Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #91
OnlyDisney
DIS Veteran

Thanks for keeping us updated on what's going on with this owner. I also like the idea of bumping up this thread monthly
Oct 25-Nov 7, 2015 - Fort Wilderness Family Reunion
OnlyDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #92
mouseketeer_mom
DIS Veteran

Been lurking here since your original post (which I found very reasonable) but it wasn't until I realized that you have your own "cronies" and "stalkers" that I realized that you might be a celebrity

Now, where's that Kathryn chick?

Surely, she joined because she's planning a very special trip to the most Magical Place on Earth and just happened to stumble upon your thread
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #93
connorlevismom

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseketeer_mom View Post
Been lurking here since your original post (which I found very reasonable) but it wasn't until I realized that you have your own "cronies" and "stalkers" that I realized that you might be a celebrity

Now, where's that Kathryn chick?

Surely, she joined because she's planning a very special trip to the most Magical Place on Earth and just happened to stumble upon your thread
Oh....she won't be back. She let me know that she has no intention of visiting the "DIS CLICK BOARD", ever again.

She also said she questions me looking into the management company and said "who does that? You are renting a week in Fl, not a year". Well Kathryn, I DO and so do lots of others on this boards. We all know who the good and bad management companies are. It is called doing your research.
connorlevismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #94
mouseketeer_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorlevismom View Post
Oh....she won't be back. She let me know that she has no intention of visiting the "DIS CLICK BOARD", ever again.

She also said she questions me looking into the management company and said "who does that? You are renting a week in Fl, not a year". Well Kathryn, I DO and so do lots of others on this boards. We all know who the good and bad management companies are. It is called doing your research.
Must be because Kathryn doesn't need references as she is Psychic! She was even able to review her stay that occurred after yours before hers was finished! She's crazy good, that one

Joking aside: I am sorry this has happened to you Connerlevismom. It has to be just a little concerning that "Kathryn" really does seem to be doing a little internet stalking and that's just plain creepy. BE cautious! Remember, she has some of your very personal information.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #95
connorlevismom

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseketeer_mom View Post
Must be because Kathryn doesn't need references as she is Psychic! She was even able to review her stay that occurred after yours before hers was finished! She's crazy good, that one

Joking aside: I am sorry this has happened to you Connerlevismom. It has to be just a little concerning that "Kathryn" really does seem to be doing a little internet stalking and that's just plain creepy. BE cautious! Remember, she has some of your very personal information.
I know and honestly, that does worry me a bit. I would not put it past her to do anything at this point. She has shown herself to be a bit crazed.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #96
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

I'd definitely look into what avenues you have to report harassment through tripadvisor, and any sites such as home away the property is listed on. There's also a WH Facebook page with a recommendations section- I'd let folks there know as well.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #97
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

I was intrigued by the title of this thread and just read the whole thing...and I have to say, as much as I hate this situation for you, OP - "Kathryn's" entrance made it hilarious! I will happily be one of your cronies...

Here's hoping this owner can be at least put out of business due to negative reviews! Have you looked into the BBB? Not sure if they deal with private home rentals or not but I figure it's worth a shot. Go through every avenue possible to report this crazy woman.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:13 AM   #98
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

Kathryn ends her screen name in 007.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:37 AM   #99
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
Here's hoping this owner can be at least put out of business due to negative reviews! Have you looked into the BBB? Not sure if they deal with private home rentals or not but I figure it's worth a shot. Go through every avenue possible to report this crazy woman.
Wow. I don't know about the OP, but I don't want the owner to be put out of business. She needs to change the way she deals with customers, but I wouldn't want someone to lose their rental home because of a negative review. That's really over the top IMO.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:02 AM   #100
mrsklamc

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Wow. I don't know about the OP, but I don't want the owner to be put out of business. She needs to change the way she deals with customers, but I wouldn't want someone to lose their rental home because of a negative review. That's really over the top IMO.
I wouldn't say 'lose her rental home' but I would hope she either realizes she can't lie to and stalk customers, or gets out of the business altogether.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #101
connorlevismom

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
I was intrigued by the title of this thread and just read the whole thing...and I have to say, as much as I hate this situation for you, OP - "Kathryn's" entrance made it hilarious! I will happily be one of your cronies...

I don't want to put her out of business, I am just hoping to warn others about her behavior. If she goes out of business because this is how she deals with anyone that has a slight problem with her rental, than that is on her. But I did not start this thread to put her out of business I just started it to ask for some advice on her rental. It turned ugly because of her behavior towards me.

I will say that either her (or her friend) have just made things 100% worse for her by showing up all over the internet to harass me. Like I said, should have left well enough alone. One bad review won't kill your business, but showing up and attacking someone willl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
I wouldn't say 'lose her rental home' but I would hope she either realizes she can't lie to and stalk customers, or gets out of the business altogether.
I would hope that she will change the way she deals with people, but I doubt it. I saw that I was not the only person she threatened to sue, so it seems to me this is just her personality and maybe this kind of business is just not for her.

I don't appreciate being called the guest from hell, someone who gets paid to write bad reviews and telling me that you hope I sleep well at night because I clearly got what I wanted out of this review, putting her out of business. THAT IMO, is completely over the top and unreasonable. But, again it just shows everyone what kind of person she is. She forgets that I also rented 3 other homes at the same time and had no issues with any of them or their owners and wrote great reviews for them.

Hopefully she (or "Kathryn") learned their lesson and I never hear from either of them again. Unfortunately, something tells me this is not over.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #102
snowy76
I do a panic dance
OMG I looooved my K Tel records!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatemint View Post
Libel suits are rarely successful because of the immense difficulty in proving them. She'd have to prove that you lied AND prove that it caused actual harm to her - she'd have to show a direct correlation. How can she prove that someone didn't rent from her because they read your bad review? Will she personally interrogate everyone who visits TripAdvisor?
My understanding is libel law is different in the UK... the burden of proof is on the defendant to show they weren't lying. So the owner may very well think she has a case - of course in the US, she does not.

Either way, she's not conducting herself very professionally.

CR 12/82 ... CR 12/84 ... Offsite 7/89 ... Swan 8/03 ... AKL 6/04 ... BWV 6/05 ... POP 10/08 ... DTD Hilton 10/09 ... Offsite 8/11 ... DLR 7/12 ... DLR 8/13
snowy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #103
mrsklamc

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy76 View Post
My understanding is libel law is different in the UK... the burden of proof is on the defendant to show they weren't lying. So the owner may very well think she has a case - of course in the US, she does not.
The irony being that if that's the case, since her posts are likely made from England, (though here it says she's in Canada, the same username posts from Cornwall, England on tripadvisor) it's possible that OP could sue her for libel. Not that I recommend that, it's just ironic.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #104
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
The irony being that if that's the case, since her posts are likely made from England, (though here it says she's in Canada, the same username posts from Cornwall, England on tripadvisor) it's possible that OP could sue her for libel. Not that I recommend that, it's just ironic.
Her TripAdvisor posts indicate she is from Cornwall, Canada. Its a small city in eastern Ontario, about an hour and a half from Ottawa.

Not to say that's where she's actually from........but there is a Cornwall in Canada.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! Visit my trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #105
mrsklamc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Her TripAdvisor posts indicate she is from Cornwall, Canada. Its a small city in eastern Ontario, about an hour and a half from Ottawa.

Not to say that's where she's actually from........but there is a Cornwall in Canada.
My mistake...I think of Cornwall as England.