Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #16
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

I'm surprised the cabins are cheaper than AoA. I guess the bigger discount for the moderate is making up the difference than a smaller one at a value.

What are you doing for food and tickets?

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #17
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

All Star Music Suite is a bit cheaper it's 1765 for your dates. That gives parents a bedroom with a queen bed and bathroom. Then in the living room there's a double pull out sofa, a twin pull out chair, and a jr size pull out ottoman and a second bathroom. With a pack n play everybody will have their own sleeping area so that would be nice.

The benefit of the cabin over a suite is you get a full kitchen. You lose a bathroom though so pick whichever is more important to your family. For the price difference in the ASMu suite and POR though I'd def go with ASMu. Up to you and your dh to decide of the extra difference for the cabin is beneficial for your family

have a great trip no matter where you stay

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #18
1mama2three
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post
I'm surprised the cabins are cheaper than AoA. I guess the bigger discount for the moderate is making up the difference than a smaller one at a value.

What are you doing for food and tickets?
The last two trips we've had the dining plan, and I think we're kind of "dined out." If we got free dining, I wouldn't complain, but it felt like on those previous trips we spent more time rushing around to make ADRs and eating. We're going to try something different this time. Our first trip to Disney with the family, we ate off-site a few times and ordered in some pizza and then suplemented with CS meals. That worked well and I think we spent less time eating doing it that way. So, we originally planned to eat off-site and do mostly CS (with maybe 1-2 character breakfasts). But, you bring up a good point about having a full kitchen.
Sept/Oct 2004...our honeymoon @ POP!, Disneyland off-site: July 2005, POP: Jan/Feb 2010, POP: Jan/Feb 2011, WBC/POP: May/June 2012WBC/CR GW: Jan. 2013, AKV/BLT: Jan. 2014, POR: July 2014, Old Key West: Nov/Dec 2014
1mama2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #19
MMS1125

We've done ddp and oop for food before and really it just depends on your eating style. I agree about the rushing to ADRs and stuff it can get annoying especially with little kids. My kids are older and we enjoy a sit down dinner each night so the plan works for us but I can definitely see how it doesn't work for some people.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #20
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

I'd say FW if you can swing the $$. I love going over there to HDDR. We have a car as well, but always take the bus to MK and then boat to FW. Having that access to MK and the monorail is really handy, if you ask me. We left POR on the bus to MK, took the boat to FW and were there in 30 minutes. Granted that was probably optimal, but still even our return boat to bus back was really efficient.

Now, at the values, if they offer FD, it is counter service, which may work better for your family since the sit downs were cumbersome time-wise for you. The suite at ASMu does look like it would be nice; but, if you don't get FD, then having the kitchen at the cabins would be so handy, so I still lean toward that way, I guess. I'd like to stay there and we only have DD and thought POR got crowded! LOL

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #21
1mama2three
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
I'd say FW if you can swing the $$. I love going over there to HDDR. We have a car as well, but always take the bus to MK and then boat to FW. Having that access to MK and the monorail is really handy, if you ask me. We left POR on the bus to MK, took the boat to FW and were there in 30 minutes. Granted that was probably optimal, but still even our return boat to bus back was really efficient.

Now, at the values, if they offer FD, it is counter service, which may work better for your family since the sit downs were cumbersome time-wise for you. The suite at ASMu does look like it would be nice; but, if you don't get FD, then having the kitchen at the cabins would be so handy, so I still lean toward that way, I guess. I'd like to stay there and we only have DD and thought POR got crowded! LOL
We've gotten a lot of great suggestions on here thus far, and all things considered we're really leaning towards FW Cabins. I like the idea of having my own kitchen...even if we only use it for lunchmeat and frozen pizzas! I was all set to change and spent 1.5 hours on hold today not realizing the AP fiasco. Never got through, and I finally hung up. So, as of now we're still at POR until I can find a better time to call.

If by some chance I did get FD, then I'd do a value for the CS. I think all in all, I'm hoping a better AP discount comes out for the moderates (better than the PIN I currently have & GP offers), but I don't think I've ever seen a better discount than 30% on moderates for AP. Wishful thinking, I suppose...
Sept/Oct 2004...our honeymoon @ POP!, Disneyland off-site: July 2005, POP: Jan/Feb 2010, POP: Jan/Feb 2011, WBC/POP: May/June 2012WBC/CR GW: Jan. 2013, AKV/BLT: Jan. 2014, POR: July 2014, Old Key West: Nov/Dec 2014
1mama2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #22
FloraFauna
DIS Veteran
I was really good at doing BIG hair

If its about the same price as a family suite, I'd pick the FW cabin. The experience your kids will have there will be unforgettable.
FloraFauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #23
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mama2three View Post
I was all set to change and spent 1.5 hours on hold today not realizing the AP fiasco. Never got through, and I finally hung up. So, as of now we're still at POR until I can find a better time to call.
Try at 7am... or late, late at night. It's crazy right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mama2three View Post
If by some chance I did get FD, then I'd do a value for the CS. I think all in all, I'm hoping a better AP discount comes out for the moderates (better than the PIN I currently have & GP offers), but I don't think I've ever seen a better discount than 30% on moderates for AP. Wishful thinking, I suppose...
30% on mods, uh, yep, that's pretty nice. Wouldn't look for anything to come out higher, I think you're right.

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:33 AM   #24
articfox676
Mouseketeer

Can't beat the feel of the campgroud. Friendly people, eat on your deck, the pool with the slide, etc. is awsome. The two store are fun and the boat to MK is fun also. Would love to have you join us at the campground.
articfox676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:30 AM   #25
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

With kids, IMO you can't beat Fort Wilderness. I grew up going there as my parents have always had campers and I love it. There is so much to do there, the pool is great, there are the horses, playgrounds, biking, fishing, campfire and movie, I could go in and on. It also has a boat direct to Contemporary so that is very convenient as well! We have gone on trips there and never even gone to the parks! We are staying in a cabin one night in December before we start free dining at POR and I honestly wish we could afford to stay at FW the whole week!
Hillary12.8.07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: