Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #31
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Tonga toast looks so yummy.
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #32
LowesChevy
The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vibrations and are beginning to materialize

Le Cellier-Saturday 29th Dinner

Le Cellier-Saturday 29th Dinner

I had secured this adr at 180 days and told me brother I wouldn’t change it, but hey its Le Cellier right?!

For a Saturday evening during the Food & Wine Fest, the World Showcase was as busy as ever. We tried to get in a bit sooner, but LC was packed. We waited maybe 15 minutes past our adr time, not terrible, but longer than I like to wait.

The server didn’t appear for a while as we looked at the menus. We were ready to order when she finally arrived to introduce herself, so I was annoyed slightly. She returned with the drinks and we relaxed in the cellar modeled room. My belly was bothering me from my sinus infection and they mixed up fresh ginger ale for me-that was sweet of them!

I love the décor and feeling of the dining room. We were nestled beside a pillar, so no one was very close to us. Unfortunately the crowd was on the loud side tonight. You can tell I must be getting old because I complain about noise a lot!

The menu has an interesting selection-so many items I want to try, but with my upset stomach I skipped the appetizer course. My father ordered the Caesar salad, which was good, not great he said. The lettuce was on the more bitter side since it was red romaine and more leafy than crisp or crunchy. My mother ordered the heirloom tomato salad, which she enjoyed. It was a lovely presentation complete with aspic cubes of tomato “gelatin.”

Tomato mozzarella

Caesar

We all had the “Prime” Canadian New York strip for our entrée. The steak wasn’t the most tender flavorful piece of meat I had in previous years, so we were slightly disappointed. If I had been hungrier-I would have went with the ribeye. The potato pave and spinach are good accompaniments to the steak show. They are not large portions, so if you like more potato with your meat check out the sides. I also ordered the poutine fries on the side and oh these are so rich. Really tasty, but watch that reduction-it is very strong! I like my fries more on crispy side, but still a nice side to share at the table. Very full, no dessert for us tonight!

NY strip

Poutine fries

Overall it was just an okay experience. Maybe an off night for us or perhaps the place just ain’t what it used to be much like the California Grill. I expect more in terms of service and food. Definitely on the fence about coming back next year.

3 Stars-average
LowesChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #33
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your review!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #34
LowesChevy
The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vibrations and are beginning to materialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
Enjoying your review!
Awesome, thank you!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #35
LowesChevy

Liberty Tree Tavern-Sunday 30th lunch

Liberty Tree Tavern-Sunday 30th lunch

Last year was our first visit here in ages and it was a positive one at that. I wanted our last day to be really fun and memorable and for dinner my brother and sister in law were going out alone for their anniversary, so eating together twice was important. We tend to love sit down meals, especially when it is 90 degrees with 90% humidity or so! It is a great break from tromping around in the park all morning.

View from above

I check us in a few minutes early with the front desk. We didn’t wait very long to be seated since we were an on time arrival. Our table was about where it was last year-off to the right in the back. it is on the cozy side and mom, Nick and I took the booth side, while the other three took the chair side of the table. Our server came over within a few minutes to welcome us and get our drink order, while we perused the menu.

My mother and I both ordered the Pilgrim’s feast with a side of cranberries. How can you not love hot turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy on a 90 degree day?! Doesn’t bother me one bit. My father on the other hand, remembers his childhood pot roast dinners in the middle of July. He passes and has the burger. Now if you still want a burger on the pink side, you can get it here. I love a little pink despite the health risk-call me crazy! My brother and sister in law went for the Freedom pasta and Liberty lamb stew.

Nick’s food arrived quickly-the pasta with marinara was pretty tasty.
The food arrived not long after Nick’s. He was already starting to wiggle, so that was a good thing. The grass is always greener for him and he likes to see what everyone else is eating. Everyone was pleased with their meals, even the pasta and lamb dishes were good. Our turkey platters could have been warmer and the green beans were flavorful, but on the cold side. Odd, but still very filling and delicious and the cranberries-a perfect ending to the meal.

Turkey

Burger-pic from last year

The food was great, the service good-about what I expected for the meal. The time allotment was good-not too fast nor too slow. After an hour we were back out in the park cruising along on the Liberty Belle. We will certainly be back next year for more turkey and all the fixin’s!

4 Stars-good
Old 10-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #36
LowesChevy

The Plaza Lunch Sunday 30th

The Plaza

Originally planned on dining here for lunch, but after the adr shuffle we ended up heading here for dinner with Nick. Chris and Stephanie were off to Narcoossee’s later on in the evening. The little prince was snoozing pretty hard before he woke up and we just made it to the check in desk before our adr time. Our adr was for 5:15 to give us an hour or so after dinner in the park before the MNSSHP began. We only waited a few minutes to be seated in the cool old school ice cream parlor. Our table had a direct view of the castle and Nick was lucky enough to spot Mickey and Minnie in the later afternoon show.

Our server arrived immediately to welcome us and take our drink order. I went with my favorite chocolate shake and there was plenty to share with mom and Nick too. We relaxed and watched the crowds crawl by, but I think Nick saw something that scared him and crouched down under the table.

The food is simple hot and cold sandwiches, one salad, soup du jour and one hot entrée as well as beverages and ice cream treats as far as the eyes can see. It is a good thing the menu items are basic-you better save room for ice cream sundaes and New York cheesecake! Dad and I ordered cheese steak sandwiches, mother the turkey and Nick a grilled cheese.

Cheese steak

The steak was very tasty-there could have been more meat, but the cheese and mushrooms helped fill up the fluffy hoagie roll. I was eying up Nick’s grilled cheese while he munched down his grapes. I think he was tired or not feeling well. Poor little guy, too much excitement or perhaps he really just wanted to ride the train again. My mother enjoyed her turkey sandwich as well. Plain old turkey sandwich Debbie.

Service was extra attentive and the food very delicious. So, if you are looking for a break from the heat and an ice cream treat-check out The Plaza off Main Street. Ha, I am so good.

4 Stars-good
Old 10-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #37
LowesChevy

Conclusion

Summary of events

Sadly, The Incredible, Edible Dining Reviews comes to a close in 2012. I hope you all enjoyed reading along. It was an amazing trip despite the major disaster. After that I think I could go through just about anything, not that I would want to!

I think in general there were some disappointments i.e. Le Cellier and California Grill. However the majority of our favorite venues continued to impress like Citricos, Raglan Road, Tutto Italia, Via Napoli, and Mama Melrose’s.

We took advantage of Tables in Wonderland this year and it worked very well to our advantage, especially when Nick and Co. arrived. Since we love eating at table service restaurants, the savings added up. Definitely look into this if you are an eligible guest-Annual Pass holder, FL resident or DVC member. Hopefully they will continue to offer this program for years to come. The dining plan doesn’t really fit our style, but TIW works for us.

Going to be researching for next year, well now! Times a wastin’! Looking at a Beach Club/BLT/Polynesian split stay…oh yeah we are that nutty. Hoping whatever construction or refurbs going on at the Polynesian are near completion when we arrive, so keeping my eyes peeled for updates. Otherwise we may go to the Grand Floridian.

The Forecast

Dinner: Citricos, Via Napoli, Tutto Italia, Jiko, Raglan Road, Les Chefs De France

Lunch: Mama Melrose, The Plaza, Rose & Crown, Liberty Tree Tavern
Breakfast: Kona Café, The Wave, Kouzinna, Captain’s Grille

Thinking of trying Shula’s for steak if anyone has any input on that locale.

See you real soon!
Erika
Old 10-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #38
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Really enjoyed your report!!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #39
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

A little late but I'm loooking forward to your reviews and love the pics!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #40
SillyFamily
Mouseketeer

Loving your reviews!!!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 12:22 AM   #41
nicole0992
I was born on Mickey's birthday!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your reviews. I enjoyed reading about all your meals. So many of the places you dined at are on my list for the next trip (and some are my faves already).
Old 10-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #42
Krissalee
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your reviews - I just devoured them all! You went to a few of my favorites - Citricos and Raglan Road, plus a few that I haven't been to in years. My dining plans are pretty much set for my trip at the end of the week, but I am already thinking of plans for next year, too.
Past Trips: 10/13 BWV (15th Anniversary) 9/13 BWV (Krissy's first solo trip), 11/12 OKW, 10/11 BWV (13th Anniversary), 2/11 SSR (Mom & Dad's 40th Anniversary) , 10/10 SSR (12th Anniversary), 1/10 BWV, 3/09 BWV, 10/08 SSR (10th Anniversary), 10/07 BCV/SSR (9th Anniversary), 10/06 BWV (8th Anniversary), 10/05 BWV (7th Anniversary & Hurricane Wilma), 10/03 BWV (5th Anniversary), 12/02 AKL/YC (my 30th birthday), 3/02 ASM, 10/01 WL (3rd Anniversary), 1999 CBR (Craig's first trip), childhood trips late 70s/early 80s
Krissalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #43
ThePrincess&TheJohn
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your beautiful reviews! Really enjoyed them!
ThePrincess&TheJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #44
nanienamou
Mouseketeer

Great reviews! Really enjoyed reading them, thank you for sharing!
nanienamou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #45
LowesChevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
Really enjoyed your report!!
Thank you!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: