Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #76
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Your plans look awesome!!

I tried to get SW flights Moday when they came out and they are all over $300 some over $400 one way!!!!! So needless to say even with me working now, we won't be paying those ridiculous prices. We are onto plan B- first week of July. I'm kinda bummed but at least we'll still be able to go.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #77
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornton0511 View Post
Thank you!
Hi! We are almost neighbors,..well in Texas terms I guess we are!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #78
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Your plans look awesome!!

I tried to get SW flights Moday when they came out and they are all over $300 some over $400 one way!!!!! So needless to say even with me working now, we won't be paying those ridiculous prices. We are onto plan B- first week of July. I'm kinda bummed but at least we'll still be able to go.
Thanks!

Sorry your flights are so high. It stinks so bad anymore. I hope they come down for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Hi! We are almost neighbors,..well in Texas terms I guess we are!
I was thinking the same thing!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #79
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Let's talk Disney parks and tickets..............

If I had to rate the parks most favorite to least favorite it would probably go something like this:

Me: DHS/Epcot/MK would all tie for first!! Love them all so much. With AK far behind.
DH: Epcot, no question would be first. Then probably MK and DHS would tie for second. And AK way far behind.
DS13: DHS first for sure! Probably MK and Epcot tied for second. And AK last.
DS11: Epcot first for sure! Then MK. Then DHS. And AK last.

So, as you can see we all have one thing in common – AK last! Not sure what it is, or isn't... We just don't feel the love there like we do all the other parks. In-fact, DH & DS11 didn't even go to AK with DS13 & I on our Aug 2011 trip. And we gave up our AK day entirely on the May 2012 trip and went to LegoLand instead! But I do have to say that I am really looking forward to getting back to AK this time.

DS13 and I are thrill seekers!! Although I am afraid I am not going to be able to keep up with him much longer. Anymore one time is enough on my favorite rides – RNRC, TOT, Space Mtn, EE, etc. DS13 on the other hand can keep going and going and going!! Wish I could still do that! But I will keep riding them as long as my body will let me! So rock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DS11 and DH are not in love with thrill rides so much. TT, Soarin, POTC, and BTMRR are about as much excitement as those 2 can handle!

We usually get about 8 day base tickets for our trips. This time when planning this redo trip we decided we were only going to get 4 day base tix and do each park one day and the rest would be resort time, touring for decorations, DTD, etc. But when I went to purchase my tickets from Undercover Tourist the 5 day was the same price as the 4 day. So now we have 5 day tix!! Not sure what we will do with that 5th day ticket... My guess is that it will go to either MK or Epcot. Could go either way. We will be just across the lake from MK, so it will be tempting to get there more than once. But if TT is open (and it better be!!) we might lean towards 2 trips to Epcot! Ugh. Now I want 6 day tix.

Up Next: Park Hours and Crowd Calendar

Old 10-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #80
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

well,...it really won't cost THAT much more to add one more day!!

Old 10-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #81
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
well,...it really won't cost THAT much more to add one more day!!

My thoughts exactly.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #82
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

You can always just add the extra day while you are already in the parks, if you need it.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:40 PM   #83
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great plan!! I know it's so tempting to just get park tix for every day. But your plan of going to the resorts to see all the decorations is a good one you may not have time to see them all if you're in the parks.
You might want to go back to see the Osborne lights a couple of times too. I swear I could have watched them every night!! Lol
That is main reason I can't wait for the boys to go to Disney for Christmas. DS15 saw the orchestra in concert- the one that supplies most of the music for it. I can't think of the stupid name right now. He would love it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 10-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #84
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
You can always just add the extra day while you are already in the parks, if you need it.
I think that is what I will do. Wait until we are there to decide. Something tells me though that we will be adding that 6th day!

Quote:
Sounds like a great plan!! I know it's so tempting to just get park tix for every day. But your plan of going to the resorts to see all the decorations is a good one you may not have time to see them all if you're in the parks.
You might want to go back to see the Osborne lights a couple of times too. I swear I could have watched them every night!! Lol
That is main reason I can't wait for the boys to go to Disney for Christmas. DS15 saw the orchestra in concert- the one that supplies most of the music for it. I can't think of the stupid name right now. He would love it!!!

I know, it is tempting! But with us it's not like we stay at the parks all day. It's more like a half day tops! So I guess that's why we need more days tix. IDK. We'll figure it out when we get there I guess!

You are right -- the OL's are so awesome!! My fav part of WDW at Christmastime. Is it Trans Siberian Orchestra your DS saw?!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #85
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Maybe this time AK will become your favorite park........or not. But I'm glad y'all are going back this trip! At least it won't be hot, which is a big complaint I always hear about AK. And thinking back to our last trip, that was the park where I remember being miserably hot.

I love the pic of DS11 on Soarin'. So cute! That's a Disney commercial-worthy picture! Do you think DS11 will ever like the thrill rides? With some kids, as they get older they like them. But with some, it's more a stomach thing than a fear thing so they just can't ride them. It's definitely a stomach thing with my DH.

When I first read that you got 4 day base tix, I was very concerned. I was thinking that wasn't enough park days!! So I am glad you upped it to 5 and can still add when you get there if you decide to. But then I know how much y'all do away from the parks, so your first instincts were most probably right.

For some strange reason, I must have food on my brain. Can't imagine why. But at the end of your update, where you had

I thought at first it said Clam Chowder
T*Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #86
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Ha!! Teri that's hilarious!!!!! I will tell y'all a secret... we don't jive with the AK either....I know, I know,...and we have tried, believe me we have tried!! This trip DD is the ONLY one even asking if we can 'just go over there'... I told her for this trip it all hinges on what night we do MVMCP, if we decide to do it,...Right now, it's on the schedule to go over the morning after a party that we are really leaning toward. I may just go and do the safari just to get it over with...the rest of us REAAAAAALLY don't like it over there..and then you add in all the travel time and bus stops and yikes! It just adds to the dread of going...Those of you who love AK please don't hate us!!! It's just a vibe/feel I can't get into...

Old 10-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #87
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

You hungry, T??? Clam Chowder???

Shelly---- you need to do Epcot 2 days. You know that one day will not be enough at all. Esp if TT is open!!

Ya know I usually don't enjoy AK at all. But this last time with the kids we took our time and just really enjoyed it a lot! It was raining and sort of miserable in that sense but it actually added to the atmosphere if that makes any sense.

I think you will enjoy it-- esp if it isn't crowded. That park always seems crowded. Must be all the small pathways.

I heard that the FOTLK is going away- so if you like that show you'd better see it again. It's on our list of to do's b/c we've only done it once.

Great update--- oh and I love that Soarin Pic too.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #88
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
Maybe this time AK will become your favorite park........or not. But I'm glad y'all are going back this trip! At least it won't be hot, which is a big complaint I always hear about AK. And thinking back to our last trip, that was the park where I remember being miserably hot.

I love the pic of DS11 on Soarin'. So cute! That's a Disney commercial-worthy picture! Do you think DS11 will ever like the thrill rides? With some kids, as they get older they like them. But with some, it's more a stomach thing than a fear thing so they just can't ride them. It's definitely a stomach thing with my DH.

When I first read that you got 4 day base tix, I was very concerned. I was thinking that wasn't enough park days!! So I am glad you upped it to 5 and can still add when you get there if you decide to. But then I know how much y'all do away from the parks, so your first instincts were most probably right.

For some strange reason, I must have food on my brain. Can't imagine why. But at the end of your update, where you had

I thought at first it said Clam Chowder
Clam Chowder!!! Nope, can't imagine why you have food on your mind.....

Last time just DS13 and I went to AK we really did have a nice time. We even stayed longer than expected. I just don't love the place like I do the rest of the parks. It just feels like something is missing.

I really don't think DS11 will ever love thrill rides. He says he doesn't like the way they make him feel. We'll see I guess. I just encourage him to try something new from time to time to make sure he isn't missing out on something that he might love. Like Maelstrom!

I have a feeling we will end up upgrading to 6 day tix when we get there. We are going to want to make a second trip to Epcot and MK I think!

Quote:
Ha!! Teri that's hilarious!!!!! I will tell y'all a secret... we don't jive with the AK either....I know, I know,...and we have tried, believe me we have tried!! This trip DD is the ONLY one even asking if we can 'just go over there'... I told her for this trip it all hinges on what night we do MVMCP, if we decide to do it,...Right now, it's on the schedule to go over the morning after a party that we are really leaning toward. I may just go and do the safari just to get it over with...the rest of us REAAAAAALLY don't like it over there..and then you add in all the travel time and bus stops and yikes! It just adds to the dread of going...Those of you who love AK please don't hate us!!! It's just a vibe/feel I can't get into...
I know -- I hope we are not offending any AK lovers out there!! That's right, we just don't 'jive' with the place for some reason.

Well I hope you get over there for a little bit for your DD. It is a long ride from most resorts though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
You hungry, T??? Clam Chowder???

Shelly---- you need to do Epcot 2 days. You know that one day will not be enough at all. Esp if TT is open!!

Ya know I usually don't enjoy AK at all. But this last time with the kids we took our time and just really enjoyed it a lot! It was raining and sort of miserable in that sense but it actually added to the atmosphere if that makes any sense.

I think you will enjoy it-- esp if it isn't crowded. That park always seems crowded. Must be all the small pathways.

I heard that the FOTLK is going away- so if you like that show you'd better see it again. It's on our list of to do's b/c we've only done it once.

Great update--- oh and I love that Soarin Pic too.

I know!! You are right -- if TT is open (and again, it better be!!) we definitely need to go to Epcot twice!

Hopefully AK won't be too crowded when we go. I've never really encountered too much in way of crowds there. Of course we usually only go for a few hours in the morning. This time we are going in the afternoon so we can see the Jingle Jungle Christmas parade.

I did hear that about FOTLK. Kind of forgot though. We've only seen it once too. I'll have to ask the fam if they want to see it again. They probably won't!

Glad you enjoyed the update!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #89
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys

I think that is what I will do. Wait until we are there to decide. Something tells me though that we will be adding that 6th day!

I know, it is tempting! But with us it's not like we stay at the parks all day. It's more like a half day tops! So I guess that's why we need more days tix. IDK. We'll figure it out when we get there I guess!

You are right -- the OL's are so awesome!! My fav part of WDW at Christmastime. Is it Trans Siberian Orchestra your DS saw?!
Yes!! Trams Siberian Orchestra. DH took the boys a couple years ago and DS15 LOVED it!!

Old 10-26-2012, 06:32 AM   #90
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes!! Trams Siberian Orchestra. DH took the boys a couple years ago and DS15 LOVED it!!

They are pretty awesome!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: