Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #151
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Hooray for Mickey Mail! I just love getting that in the mail. It makes the trip seem that much closer!

I loved seeing pictures of your past dining experiences! I cannot believe how big your boys have gotten! You have dined at some great places!

So, guess what...I changed resorts. Just now. For next week. I checked today just for "fun." Well, there was an opening in Sugarloaf at the GF. So I called and took it! I am a bit worried about the construction, but I'm so excited! The girls are beside themselves with excitement. They love the GF at Christmastime with all of the decorations. And we will be at the Poly for New Year's. We just brought up the luggage today from the basement...the next eight days are crazy busy for us, so the time will hopefully fly by!

March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- AOA
lala3291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #152
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Wow, Shelly, that is quite a list of TS restaurants! (no jokes from me, but it was hard ) The only ones we have been to are LeCellier, Crystal Palace, Tusker House, and San Angel Inn. How sad is that? I don't think I have ever seen pics of your boys that young! That one from 2005 is precious!

Yay for getting your ME tags! Does it always throw them off when you do a resort change? Seems I remember that happening to you before, but I'm not sure. Are your suitcases out yet?

I can't believe your and Jodi's trips are so close! Five weeks is like 2 weeks around this time of year. So much to do and the time flies.
T*Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #153
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
Hooray for Mickey Mail! I just love getting that in the mail. It makes the trip seem that much closer!

I loved seeing pictures of your past dining experiences! I cannot believe how big your boys have gotten! You have dined at some great places!

So, guess what...I changed resorts. Just now. For next week. I checked today just for "fun." Well, there was an opening in Sugarloaf at the GF. So I called and took it! I am a bit worried about the construction, but I'm so excited! The girls are beside themselves with excitement. They love the GF at Christmastime with all of the decorations. And we will be at the Poly for New Year's. We just brought up the luggage today from the basement...the next eight days are crazy busy for us, so the time will hopefully fly by!
It is amazing to see how many WDW restaurants you rack up over the years!!

I can't believe you changed resorts!!! AGAIN!! You are so funny! You'll have to let us know how the GF is with all the construction. Jodi and I are a bit concerned. I was hopeful that the courtyard pool would be done a bit early and ready for our trip, but I read today that they are actually behind schedule. You'll have to check into that for us if you don't mind!!

You better get packed!! I was thinking of bringing my luggage up from downstairs over the weekend, but decided to try to wait another week or so. It's killing me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
Wow, Shelly, that is quite a list of TS restaurants! (no jokes from me, but it was hard ) The only ones we have been to are LeCellier, Crystal Palace, Tusker House, and San Angel Inn. How sad is that? I don't think I have ever seen pics of your boys that young! That one from 2005 is precious!

Yay for getting your ME tags! Does it always throw them off when you do a resort change? Seems I remember that happening to you before, but I'm not sure. Are your suitcases out yet?

I can't believe your and Jodi's trips are so close! Five weeks is like 2 weeks around this time of year. So much to do and the time flies.
Well yes, your WDW dining is lacking a bit, compared to some.

I know!! Look how little the boys were! That was actually DS11's 4th birthday in the 2005 pic. Take a look at this one!

Look at those cheeks!! I sure miss those days.

I don't remember, but you are probably right. It seems to take very little to throw Magical Express off! Good grief. I guess having 2 books is better than the alternative - not getting any!

I'm guessing the suitcases will make their way upstairs next weekend!! I'm just afraid of how many I am going to need..... I think time is going to fly by too! With Thanksgiving and conferences at school and Christmas shopping and everything else!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #154
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Look at his little face!!!!!!!!!! So precious-- he's got "Stinker" written all over him!!!
They grow up too fast and get big n stinky n smelly.
sigh.

I did get a package-- it was the code I used--- so I got the luggage tags with Mickey Mouse on them. Thinking I will use them somehow for the surprise....
ANd no, like I said before- you CAN'T pack yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T's dining is lacking a bit. Comparatively speaking of course.

Lauren!!! Yay for all the excitement over GF!! I think it will be good--- make sure you request Marina view so you don't look at the stupid walls. Congrats on the switch!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #155
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Look at his little face!!!!!!!!!! So precious-- he's got "Stinker" written all over him!!!
They grow up too fast and get big n stinky n smelly.
sigh.

I did get a package-- it was the code I used--- so I got the luggage tags with Mickey Mouse on them. Thinking I will use them somehow for the surprise....
ANd no, like I said before- you CAN'T pack yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T's dining is lacking a bit. Comparatively speaking of course.

Lauren!!! Yay for all the excitement over GF!! I think it will be good--- make sure you request Marina view so you don't look at the stupid walls. Congrats on the switch!

I know -- look at him!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe he's 11 already and will be a stinky teenager soon. He's my baby!!!

I guess I forgot you got a package. I did room only and got my park tix from UT. So no new luggage tags for me! That's okay though, I still have several unused from previous trips!!

I'm telling you -- the suitcases are coming upstairs this weekend!!! You better get on it girl!!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #156
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

So where are we eating this time???

Well, as of right now we have ADR's at:

Sci-Fi Dine In dinner
Kona Cafe breakfast (2X)
LeCellier lunch
T-Rex dinner
Tony's Town Square dinner
Ohana dinner

Not sure if we are keeping all of them or maybe changing a few things around....The last few days plans are up in the air still and I might need to do some rearranging....None of these ADR's are new to us. So that bothers me a bit. We always like to try at least a few new restaurants each trip, but there's really nothing different that we are wanting to try right now. I know everyone is going crazy trying to get ADR's at BOG, but the menu just doesn't interest us.

I'm probably most excited about LeCellier! Haven't been there in about 3 years. So hopefully it won't be a disappointment!!

Does anyone know if they still make this dessert??? It's called Campfire Smores and it's not on the menu anymore...

Of course we are looking forward to Kona – it's everybody's favorite!

Continued in next post....

Old 11-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #157
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Continued....

The kids and I love T-Rex, but DH thinks it's too loud.

DH and I are very much looking forward to Ohana. We've only had dinner there once and it was fabulous!

Continued in next post....

Old 11-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #158
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Continued....

I'm a little nervous about Sci-Fi since they took the steak salad off the menu. Not sure what I'll be getting to go along with my milkshake.... Any suggestions?

And Tony's was very good the one time we ate there, but that will kind of be a last minute decision if we feel like a sit down dinner that evening or just do CS...

So that's it for now!

As for CS meals...We will likely end up at the following ~ Gasparilla's (if it is open), Capt. Cook's, Casey's Corner, Pecos Bill, somewhere at Epcot - thinking about trying La Cantina de San Angel again.....the first time we tried it wasn't a great experience but it was pouring down rain and the environment wasn't the best, so considering giving it another try.... And the rest is up in the air! Maybe we'll try some new CS places and that's where we will get our new dining experiences this trip!

Up Next: Shopping, Clothes, and Packing

Old 11-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #159
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="red"]Well yes, your WDW dining is lacking a bit, compared to some.

I know!! Look how little the boys were! That was actually DS11's 4th birthday in the 2005 pic. Take a look at this one!

Look at those cheeks!! I sure miss those days.

That picture I do remember! I love those chubby little cheeks! And those eyes - precious!
T*Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #160
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

I don't remember you saying you were going to Sci Fi. IDK what to tell you to order!

An egg roll???

A hot dog??

I just don't know?

I really hope that LC is good this time. I know last time left a lot to be desired. The question is--- will you order the risotto this time???

I had wanted to somehow fit tony's in this trip again and couldn't. LTT is where we're eating the night we are in the MK. There's just so many places to go and not enough time to get to them.

Ohana---- I love it. Hopefully it will be just as good as last time. That bread pudding..... it is seriously the best stuff I've ever eaten and now I can't eat it. So you will have to eat enough for me and tell me how great it was.

And packing--- no!!!!!!!!!!! No packing early! I just get myself into trouble doing that!
I need to shop for winter clothes before I can do that anyway.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #161
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
That picture I do remember! I love those chubby little cheeks! And those eyes - precious!
Thanks!! I remember him being so excited to go see Tigger and Pooh for his birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
I don't remember you saying you were going to Sci Fi. IDK what to tell you to order!

An egg roll???

A hot dog??

I just don't know?

I really hope that LC is good this time. I know last time left a lot to be desired. The question is--- will you order the risotto this time???

I had wanted to somehow fit tony's in this trip again and couldn't. LTT is where we're eating the night we are in the MK. There's just so many places to go and not enough time to get to them.

Ohana---- I love it. Hopefully it will be just as good as last time. That bread pudding..... it is seriously the best stuff I've ever eaten and now I can't eat it. So you will have to eat enough for me and tell me how great it was.

And packing--- no!!!!!!!!!!! No packing early! I just get myself into trouble doing that!
I need to shop for winter clothes before I can do that anyway.

Yeah, I'm still unsure about Sci-Fi......But given the other choices at DHS that's what I came up with! Plus we all enjoy it in there and the milkshakes. But no, I don't think I will be getting any egg rolls or hot dogs..... I need to look over the menu again I guess.

I hope LC is good too!! I remember the last time we ate there the service was terrible and after 2 tries my well done steak was still mooing. Gross!! Maybe lunch time will be better. Although I'm not sure how I am going to eat a steak for lunch!! And no -- no risotto for me!! Maybe for DH, but not for me!

IDK if we will do Tony's again or not. We really liked it. But I'm thinking we may end up doing CS that night. We aren't big on giving up MK time to sit in a restaurant I guess. Although the service was super quick in there...

Ohana!! I am really looking forward to this one!

Oh the packing is happening soon! It would have happened already if it weren't for us needing to pack a lot of what we are wearing right now. I think I will get started this weekend on the shorts & swimsuits and things like that, that we aren't using here anymore! It is 77 and sunny in WDW today....
Old 11-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #162
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

If you like shrimp, Sci-Fi has this shrimp pasta dish that DH and I

Always get- its really good.
We 've never been to Ohana for dinner or Kona. All the other choices look great! I know what you mean about liking to try new restaurants. We try to do that too. We haven't been to LeCellier since 2009 but we loved it.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #163
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
If you like shrimp, Sci-Fi has this shrimp pasta dish that DH and I

Always get- its really good.
We 've never been to Ohana for dinner or Kona. All the other choices look great! I know what you mean about liking to try new restaurants. We try to do that too. We haven't been to LeCellier since 2009 but we loved it.

Unfortunately I don't like shrimp. DH has had some kind of shrimp pasta at Sci-Fi and really liked it!

You've never been to Kona or Ohana??? You better get those at the top of your list for next time!!

Yeah, I kind of wish we were trying something new. We just couldn't find anything we really wanted to try this time. Oh well, maybe next time!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #164
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys

Unfortunately I don't like shrimp. DH has had some kind of shrimp pasta at Sci-Fi and really liked it!

You've never been to Kona or Ohana??? You better get those at the top of your list for next time!!

Yeah, I kind of wish we were trying something new. We just couldn't find anything we really wanted to try this time. Oh well, maybe next time!
We've been to Ohana for b-fast 2x. It's good and my boys like Stitch.
I would really like to try Kona. We almost ate there last year when we stayed at the Poly, but some other restaurant beat it.
It really is hard to decide. Try something new or go with a favorite.
Oh well there's always next time. In July we will only be in the parks one day. I know... I don't know how I'm going to handle it. We will have only the BOG ADR, but I'm thinking since we'll have a car we'd like to do some of the resort restaurants. That's my plan anyway.
Have you heard anything about the Il Mulino restaurant in the Swan?? We went to one in Atlantic City. It was delicious!!!!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #165
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
We've been to Ohana for b-fast 2x. It's good and my boys like Stitch.
I would really like to try Kona. We almost ate there last year when we stayed at the Poly, but some other restaurant beat it.
It really is hard to decide. Try something new or go with a favorite.
Oh well there's always next time. In July we will only be in the parks one day. I know... I don't know how I'm going to handle it. We will have only the BOG ADR, but I'm thinking since we'll have a car we'd like to do some of the resort restaurants. That's my plan anyway.
Have you heard anything about the Il Mulino restaurant in the Swan?? We went to one in Atlantic City. It was delicious!!!!

We had breakfast at Ohana once too. It was a lot of fun! Kona just beats everybody for breakfast anymore for us!! I keep thinking I'd like to try Kona for dinner sometime, but the menu doesn't really interest me.

That's a good idea to try and do some of the resort restaurants since you will have a car! Nope, never been to or heard much about Mulino. But I just looked at the menu -- looks good! The only place we've been to there is the Garden Grove and it was good.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: