Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #16
dclcruise2012
Earning My Ears

We were on the Dream at stateroom 9172 on deck 9 in September.
On deck 9 you have 1 balcony above you but above there is the outside seating of Cabana's.
If you walk towards the end of your large balcony you can watch above and downstairs that means you could only be seen when you are looking over the rail from your balcony and not when hanging in your chairs.

The balcony was lovely and spacious, it's about nearly 3 meter's width and almost 5 meter's in length.
The HA room next too us has a mega, mega balcony.

Have a great cruise.
dclcruise2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #17
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclcruise2012 View Post
We were on the Dream at stateroom 9172 on deck 9 in September.
On deck 9 you have 1 balcony above you but above there is the outside seating of Cabana's.
If you walk towards the end of your large balcony you can watch above and downstairs that means you could only be seen when you are looking over the rail from your balcony and not when hanging in your chairs.

The balcony was lovely and spacious, it's about nearly 3 meter's width and almost 5 meter's in length.
The HA room next too us has a mega, mega balcony.

Have a great cruise.
We were in the HCA stateroom (on the Fantasy but it's the same design). Those verandahs are awesome!! The size of the room really does make it easier for us to manipulate my DH's ECV and address all his other needs. The verandahs are wonderful!! He can actually stretch out and ice his legs down after a long day and just sit down on the verandah and relax.
We didn't find it to be an issue with the restaurant upstairs. If you are leaning against the railing then people can see you but if you are just sitting under the overhang, you will be fine.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #18
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingfandj View Post
We had 5190 on the Fantasy this summer and loved it. Tried to book it again for next year and it was taken already. We moved to the 7th floor to get aft balconies and looking forward to them! I liked looking down from 5 and seeing the back of the ship and water. Not sure how I'll feel if I stand there to look and look down to see other people sticking their heads out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLShel View Post
I have stayed in 5190 on both the Dream and the Fantasy. Love this location! The verandah is nice- with extra room. It has awesome views of Castaway Cay! I don't recall anyone above us being able to see down on our verandah.

I would definitely recommend this room!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbelleMom View Post
We have 5190 & 5192 this weekend! I can take pics if you like. This is our first ever aft balcony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniellenbella View Post
We'll be in 5192 on the Fantasy in (less than) 3 weeks!
I just booked 5190 & 5192. I would LOVE pics of the verandas if anyone has them. We were on 7th starboard last trip, so looking forward to trying the aft. How was the noise from the Tube on the Fantasy?
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC, 11/15 YC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:22 AM   #19
2disneycruzrs
DIS Veteran

We had the three rooms HA OV 6186 connecting to 6188 and 6190 (not connecting to those). Never worried about privacy, and loved having extra balcony space. We booked our two cruises in these before DCL changed the classification. I have photos if anyone needs of these rooms. It's also quiet not having many people around, and easy access to all the decks.

Wonder 10/14 * Reimagined Magic 12/13 * Swan/Dream/Animation: 12/12 * Beach Club: 1/12 - work * AKL/Dream: 9/11 - my daughter's and nieces' first cruise! * Beach Club/Wonder: 11/08 - work * Beach Club/Wonder: 8/08 - work (I get paid to go?!) * Dolphin/Wonder: 12/05 * RCCL - Jewel inaugural season (Western) 4/05-work * RCCL - Serenade inaugural season (Alaska) 8/04 - work * Swan/Magic: 11/03 Eastern * Dolphin/Wonder 10/02 - our honeymoon * WDW '83
2disneycruzrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #20
Vivig
Addicted to DISboards
...are we leaving ? when? how many more days?
Every post is like opening a new present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2disneycruzrs
We had the three rooms HA OV 6186 connecting to 6188 and 6190 (not connecting to those). Never worried about privacy, and loved having extra balcony space. We booked our two cruises in these before DCL changed the classification. I have photos if anyone needs of these rooms. It's also quiet not having many people around, and easy access to all the decks.
I would LOVE to see pictures of room 6188 & any info you can kindly share about this room. Any negatives to be aware of? Thanks in advance!

March 2014 - Eastern Disney Fantasy
March 2013 - Eastern Disney Fantasy
August 2011 - Walt Disney World - CSR
March 2007 - WDW 2 days- POR...attending party!!
March 2005 - Western Disney Magic
March 2004 - Land & Sea-POR & Disney Wonder
May 2003 - Western Disney Magic
May 2001 - Walt Disney World

Vivig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #21
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivig View Post
I would LOVE to see pictures of room 6188 & any info you can kindly share about this room. Any negatives to be aware of? Thanks in advance!
We had 6188 on our first Dream cruise (6/20/12) and loved it. We picked this cabin - 14 months out and were so excited! We are definitely aft verandah fans and were very pleased with it.

This wasn't really a negative - but I thought I'd share this story. On the way back into Port Canaveral there was a big storm at sea (TS Debbie was in the area) and the dividing partitions on the verhandah with 6186 was flapping (it had broken loose) and would not stop and it was SO LOUD! This was at 10:00pm right after we set our suitcases out and were getting ready for bed. Our cabin steward was still in the area so my DH mentioned this to him since there was no way we'd be able to sleep with that - or anyone near us since it was banging around. Our cabin steward immediately came in, checked it out and said he'd be back. He brought one of his steward friends and they had rope and went out there and tied it together and got soaked in the process but they wanted to ensure we slept well our last night. He knew the maintenance folks would be able to fix it while in port. I've only read of this happening on one other post and it wasn't an aft verandah so I don't think this is common and the wind that night was pretty fierce. We were very appreciative that he took care of it for us and it didn't require phone calls, waiting, etc.

There have been several posts about the motion back in the aft cabins and I'll say we felt it but it definitely was nothing that kept us awake or impacted us at all. I'm a very light sleeper and had no issues whatsoever. My DH preferred the little motion and my DS never complained. I'll be honest - on our Dream cruise 8/15/12 we had a forward oceanview cabin (9010) and felt just as much motion up there - again didn't bother us.

I need to get around to posting pictures....

Enjoy it - we sure did

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Platinum): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy, 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I), & 12/2014 Wonder Next: 6/2015 (Magic-Europe), & 3/2016 Magic/WDW.
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #22
incoo
Earning My Ears

Smile looking forward to aft cabin

We were lucky to get 10158 for the upcoming Dec.9th on the Dream,first time on Disney.Always wanted an aft balcony on our cruises,so this will be a first too.The balcony looks huge nice place to hang when it gets busy.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #23
Vivig
Addicted to DISboards

Thank you IBelieveintheMagic! I have searched numerous times for photos of this cabin and have been unsuccessful to date. Your information was helpful and appreciated.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #24
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivig View Post
Thank you IBelieveintheMagic! I have searched numerous times for photos of this cabin and have been unsuccessful to date. Your information was helpful and appreciated.
Here are a few I uploaded - I'm pretty sure these will be small when uploaded but I hope you get an idea

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Platinum): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy, 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I), & 12/2014 Wonder Next: 6/2015 (Magic-Europe), & 3/2016 Magic/WDW.
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #25
Vivig
Addicted to DISboards

IBelieveInTheMagic I truly appreciate the time and effort you took to upload these pictures. I have a good idea what the balcony as well as the room looks like.

thank you once again
Vivian

Old 10-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #26
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

We had 10662 last June. If you stay under the overhang from Scuttles then nobody can see you unless your neighbor peers around the corner. Plenty of room to sit in the lounger and nobody can see you.

That said, if you walk out to the rail and turn around then you can look at all the people eating outside at scuttles. You can also see all the other aft people standing at their cabin rail.

I didn't feel there were any privacy problems at all.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #27
TinkerbelleMom
Mom to 3 Princesses

I'm back from our cruise, and though I haven't had a chance to look at pics yet, I thought I'd share my thoughts while they were fresh.

We had 5192 & 5190, and really enjoyed these cabins enough we tried to book them again for the same weekend next year. We ended up in 6190 & 6192 as they weren't available. The divider wasn't open when we arrived, but my friend leaned on it and it popped open. That surprised us! We checked to make sure it wouldn't happenon either side of us, but those doors were secure...one side was a cabin, the other crew access to the flag pole. The other cabin side was a solid wall, with a tiny access panel that looked like it could be opened. But it was small enough a big person really couldn't crawl through comfortably. With the divider open, it felt like one large balcony, and the chairs would fit through the door so we could visit easily. We chose to use this as our room to room access as it offered more privacy than the inside door.

Noise was minimal...no traffic noise at all. These rooms can only be reached by the portside hallway so the only people were our immediate neighbors or someone visiting the laundry, we could see the washers running but never heard them unless we were in the hallway. Evolution lounge is directly below, but the noise from that was much louder in the hallway than the room. I heard more sound from the engine and rushing water than the club. My friends did say they could hear the music more in the bathroom, but the bedrooms were ok. I'm sure the music is an issue for the cabins a bit more forward because I've seen it mentioned in deck 5 cabin reports. All in all it was a great location for us.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:14 AM   #28
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

I recently came back from a stay in Cat 5E 7190 H/A on Fantasy. We do not require a HA room--it was assigned to us. Here are some photos (Sept 29-Oct 6,2012)

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:40 AM   #29
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412 View Post
It's basically the outer 4 feet or so of standable room on balcony that where folks above can see you. Still plenty of private space out there. Also due to the sloped dividers that outer area is visible to the adjoining cabins too, depend on the ship curve/specific cabin location.

Have you seen these plans? I believe all the HC cabins are marked.
http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Ma...sney%20Fantasy

HTH
I just got off the Fantasy and was in 7190---it is not marked as HA on the above web page....but it is HA. Was a very large room with no split bath/no tub/roll-in shower.
Also, that site is not as reliable in describing cabin size. If you click on (actually hover over) # 7190 the site describes our cabin as "average sized". It was FAR from averaged size.

Last edited by MiaSRN62; 10-23-2012 at 06:04 AM.
MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #30
Daniellenbella
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbelleMom View Post
I'm back from our cruise, and though I haven't had a chance to look at pics yet, I thought I'd share my thoughts while they were fresh.

We had 5192 & 5190, and really enjoyed these cabins enough we tried to book them again for the same weekend next year. We ended up in 6190 & 6192 as they weren't available. The divider wasn't open when we arrived, but my friend leaned on it and it popped open. That surprised us! We checked to make sure it wouldn't happenon either side of us, but those doors were secure...one side was a cabin, the other crew access to the flag pole. The other cabin side was a solid wall, with a tiny access panel that looked like it could be opened. But it was small enough a big person really couldn't crawl through comfortably. With the divider open, it felt like one large balcony, and the chairs would fit through the door so we could visit easily. We chose to use this as our room to room access as it offered more privacy than the inside door.

Noise was minimal...no traffic noise at all. These rooms can only be reached by the portside hallway so the only people were our immediate neighbors or someone visiting the laundry, we could see the washers running but never heard them unless we were in the hallway. Evolution lounge is directly below, but the noise from that was much louder in the hallway than the room. I heard more sound from the engine and rushing water than the club. My friends did say they could hear the music more in the bathroom, but the bedrooms were ok. I'm sure the music is an issue for the cabins a bit more forward because I've seen it mentioned in deck 5 cabin reports. All in all it was a great location for us.
Thank you for your review!! I'm so worried about the noise. I'm a light sleeper, but I'll be bringing ear plugs.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: