Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #1
Forensicmom
Mouseketeer

Great food. No disappointments

We just got back from a week in Disney and I wanted to write this review before I forget. We had the DDP and the kids are breakfast (cereal) in the room. DH and I ate a muffin in the food court at the resort (using a snack credit).

DAY 1 - DINNER Kona Cafe @ The Poly - FANTASTIC. ALL 10 of our party were thrilled with this and would defiately go back.

DAY 2 - LUNCH Flame Tree BBQ @ AK - Really good.
DINNER Sanaa @ AKL - This was good but at the bottom of our list. The style of food was our least favorite and three of our group said their dinner was cold when it came.

DAY 3 LUNCH Columbia Harbour House in MK- Surprisingly good. The apple crisp was great.
DINNER Portobella in DTD - Amazing. The atmosphere was really nice and the food was equally good. This was a great adult place, even though we had our 4 kids (ages 8, 11, 14, 18).

DAY 4 LUNCH Starring Rolls Cafe in HS - Food was really really good BUT, this was the MOST confusing place to order something with the DDP. No menu is posted and you don't know what you can pick while on the plan until you go up to pay.
DINNER San Angel Inn in Epcot - This reservation took the longest (about 20-25 minutes). The atmospher was awesome and the food was really good too. It was a little dark so we all had our phone out to read the menu. We were surpised at how good the food was. The only downfall was that it took almost 2 hours for dinner, so we missed Illuminations.

DAY 5 LUNCH - Sunshine Seasons in Epcot -Good food but it's so big and confusing, especially with a party of 6 people.
DINNER - Tokyo Dining - We've never eaten Japanese food like this before so we were being adventurous. It was really good and everyone enjoyed themselves. I learned that my sensitive stomach can't handle a whole plate of tempura shrimp. I felt sick all night. But, it was worth it and I learned how to eat with chopsticks.

DAY 6 LUNCH - Studio Catering Co in HS - It was OK but average cafeteria style hamburger and fries.
DINNER - Boatwright's Dining Hall at the Port Orleans Riverside - Again, a really good meal. No complaints.

DAY 7 LUNCH Wolfgang Puck's Express in DTD - Wonderful again.

We were all surprised that with all the places we ate, we did not get a terrible meal anywhere. Most of these places we would eat at again. Now it's time for some fasting before Thanksgiving (just kidding).
Old 11-21-2012, 05:20 AM   #2
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Sounds like your had a wonderful and yummy trip
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
Forensicmom
Mouseketeer

Yes, definately.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your experiences! Glad to see the apple crisp was great! Yay for learning to eat with chop sticks.. sorry your stomach didn't really appreciate all the shrimp tempura. What did you order at WPE? It's one of my favorites but I have only ordered pizza.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #5
Forensicmom
Mouseketeer

At WPE - I had the margherita pizza but I shared it with my son and I ate half of his BBQ chicken pizza. Everyone in our group loved it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: