Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #91
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

That hair is glorious! Purple is my favorite color and it looks lovely! And yes, she will be SO easy to spot around the parks now!
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #92
Rumpletinker
Mouseketeer

So pretty!! I want purple hair now ^.^
2010- Caribbean Beach (w/cousinbb)
2011- All Star Sports (w/cousinbb)
2011- Pop Century
2013- Port Orleans Riverside
Hey you! I'm into JESUS!

Rumpletinker is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #93
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

I will be searching Epcot for her this weekend...should be easy.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #94
MichaelaMouse
Mouseketeer

Hi! I've read all of your reviews & loved them, but this is my first time posting (kinda creepy I know!). I love reading them! Have an amazing trip!
Also, love the purple hair, makes me miss mine!
Old 10-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #95
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

I'm late, but I'm here! I can't miss your dining and drinking reviews.

I just got back from Epcot's F&W Festival and the Swan and Dolphin F&W Classic.

Kathy

John's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:03 PM   #96
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Hi everyone! Will reply tonight and post dinner pics. That hair pic is from last month. This time instead of the dark purple it's a lighter orchid color. Still like it but not as much as the dark! If you see a shorty with orchid hair come say hi!!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #97
aras4007
Mouseketeer

I've been waiting for your report! You guys are so funny! I can't wait to hear about this trip. Love the hair!
Old 10-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #98
mamasha
Mouseketeer

Did I miss your list of your ADRs?
I can't wait for it to begin!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #99
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Older, yes; not sure about wiser.
But I'm catching up to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTink09 View Post
Your dining reveiws are my favorite!! Happy Birthday. Hope you have an amazing trip!
Thank you, so far the trip is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Yay!!! Your trip is basically here! Can't wait to hear all the yumminess!!! Have a wonderful birthday and make sure you get some great cupcakes...my fave!!! LOL I'll live vicariously through you for the next week and a half!! Oh...I'd like you to have some wonderful cocktails too! One last thing...do you remember that spice cake cupcake from last year? You got it at the Boardwalk bakery...they still had them when I got there and it was WONDERFUL!! I had 2 or 3!! Can you just see if they are there again this year? (When you are passing through the food court if you happen to remember.) Oh...wait I lied...THIS is the last thing do you plan to get beignets at POFQ? I have not had them and we are staying at POR...a short enough walk that I would be willing to take to get some if they are worthy!
Just a few more hours of my thirties! I hope to get to that bakery and for sure get the pumpkin cupcake, hope they have it. We do not like the beignets but I bet you a million bucks Todd will order them anyways lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhst25 View Post
I love to read your reports! Happy Birthday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20DogsNDisney View Post
Have a great trip! Hope you get down Early!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Happy Birthday! (All the cool people are born in October! )

Can't wait until you get there Thursday and start the reviews!

Jill in CO
Thank you all so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012 View Post
OMGOsh ur hair sounds so cute!!!! Just had to say since I'm a hair stylist too. & I was lol @ the Evil Queen thing. Love it!!!
Its so great getting my hair done for free I love the purple..wish it was that dark this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine1109 View Post
Have a safe drive up tomorrow and looking forward to see which places Todd is "just not feelin" this trip!!! Elaine
Me too!

Quote:
I cannot wait to see the hair this time; loved it last month.
I think you would like it better...not as bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlife25 View Post
Finally joining before you start for once. I hope you don't cause me to change any of my upcoming reservations, you have done that before!
I hope I dont either

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Nicki! My DisBoard time really needs to be beefed up since I almost missed this! First, happy early birthday!!!! 40 isn't so bad, I've done it a few times!! Seriously though, what a great way to celebrate your special milestone birthday by going to WDW!

I'm looking forward to your live updates and I'm not even going to guess what gets changed around but I know it will all be good since you are with the walk-up king of Disney dining!!

Have a ton of fun and wishing you all the best for your special day!!
Thank you hon! I hope to repeat 40 many times as well You know things are going to get turned around and upside down a few times
Old 10-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #100
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Looking forward to your reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Happy Birthday. And yay for your reports. They are always so fun.

We leave in just 5 days to come down to WDW and can't wait.

Have a great day and a fun trip. Maybe I'll run in to you at EPCOT next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by athenna View Post
I've always loved your food reports! Glad I didn't miss much yet, I am always late to the laughing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Looking forward to your reviews!
Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Count me in as another one who really really really wants to see your hair! Have a safe trip!
Thank you all so much! We are here, later than I wanted but still loving it! Guess who is snoring already??

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfav4ever View Post
Hi! Not having a computer stinks, and makes typing and checking the DIS a pain, but I knew you were leaving, so I wanted to tell you have a great trip and happy birthday!
Well at least you got on...still waiting on your updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpletinker View Post
I am lovin' this review for 3 reasons!

1. Your reviews make me laugh and drool at the same time. Very unattractive, but fun

2. You're staying in POFQ which is where I want to stay in April. Hello, resort preview

3. You just dyed your hair purple. That is just plain awesome. But, pics or it didn't happen :P
You are too funny! Sometimes when I laugh I spit coffee all over my computer I LOVE POFQ! We have an amazing room on the third floor in the 4 building...super quiet. The pictures do not do the purple justice..I totally rock that color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery&Todd View Post
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all of your reviews!!

I also turned the BIG 4-0 this year (back in August so Im almost a "pro" at it now...)

and DH and I have been married for 19 years as of Oct. 9th and we've been together for 24...

phew...that's a long to be with someone!!

but I also find that DH and I have very similiar thoughts/conversations and we've even been known to ask each other the same question at the same time..

Cant wait to hear more!!
Thank you! We have been together for 22 years this month...agreed that is a long time to be with someone but I cant imagine life without him, who would get walkups for me?

Quote:
Nicki sent me a text message while she was waiting for Todd and asked me to post the following picture for all of you.

For those of you who don't know the background, Nicki and I met here on the DIS four years ago. We met when we first started doing a Disney/Marco Island vacation. We were only able to meet for a quick cup of coffee because she had to go out of town for a funeral.

Well, that was it! We have become inseparable since. She is the sister I never had, and my DH and I go to see her and Todd twice a year (and I'm hoping she'll finally get up to Chicago for my son's wedding next June). We either text, talk on FB or call each other every single day.

When my DH saw her hair the first time, he asked whether or not someone had spilled grape juice all over her hair. :
I will try my bestest to get up there this summer! xoxo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
Love it! She'll be easy to spot next week if I happen to run into her.
Its a bit lighter than that now...still wowing though

Quote:
Originally Posted by deenbrad View Post
What a pretty color!
Thanks, I loved it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYDUET View Post
Love the color and the cut!!
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20DogsNDisney View Post
Looks great! So when I see the lady with purple hair walking around disney we will know its you!
The lady that is being dragged around by her husband?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabzee View Post
I can't wait for the reviews!
I cant wait to bring them to you!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #101
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
That hair is glorious! Purple is my favorite color and it looks lovely! And yes, she will be SO easy to spot around the parks now!
I just love it...so lucky my uncle is a stylist and is a daring one at that! You should see it in the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpletinker View Post
So pretty!! I want purple hair now ^.^
Go for it! The color is called Pravana Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hattered View Post
I will be searching Epcot for her this weekend...should be easy.
I'll be there for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelaMouse View Post
Hi! I've read all of your reviews & loved them, but this is my first time posting (kinda creepy I know!). I love reading them! Have an amazing trip!
Also, love the purple hair, makes me miss mine!
So glad you posted, happy to have you here! I love the purple, cant wait to have it done again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
I'm late, but I'm here! I can't miss your dining and drinking reviews.

I just got back from Epcot's F&W Festival and the Swan and Dolphin F&W Classic.

Kathy
Hey Kathy, how have you been! How was your trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
I've been waiting for your report! You guys are so funny! I can't wait to hear about this trip. Love the hair!
Welcome! This trip will be the best one yet...but I say that for each trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasha View Post
Did I miss your list of your ADRs?
I can't wait for it to begin!
No you didnt, its in the index. First reviews coming up!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #102
catho72
DIS Veteran

I can't believe I missed this thread on opening day! Well, I'm glad I'm here now!

You always crack me up!!!

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

catho72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #103
MickeyNicki

YAY! We are finally here! Wow what a day, up at 5am, breakfast with Todd before I dropped him at work. I shopped around Ft Myers while he worked and we finally got on the road at 3:30...yes that was 2 hours later than I wanted but its ok...we made it to dinner on time so that was cool.

Dinner tonight was Texas de Brazil right by Universal, picture Ohana but a million times better. Man was that place slammed! The goal was to take pictures of the buffet for you but it was just way too busy to do that.

The idea of this place is the meat comes to you on skewers when and how much you want it. There is a humongous buffet that offers

HOT: Mushrooms, Black Beans and Rice, Potatoes Au Gratin, Lobster Bisque

COLD: Salad with all the fixings, tons of cheeses, cured meats, sushi, shrimp, veggies, bacon, olives and so much more I cannot begin to tell you

MEAT: Chicken sausage, chicken wrapped in bacon, parmesan chicken, Brazilian sausages (keilbasa), flank steak, top sirloin, filet, pork and lamb

I had a bottle of Saratoga water. Todd had a peach ginger ice tea. You have to pay for refills of everything here. Neither one of us had a bite to eat since 7:30 this morning so we were starving and couldnt wait to eat!

As soon as you are seated they bring you their cheese balls. These are very soft doughy balls loaded with cheese. I didnt eat any but Todd said they are just ok, not worth filling up on.

Right away we started with the lobster bisque. This is THE best bisque we have ever had anywhere. It is so light and creamy and just loaded with flavor...amazing. I had 2 bowls!

Next up was my salad, a mix of baby greens and romaine with fresh shaved parmesan cheese and ranch dressing. Very fresh, very good!

Todd's plate has a ton of stuff on it....I honestly cannot tell what it is but I know there are olives on that dish lol. Oh wait, he had mushrooms and said they were excellent

My plate has very spicy salami, prosciutto that was to die for, thick sliced pepper bacon, a mozzarella ball, smoked mozzarella, sliced parmesan, a few olives and gerkins, some cucumbers, asparagus, string beans and shrimp. Everything was fantastic and the shrimp were to die for

I tried to get pictures of the meat skewers but those guys are super fast!

We had the filet (melt in your mouth), pork (dry), parm chicken (eh), sausage (fantastic!), top sirloin (the best out of all them!) and flank steak (too dry and chewy)

Before they bring you the meats they give you garlic mashed potatoes, I didnt eat these and Todd had a small bite, said it was good but again, nothing you would want to fill up on. The roasted bananas was his favorite. I do not care for stuff like that without ice cream but he enjoyed it and ate it all

No dessert for us, we were way too full from meat! You completely set the speed of your meal, we decided to enjoy a nice long leisurely dinner, there for almost 2 hours but we were talking and having fun so time got away from us.

The cost is $46 per person and totally worth it but we had a free meal for my birthday so it was an even better deal! This is probably going to be our arrival night meal every year in Oct...what a fantastic place!

Last edited by MickeyNicki; 10-18-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #104
MickeyNicki

We checked into the POFQ late and check in was a breeze, not busy at all. We are in a great top floor unit in building 4, king bed and the room is immaculate!

Planning on meeting Gatrbait (Micky) tomorrow morning at the food court before she goes to MK and we drive to Boma for our breakfast. After that the plan is to go to DTD for shopping, movies and lunch and then back to the resort to crash before dinner at Citricos!

See you all tomorrow!
Old 10-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #105
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We have a place very similar here -- Fogo de Chao. Andy took us two years ago for our anniversary. Oh my...I swore I would not eat for a week after that. Everything was so super yummy. Your meats look really good as do those potatos.

What is with Todd and olives and pickles?

Get some rest; can't wait to hear all about tomorrow.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: