than the other villa sizes, but everything goes quickly for this time of the year. The larger resorts are more likely to have space at 7 months - SSR, OKW & AKV.

Good luck!

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

You may have some luck. And I highly recommend a waitlist. Please do not get your hopes up for your first choice but people cancel their plans. Good luck to you!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:21 AM   #4
drusba

DIS Veteran

Your largest problem will be Dec 29 through night of Dec 31. At 7 months out this year you could have gotten 1BR for those nights at OKW except Hospitality House area and SSR except treehouses, but other resorts had nights already full, particularly Dec 31 the highest demand night of the year.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:42 AM   #5
rillsung
DIS Veteran

What's funny is last year for BWV for Christmas/New Year's, we had to cancel a few months ahead of time because I was pregnant (she was born last Christmas Eve!) I had put in a waitlist for the Christmas-New Year's week for a standard studio (instead of a better view) which did not get cancelled with our reservation and it came through right at a month before. So there was at least 2 waitlists that could have come through for that week last year for BWV. The year before is when we joined DVC and through waitlists and persistent calling, I was able to get 19 nights at SSR in a studio starting the beginning of November.

rillsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #6
MsTessP
Mouseketeer

About 5 weeks ago, someone got my 2 br Boardwalk View for 12/31-1/3 that I had to cancel. I'm sure I made their day. So you never know your chances until you try.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: