Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #136
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

We left DTD and went back to the resort to relax before dinner. I am not getting the best cell reception up here and my family was calling me like crazy to wish me HBD so I was on the phone for a while....consoling my poor mother because she is so depressed that she is the mother of a 40 year old!

We drove over to Citrico's and arrived a bit early so we had a drink in the lounge. Todd had the Citromopolitan and I had and apple martini..both were fantastic!

It was nice to sit and chat and have a drink...about 20 minutes later we were seated by the window...very nice!

We have been to Citrico's many times and it is always amazing food wise and service wise. Tonight was just as wonderful!

Grain bread and kalamata olive bread with butter topped with citrus sea salt. I didnt have any but DH liked the olive bread

We shared the caesar salad...the kitchen split is for us. Very good but a little too heavy on the lemon

After all these trips I finally tried the shrimp with the feta cheese and tomatoes. I dont get what the rave reviews are about...there was hardly any feta or tomatoes in this dish and the shrimp was way over cooked. Not my favorite but DH said it was ok. Honestly I prefer the Saucy Shrimp at Bone Fish Grill.

Todd had the Corn Soup and I thought it was incredible but he said he prefers the chunky, thick, potato loaded corn chowder. Didnt stop him from finishing it all though!

I had no clue what to order, it all sounded wonderful..

Me: So you are getting the short ribs and I ...(this is where I am interrupted)

Todd: Whaddaya mean I am getting the short ribs?

Me: You have been here 4 times before and have always ordered them, you mentioned you wanted Citricos for the short ribs, you told me earlier that you were getting them soooo....bingo, you are getting short ribs

Todd: What if I want chicken?

Me: Do you want chicken?

Todd: No, I want short ribs...I just want to keep you on your toes in your old age

Yeah, as if I need any more help from him This is the same man that woke me up with a good morning grandma and is taking great pleasure in reminding everyone that he is still in his 30's!

So he ordered the short ribs with mushrooms and pasta and he cleaned the plate. The meat was amazingly tender and so flavorful...yup he gave me a bite or two, thats love for ya!

I opted for the pork tenderloin with pork belly and subbed out the polenta for veggies. The tenderloin was very tender but I didnt like the seasonings on it so I put some of Todd's sauce on it...much better. The pork belly was phenomenal! The brussel sprouts were nasty...too much smoked flavoring. I was in love with the escarole and zucchini but not a fan of the peppers or turnips. Wish I asked for double escarole and no sprouts...ah next time I will know better

We were both too full for dessert so we shared a pot of coffee and our server brought out a treat for us to share...I didnt want it so Todd ate it and said it was cute but not tasty. Coffee on the other hand was wonderful!

MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #137
MickeyNicki

As we were sitting there sipping our coffee we had a "what are we doing" conversation...went a little like this

Me: So we are eating at Kona tomorrow morning

Todd: Oh good, I love that place

Me: Yeah, um, what are we doing after?

Todd: I dont know yet

Me: Well do you want to go to the pool, a movie, a park?

Todd: I will let you know

Me: When, tonight?

Todd: Now where is the fun in that?

Me: Aw come on...you going to spring this on me tomorrow at breakfast?

Todd: Maybe, jeez you are getting very impatient in your old age

Me: Living with you will do that to a girl

Todd: Ok, fine, I will tell you at breakfast

Me: Ok, fine.....are we driving to Kona or taking a cab

Todd: Dont know yet

Me: GRRRRRRRR

Todd: Whats the weather like tomorrow

Me: Do I look like Al Roker to you?

Todd: No, you have purple hair silly

Me: Whats the weather have to do with what we do tomorrow?

Todd: Well a cold front is coming through

Me: 84 is a cold front?

Todd: It might be a nice day for AK, since thats a hot park

Me: So we are going to AK

Todd: Dont know yet

This is where I said "CHECK PLEASE!"

As we were leaving the GF the traffic was so backed up within the resort and there were police lights everywhere. Sat in a line of cars and buses for 30 minutes. We see helicopters, cops on motorcycles, state troopers, fire trucks, security everywhere. And still we sit. Turns out it was just Joe Biden driving through. It was fun just sitting there talking to the people waiting to move though, helped move the time along.

So here I am, in my room, updating you all and my hubby is snoring his brains out....and I still have no idea what we are doing tomorrow! Your guess is as good as mine! Until then, goodnight all!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #138
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Happy birthday! It sounds like you've had a wonderful day overall, and I'm glad that the food at Boma was very good for the most part. Boma's currently my favorite Disney breakfast.
Was a great day and the food at Boma was amazing, looking for space in our schedule to go back again this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn46356 View Post
First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU!!!!!!!!!!! My mouth is watering from the Boma pictures (let alone all the sweets). Definitely my favorite also and we have an adr in December too!!!!! Do they still have the omelet station? Hope so!

It's going to be a great week reading along. Your trip reports are epic!!!!! Thanks for allowing us to read along!!!!!!
Thank you! Boma is the best, everything was delicious Yes they do have the omelet station. So happy you are enjoying the reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlife25 View Post
Looks good! Did the eggs at Boma have chives or spinach in them? Lately I've seen reviews with spinach, but yours looked like chives.
Sadly no more chive and goat cheese eggs...didnt see any spinach either but the ham and cheese eggs were great!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:10 PM   #139
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Happy Birthday Nicki

Wisihing you a wonderful day

I am enjoying reading your reviews.

Loved our Citricos review. I like the soup and the shrimp. Our server told us to dip the olive bread into the shrimp broth which we tried. It was good.

Cant wait to read your daily dining adventures!

Enjoy every minute of your trip!
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #140
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

You look gorgeous Nicki!!!!!!!! Happy still your birthdayy!!!

Drooool!! Love boma breakfast!!!!!! I die for the goat cheese and chive scrambled eggs. FINALLY NEW MERCHANDISE!!! Right?!?!! Ahh i love that shrimp at citricos. I sorry it was underwhelming. Mike had to practically rip the bowl out of my hands because i was trying to drink the sauce! I was dairy free last time we ate there and the chef made it for me with olive oil and it wasn't even close. I'm going back in feb and asking for extra butter hahahahahaa!!! Ok, idk if you've tried the sugar dusted mickey cake pops from goofy's, but if you like cake pops OMGGGG TO DIEEE FOR!!! They have chocolate, vanilla and red velvet. DIEEE!!!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #141
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

First...HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY...got it in before midnight!!

Second...your pre-Disney meal looks wonderful...carnivore's heaven!

Third...your pix from Boma make me so happy that I have a ressie there in a few weeks!! I LOVE blueberry pancakes and the ham looks amaze!! Everything looks so great! Hoping to see some snacks soon...Todd better not disappoint! LOL

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
LOVEMY3KIDDOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #142
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Is there actually a dish on the Citricos menu called "Side Dish"? I'd order it anyway, but still.

I hope tomorrow' plans work out, and hopefully there will be several more standout dishes to come (like the short ribs)!
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:27 AM   #143
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

You are GORGEOUS on your 40th birthday!!! Love the purple hair and the cut- Thanks so much for posting that tapas menu from the bar- I didn't know they did that- it's making my wheels turn....really would like to check that out, I think that bar is fabulous to begin with, but add in some tapas? Super fab!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:54 AM   #144
Rumpletinker
Mouseketeer

Wow! You are a knockout! Todd looks like Bobby Flay. O.o :P

Citrico's looked uh-may-zing!! I want to eat there some day. That shrimp dish sounded so delicious. Bummer that it was a miss.

Have lots of fun! Remember you're vacationing for like 50 people here.
2010- Caribbean Beach (w/cousinbb)
2011- All Star Sports (w/cousinbb)
2011- Pop Century
2013- Port Orleans Riverside
Hey you! I'm into JESUS!

Rumpletinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:35 AM   #145
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

I love smooth creamy soups (but I don't like chowder) so that soup looks delicious to me! Sorry the shrimp disappointed though!

HAPPY DAY AFTER YOUR BIRTHDAY, NICKI! Geez you and Todd are such a photogenic couple, you look like a Sandals ad! If we run into you at POFQ and snap a pic together only DH and I will look like folks who would be writing Disney dining reviews online!
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:48 AM   #146
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
Happy Birthday Nicki

Wisihing you a wonderful day

I am enjoying reading your reviews.

Loved our Citricos review. I like the soup and the shrimp. Our server told us to dip the olive bread into the shrimp broth which we tried. It was good.

Cant wait to read your daily dining adventures!

Enjoy every minute of your trip!
Thank you! Its been a great birthday trip so far! DH dipped liked the shrimp sauce and he was having a good time dipping the bread in there. Cannot wait to see what we do today

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
You look gorgeous Nicki!!!!!!!! Happy still your birthdayy!!!

Drooool!! Love boma breakfast!!!!!! I die for the goat cheese and chive scrambled eggs. FINALLY NEW MERCHANDISE!!! Right?!?!! Ahh i love that shrimp at citricos. I sorry it was underwhelming. Mike had to practically rip the bowl out of my hands because i was trying to drink the sauce! I was dairy free last time we ate there and the chef made it for me with olive oil and it wasn't even close. I'm going back in feb and asking for extra butter hahahahahaa!!! Ok, idk if you've tried the sugar dusted mickey cake pops from goofy's, but if you like cake pops OMGGGG TO DIEEE FOR!!! They have chocolate, vanilla and red velvet. DIEEE!!!
Thank you! I told Todd that is trip is heavy on the pictures..so far he is cool with it, lets see what happens towards the end of the trip The cake pops looked very good but I have my heart set on some cupcakes...flavored ones that is

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
First...HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY...got it in before midnight!!

Second...your pre-Disney meal looks wonderful...carnivore's heaven!

Third...your pix from Boma make me so happy that I have a ressie there in a few weeks!! I LOVE blueberry pancakes and the ham looks amaze!! Everything looks so great! Hoping to see some snacks soon...Todd better not disappoint! LOL
Thank you! I love meat, Texas de Brazil totally does it right! DH loved the blueberry pancakes, he said they were fluffy and loaded with blueberries. The ham was outstanding, we had alot of that...hope its the same at Tusker House next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Is there actually a dish on the Citricos menu called "Side Dish"? I'd order it anyway, but still.

I hope tomorrow' plans work out, and hopefully there will be several more standout dishes to come (like the short ribs)!
I know right, I never saw that on the menu before...just wished it was the escarole because that was fantastic. So far I moved our Kona back an hour because the King is still asleep. How can one sleep in WDW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
You are GORGEOUS on your 40th birthday!!! Love the purple hair and the cut- Thanks so much for posting that tapas menu from the bar- I didn't know they did that- it's making my wheels turn....really would like to check that out, I think that bar is fabulous to begin with, but add in some tapas? Super fab!
Aw thank you so much! I love that picture too..it basically screams TAKE THAT 40! If we had more time I would have tried some tapas too..the pork cheeks sounded very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpletinker View Post
Wow! You are a knockout! Todd looks like Bobby Flay. O.o :P

Citrico's looked uh-may-zing!! I want to eat there some day. That shrimp dish sounded so delicious. Bummer that it was a miss.

Have lots of fun! Remember you're vacationing for like 50 people here.
Aw shucks, you are making me blush! LOL about Todd and Flay...wish he could cook like Bobby but he cannot even heat up leftovers I think the shrimp would have been alot better if it wasnt so overcooked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
I love smooth creamy soups (but I don't like chowder) so that soup looks delicious to me! Sorry the shrimp disappointed though!

HAPPY DAY AFTER YOUR BIRTHDAY, NICKI! Geez you and Todd are such a photogenic couple, you look like a Sandals ad! If we run into you at POFQ and snap a pic together only DH and I will look like folks who would be writing Disney dining reviews online!
I'm with you, I love creamy soups and my favorite is butternut squash...hope I can find it somewhere up here. Thank you for the kind words...its not every picture that we both look great in it so I am grateful for the one
Old 10-20-2012, 07:45 AM   #147
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Citrico's looks so amazing. I really want to try that place sometime. The shrimp looked really good. To bad they looked better than they tasted.

And, 40 looks good on you. Glad you had such an enjoyable day. Can't wait to read about your adventures of today.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #148
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Happy Birthday! Citrico's looked great..haven't been for a number of years but might be time to give it another try!

Jill in CO
Old 10-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #149
krhst25
Mouseketeer

I am so glad your day was great. I LOVE your hair color! It complements you so well! Enjoy your day today!

krhst25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #150
disnut1149
DIS Veteran

Hi Nicki,
You two are such a cute couple!! Love the Boma review. I've never had breakfast there, but might have to try it next year!!!! It looks really good.
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov., 2014 CSR Sept., 2015 AS Sports Aug.
disnut1149 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: