Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #136
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

I had a good run yesterday morning. I had planned on running Saturday morning but had to be at work at 6:45am and running 9 miles before that wasn't in the cards! lol.

The run started off tough as I struggled to keep my pace under 9mm for the first 4 miles. I was able to do it and not one minute went over 9, but I was averaging a 8:57 pace through 4 miles so I was consistently close to that magical 9 mm pace. Once I hit 5 miles I was able to kick up the pace a little and ended up finishing the 9 miles at a 8:50mm avg. pace.

My weigh in day was today and I've had 3 consecutive bad weeks. This morning I weighed in at 208.2 which is down more than 6lbs. from last week's weigh in. I'm closest to my lowest weight since college and I am pushing hard to get under 200lbs. for the 1st time since then.
dragitoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #137
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Had another good run this morning. Knocked out 5 miles at a 8:45mm pace. Even though it wasn't my weigh in day, I hopped on the scales just to see how things looked. I was glad to see that I was officially the lowest weight I've been since I was in college. I had gotten down to 206 before when I originally lost my weight after starting to run a few years ago. This morning I was 205.8! Yeah, I know it's essentially 206, but I will take that 0.2! lol.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #138
Terapin
DIS Veteran

That is awesome B! Send some of that weight loss mojo my way! I am losing and gaining the same 10 pounds since fall...

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:00 AM   #139
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Time has been sparce to update my journal; however I've had a good week of running since my last update. I logged a fast 10k run this past weekend (not a race) and then a 5, 4, and 3 mile run this week. I'm doing a 10 miler this weekend. The heat has kicked up a little here which has caused more sweat than usual, but I've been trying to get most of my runs in before the sun gets out to keep the effects down as much as possible. Weight loss is still solid.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:35 AM   #140
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

A rare update from me. The heat has definitely taken a toll on my running times. I'm still logging good mileage each week, but I've slowed myself down just a tad. Part of that was to start re-training myself for my next full but most of it is due to the heat. Even at 5am when I usually run, it's been over 70 and 100% humidity. If the sun is out, temps are already over 80 within an hour. There's no way I run in the afternoons where it's 90-95 already during the afternoon.

My goal for my next full is to break 4 hours. I've been training lately at a sub 9mm pace. I've been averaging around 8:50 or so on almost every long run. If I can maintain that type of pace for 15 mile runs this summer, I feel like I should be able to complete my marathon at that pace when the temps are much more favorable.

I did 11 last weekend in hot temps and felt great. I'm only doing 8 tomorrow as this is my 3rd week, which is a lower mileage week. Next weekend I'll do 12. That will be my longest run since I was doing all those half marathons this winter/spring. It's amazing how effortlessly I was running half marathons during that time of year at 8:30-8:40mm paces, yet I'm struggling to knock out 10 miles at sub 9 now. This heat makes a difference, but I refuse to let it get the best of me.

DW is struggling right now because she has a bonespur in her foot. After almost a week of rest, she gave it a go yesterday and did 3 miles, but today is hurting again. She's disappointed, but knows rest is what is best.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #141
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

just keeping my thread bumped since I don't have time to update as much as I'd like. I'm still running 25-30 miles per week and I'm so very close to going under 200lbs. for the first time since my freshmen year of college. I can't wait to get on that scale to see something with a 1 at the beginning.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:15 PM   #142
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

The heat is oppressive here too. If I don't get up and go before work, there is just no way to do it in the afternoons or evenings. Great job on being close to under 200! You can do it!

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #143
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragitoff View Post
just keeping my thread bumped since I don't have time to update as much as I'd like. I'm still running 25-30 miles per week and I'm so very close to going under 200lbs. for the first time since my freshmen year of college. I can't wait to get on that scale to see something with a 1 at the beginning.
That is awesome!! Way to go!

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:52 AM   #144
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Quick update....Been pushing through the dog days, yeah, they're already here in Georgia. Mileage has been good. Pace has been off a little, but I know it's just the heat. I'm settling into my summer routine of running 4 on Tuesday, 5 on Wednesday, 4 on Thursday and then a long run on Saturday. I'm running 14, 15, and then dropping down to 8 on the 3rd weekend. That's the gameplan for the summer anyway. I may modify it as needed, but I felt like if I maintain that distance (similar to what I was running earlier this year), it will make my marathon training transition that much easier without me adding up a lot of mileage too early in my training. I'm still hovering near the 200 pound mark and I'm looking forward to breaking it.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #145
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Running has been going exceptionally well lately! I knocked out my longest run since December this morning. I logged 15 miles at just over a 9mm avg. pace. My official weigh in date is Monday, but I hopped on the scale post run just to see if I could finally see a weight that started with a "1" for the first time since my college years. I was ecstatic to see 197.3 on the scale!

The increased mileage I've been running and Weight Watchers has been doing the trick. I'm officially the lightest I've been in over 15 years and steady dropping the weight! Thank you Lord!
Old 08-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #146
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Big breathrough for me this Monday. Since Mondays are my official "weigh day", I don't count any other weigh-ins and Mondays was the first sub 200lb. weigh-in I've had since I was a freshman in college! I weighed in at 198.6 Monday morning.

I'm so excited and I've dropped a total of 4 pants sizes since I started running (6 in some brands)! I'm also right on target to exceed my goal of logging 1000 miles in 2013.

It's such a blessing to see where I was and where I am now. I'm focused on where I want to be. I'd really like to drop another 15-20 pounds. My wife says there is no way she wants me that skinny. Lol. My next goal is 189. We'll see how I feel once I get there. Either way, I'm feeling better about myself than I've ever felt (even when I was younger and a little lighter).
Old 08-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #147
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

That is seriously awesome! Congrats on breaking 200!!!!

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #148
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

So I've been on the road traveling this week for work. I hit the road Monday morning before leaving with DW and logged 4 miles. Tuesday I was confined to a treadmill but forced myself to complete my scheduled 5 miler. Wednesday was another treadmill run of 4 miles. I normally run Tues, Wed, Thur, but with my traveling this week, I decided to change it up to Mon, Tues, Wed. I don't know if it was the extra rest or what, but I went out this morning for a short run. I honestly didn't have any pre-destined distance or pace or anything. I just told my wife I was going to go out and run something at some pace, but no more than 10 miles because I needed to work some.

I made a point to not look at my watch and obsess over pace and all. Fortunately it was still a little dark when I first started so I left the backlight off and just ran. It was about a mile in before I glanced at my watch, more for making sure it was recording my distance properly as the place I was running has heavy tree coverage and occasionally has a little trouble losing the satellite. I was running a strong pace and I felt really good so I just kept running.

I guess it was about 3 miles in before I thought, you know, I feel really strong and could negative split this run and PR a 10K this morning. I've had some very difficult runs lately and needed something good other than just logging miles. The summer heat has sapped my speed and even my endurance, but it was raining lightly and a big storm is coming in so I knew the cool morning was a rarity and I decided to take advantage of it.

I ran the first half of my 10K in 26 minutes. My previous 10K PR was in the low 53 minute range (I think anyway). I kept pushing hard, but running comfortably. I was getting faster despite the fact that I had already ran the first 4 miles at a nice pace, and definitely faster than I have been running this summer. My pace was closer to my winter/spring paces from earlier this year.

I ran the 5th mile in 8:02 and the 6th in 7:58. I ended up PR'ing by running my 10k in under 52 minutes! It was certainly a boost of encouragement I've been needing. My weight loss is going great and I feel like 200lbs. is a distant memory (even though I'm still within 3-5lbs. of it most of the time), but my running has been tough this summer after a winter and spring of PR's in every single race.

Just remember that no matter if you're having a tough time of things, you have to find those little things that push through to the next run or the next weight loss goal. Sometimes they don't seem in reach, but they're often just around the next corner. We'll never see them if we don't round that corner though. For the year, I'm about to eclipse 600 miles and I'm on pace to run between 1000 and 1100 miles this year. I took some time off (at least decreased my mileage) after my heavy race schedule so I've been logging about 100 miles per month over the past 2 or 3 months and will continue doing so until the end of the year to push me past my goal.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:22 AM   #149
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Weigh in day today and I continue to distance myself further from 200 pounds! I'm now down to 196.8 and I am feeling better than I can ever remember feeling about myself. My WW app actually told me to be careful because I had lost almost 4 pounds in the past 2 weeks and that can be dangerous over a 4 week timeframe. This is a problem I've never had.

I am home this week so I plan to get my scheduled 4 runs in including a nice 12 miler or so on Saturday. I thank God for the progress made with both my weight loss and running. It's been a challenging summer with the heat, but I know it'll pay off huge in the fall and winter months. I can't wait for race season now!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:41 AM   #150
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

DW and I had a great run this morning. She ran the fastest 4 miler I've ever run with her. I don't know if it was the snake she nearly stepped on at 1.25 miles or the beast crashing through the woods at the 3 mile marker, but she ran about 15 seconds per mile faster than she usually runs it. It was a nice run and definitely good to spend some quality time together. With my traveling last week all week and then working all weekend, we've been missing each other a lot.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: