Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #151
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Yummy Boma pics! I am sooo excited to eat there in 12 days!!!

Did they still have the goat cheese eggs? I love those eggs!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #152
whogirl'smom
Any leftover grumpiness can be taken care of by a little wine
Like a box of Cheez-its, I couldn't put it down

Not sure how I missed this, Nicki! Will be back tonight to catch up after cousin's baby shower.

whogirl'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #153
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Happy belated birthday!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #154
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Citrico's looks so amazing. I really want to try that place sometime. The shrimp looked really good. To bad they looked better than they tasted.

And, 40 looks good on you. Glad you had such an enjoyable day. Can't wait to read about your adventures of today.
Citricos is one of my favorite restaurants, you should try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Happy Birthday! Citrico's looked great..haven't been for a number of years but might be time to give it another try!

Jill in CO
Thank you! Time to add it into your rotation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhst25 View Post
I am so glad your day was great. I LOVE your hair color! It complements you so well! Enjoy your day today!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut1149 View Post
Hi Nicki,
You two are such a cute couple!! Love the Boma review. I've never had breakfast there, but might have to try it next year!!!! It looks really good.
Thanks, I think so too ha ha! Boma is hands down our favorite breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Yummy Boma pics! I am sooo excited to eat there in 12 days!!!

Did they still have the goat cheese eggs? I love those eggs!
Sadly no more goat cheese eggs but the ham and cheese eggs are great

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogirl'smom View Post
Not sure how I missed this, Nicki! Will be back tonight to catch up after cousin's baby shower.
No worries, you didnt miss anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Happy belated birthday!
Thank you Karin!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #155
MickeyNicki

When last I left you I still had no clue what was in store for me today..except breakfast at Kona. Up nice and early and started right in on him

Me: Where are we going

Todd: Breakfast, did you forget?

Me: I know that, where are we going after that?

Todd: I will tell you after breakfast

Yes he is sooooo frustrating!

Weather was absolutely gorgeous, no humidity and pure sunshine in the sky. The Poly parking lot was not busy at all but the resort itself was a mad house. We checked in 30 minutes early for breakfast but luckily we were seated right away. Our table was in the darkest part of the restaurant so I had to use the flash or the pictures turned out too dark

DH had OJ and we shared our first of two pressed pots of Kona coffee. I love this stuff, it is the best coffee ever.

Shocker of all shockers but there was NO pumpkin pancakes...I was so bummed out about this and I had no clue what I wanted to get.

Me: (huge pout) They dont have those wonderful pumpkin pancakes they had last year

Todd: So, get the pineapple ones

Me: Not the same

Todd: Pancakes are pancakes

Obviously he doesnt taste his food as he inhales it

Me: Well I have no clue what I want now

Todd: Its breakfast, not picking a new car

Me: Just because you know you are getting tonga toast.....

Todd: Stop reading my mind!

Butter, ketchup, maple syrup and strawberry compote for the Sugar Bomb - er Tonga Toast

Of course he boy had to get the Tonga Toast. It is the only thing he ever gets here and he just loves it. I dont really care for it, way too sweet for me. He liked it but could not finish it all. The bacon was honest to goodness real thick tasty not limp bacon. HUGE improvement over the past years.

Here is where I blew his mind. I ordered the Big Kahuna, hold the french toast, potatoes and pancakes, add an extra egg and sliced tomatoes. The waitress had to do a double take, my husband had to do a double take

Todd: Whats up with that

Me: I dont know, sounds good

Todd: Sounds boring

Well he was wrong, it was great. I had 3 soft scrambled eggs that were super creamy, real bacon that he tried to snag from me but I wasnt letting it go, great sausage and a piece of ham that was very tender. The tomatoes that were pale looking actually had alot of flavor

I had no trouble eating it all and it kept me going all day long. Todd on the other hand, well that Tonga Toast made him crash and burn not too long after he ate it!

As we were sitting there waiting for the check I nagged him again, reminding him that breakfast was over and he had to tell me where we were going

Todd: Isnt it obvious?

Me: Duh, no, why else would I ask you?

Todd: Well MK is just right over there

Me: You knew we were going there all along right?

Todd: Yup, just wanted to make you nuts...Payback and all...

And here I am thinking he didnt have it all figured out....

Old 10-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #156
soontobewed07
DIS Veteran

Thank you for your reviews and a very Happy Birthday!
Forgot how much we loved Boma so I am adding that to the lineup this trip and it looks so yummy last time we were there it was very blah.

Now Kona is a first for us this trip and I have no clue what to order everything looks so yummy! The only thing I'm sure about is the coffee.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #157
MickeyNicki

MK was gorgeous today, perfect weather, not too busy. The new Fantasyland wasnt open but they were doing a special screening for CM's

The new Big Top area is nice, love the dueling Dumbo rides. The smell of sweet treats coming from the Big Top was too much to resist so we went in for a treat. All these candy shops have the exact same stuff, you seen one place you seen them all.

Needing a taste of something we opted for the chocolate covered fruit kabob. This was not good...I think its partly because it was served room temp and we were expecting it to be cold. The reason is the cheap, waxy, yucky tasting chocolate. We wound up taking the chocolate off the pineapple, banana and strawberry and finishing the fruit. They do sell the fruit kabob without the chocolate, might get that again

Covered alot of ground in MK and it was getting warmer and more crowded so we decided to go back to the resort for pool time. Neither of us were hungry but there is alot of things we want to eat at MK and are planning on going back this week. As we are heading around Adventureland and dodging strollers and lots of large groups I became lost. Well not so much lost as separated from my hubby. Normally I would call his cell and find him but seeing that I was close to Pirates I kinda knew where he was. What is next to Pirates? Jungle Cruise. What is next to Jungle Cruise? EGG ROLL STAND!

And there he is, front of the line, money in hand...glazed look on his face and huge smile on his mouth

Me: Uh, Hello, did you forget something?

Todd: No I got two egg rolls...oh wait, yea I forgot, a bottle of water too please

Me: You lost me!

Todd: Didnt you smell the egg rolls in the air? You knew where I was. This stand never opened last Oct, I couldnt chance not getting one, or two, or ten

And here he is, in all his pork and shrimp egg roll glory

He loves these suckers...not me, I cant stand egg rolls. He did offer me a bite as he always does but I dont think it counts when the last of the egg roll is being shoved in his mouth do you?

Last edited by MickeyNicki; 10-20-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #158
debjk4
Mouseketeer

I just LOVE reading your reviews! I think a Boma breakfast is in our future! Can't wait for more!
Old 10-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #159
MickeyNicki

We rode an empty bus back to POFQ, jumped in our suits and hung by the pool for a bit, the weather is just gorgeous!

I started to get a bit hungry so we went inside to grab some lunch. The place was basically empty but the service was terrible. Took forever to get those "kids" attention because they are all young and too busy joking around with each other than wait on customers.

Todd had the buffalo chicken sandwich with pasta salad and a ton of pickles...hey you knew this was coming! He really liked the pasta salad and said the chicken sandwich was excellent. Very moist and tender with lots of flavor.

He had this new honey green tea and said it was ok. I stuck to SmartWater...I think I had a dozen of these today

My choice was the create your own salad. You can have romaine or mixed baby greens or both, chicken or shrimp or nothing, soybeans, bacon, kalamata olives, croutons, Chinese noodles, dried cranberries, cucumbers, corn, parm cheese, carrots, tomatoes and broccoli. To have them mix dressing your choices are chipolte ranch, caesar and I forget the other two. I wanted regular ranch and they give you packets, you have to toss the salad yourself. I didnt like this because the salad was packed in the bowl and hard to mix so I dumped it on a plate but still managed to make a mess.

I didnt like this at all. The chicken was ice cold but very tender and flavorful. The lettuce was not that fresh, the bacon was like eating gravel. The broccoli was so gross. Basically I ate the chicken once it warmed up a bit, cukes and olives and threw out the rest. Todd called it best when he said it tasted like garbage.

After some fun in the sun we went back to our room to chill out and shower for dinner...coming up, a new place for us to try

Old 10-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #160
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post

Sadly no more goat cheese eggs but the ham and cheese eggs are great

Bummer! That was on of the reasons I booked it. Oh well, as long as they have still have the ham!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 10-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #161
MickeyNicki

Dinner tonight was at the CSR, Maya Grill. We have never been here before and the new menu looked awesome. Deciding to drive over with the top off the Vette and the windows down, it is a gorgeous night and there was a ton of traffic. The CSR is not far from the POFQ but we sat through multiple light changes at each traffic light because of the amount of cars on the road. No prob, we made it on time.

Todd: Why are we eating Mexican, I thought you cancelled Mexican

Me: I did cancel SAI but this is different foodwise

Todd: Well I like the atmosphere better in Epcot

Me: But this place has fried ice cream

Todd: Sold!

The CSR was slamming but that might be because of the huge convention that was just wrapping up and there was a ton of people everywhere. The Maya Grill was half full when we arrived and the time we left it was 100% full with a line out the door waiting to get in. After eating the food I can see why.

My husband was over the moon when he heard the live guitarist playing, he loves eating or sitting in a bar with live music of any kind. The guitarist was amazing, he played everything from Bryan Adams to Hotel California, Sting to Selena. He even sang happy birthday to me! We could have stayed all night just listening to him

The menu on the WDW site is correct and its a pretty extensive menu at that.

For starters Todd had chips and salsa guacamole. He liked the thicker red salsa better than the thinner green one. The chips were hot, thin and crispy and the ones that came with the guacamole a thicker chip. The guac was very good, lots of large hunks of avocado and diced jalapeno. No way could we eat it all

I had the mixed mesclun greens with avocado slices, cucumbers and grape tomatoes tossed in a cilantro citrus vinagrette. The best salad ever! I ate all of it and wanted another one, so fresh and so tasty!

DH had the beef enchiladas with rice and black beans. He didnt like the sauce on the top so he asked for more corn tortillas and re-wrapped his food. He loved it after that....add some guacamole and sour cream to it and he was in heaven, he ate everything!

I wanted a combo of the fajita dish but you can only choose one item so I went with the server's suggestion and got the steak. OMG this was incredible! The cheese was delish, the peppers and onions were so tender and the steak was out of this world! So tender and flavorful, just the best meal. I didnt even eat the tortillas, rice or beans because there was so much meat and veggies and I prefer that over the other stuff. Todd ate my rice but left the beans alone.

Coffee was a no brainer, the table next to us had some and it smelled too good to pass up

Here is the dessert plate. Fried ice cream and coconut flan are the larger dishes, the shot glasses are Dulce de Leche, Berry Parfait, Oreo Cake, a lemon dessert and a Peanut Butter Chocolate Parfait. Todd went with the fried ice cream, that is his favorite. It was delivered with a candle in it for me to blow out

This type of thing is not my cup of tea but he enjoyed it, loved the churros and I had the whipped cream and berries...very good. We had refills on our coffee and just soaked up the music some more.

Todd: You did good kid, I love this place.

Me: I'm so glad...lets book it for every trip

Todd: Agreed! Lets cancel something so we can eat here again this week

See...frustrating

Last edited by MickeyNicki; 10-20-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #162
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Yummy!! The Maya Grill looks amazing. I am huge fried ice cream lover too!! We have a frozen custard place by us and one of their specialty flavors is called Fried Ice Cream, they only have it about once a month or two so I made my dad pick me up a quart of it! I ate the quart in like 4 days, haha!

Old 10-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #163
MickeyNicki

Hit more traffic going back to the resort but it was a nice night so we didnt mind. DH has been asleep for a while now, he is prepping for his marathon day at Epcot tomorrow. Breakfast will be at the resort, F&W snacking and probably lunch and we have early dinner reservations at Rose & Crown, another first for us. I am hoping that we stay in Epcot all day without a break...after our conversation on the ride home I dont know if this will happen

Me: I am going to tell you what we are doing tomorrow and you have to do it ok?

I glance at him and see that he is giving me the eye and not in a good way

Me: Seriously, you picked the last two days its my turn

Todd: You planning on running me to death arent you?

Me: Not really, you can sleep in a bit and we can eat at the resort, heck if you want I will bring breakfast to you

Todd: That could work...wait, I see what you are doing ...what is your evil plan

Me: Get to Epcot and stay all day

Todd: What is all day, 2ish?

Me: No, all day as in dinner time and stuff

Huge sigh out of this one...he forgets that we used to open and close the parks when we were younger. I take the opportunity to remind him of this

Me: You act more like 40 than I do

Todd: Ok fine, lets see who tuckers out first, you or me. Now get us home so I can go to sleep and prepare for tomorrow

Jeez, he cant even stay awake for the ride back to the resort how the heck is he going to stay awake all day tomorrow? I see many naps in the Ellen Degeneres thing in my future!
Old 10-20-2012, 08:59 PM   #164
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

LOL At first when looking at your pictures I was like "oooohhh...adding that chocolate covered fruit kabob to my snack collection!" Then when I read the actual review I was like "ooooohhh...taking that chocolate covered fruit kabob out of the snack collection!" Looks better than it tastes, huh?

The review of Maya Grill makes me reconsider a bit. Or...we actually have an open night...may try and get that ressie?

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
LOVEMY3KIDDOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #165
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobewed07 View Post
Thank you for your reviews and a very Happy Birthday!
Forgot how much we loved Boma so I am adding that to the lineup this trip and it looks so yummy last time we were there it was very blah.

Now Kona is a first for us this trip and I have no clue what to order everything looks so yummy! The only thing I'm sure about is the coffee.
Its my pleasure and thanks for the b-day wishes! Boma and Kona are the best, never had a bad meal at either place

Quote:
Originally Posted by debjk4 View Post
I just LOVE reading your reviews! I think a Boma breakfast is in our future! Can't wait for more!
I think another one is in my future!

Quote:
Bummer! That was on of the reasons I booked it. Oh well, as long as they have still have the ham!
The ham is there and its incredible

Quote:
Yummy!! The Maya Grill looks amazing. I am huge fried ice cream lover too!! We have a frozen custard place by us and one of their specialty flavors is called Fried Ice Cream, they only have it about once a month or two so I made my dad pick me up a quart of it! I ate the quart in like 4 days, haha!
Ooh that sounds very good...I bet Todd would love that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
LOL At first when looking at your pictures I was like "oooohhh...adding that chocolate covered fruit kabob to my snack collection!" Then when I read the actual review I was like "ooooohhh...taking that chocolate covered fruit kabob out of the snack collection!" Looks better than it tastes, huh?

The review of Maya Grill makes me reconsider a bit. Or...we actually have an open night...may try and get that ressie?
Thats too funny..I bet it would have been great if they used a good quality chocolate..the fake stuff is just horrible.

Maya Grill was a great surprise for us, we really loved it there and it was totally worth the trek over to CSR. Better than La Hacienda and SAI for sure.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: