Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #136
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Lauren!!! I have been so worried about you. So glad you made it through the storm okay. Did you ever lose your power? Glad your DD got to go trick-or-treating. I forget, what did she dress up as?

I bet you will get to see the Fantasyland stuff during a 'soft opening'. People are reporting it being open already!!

I'll be curious to see what you find out about the Poly and GF when you are there!
We actually never lost power, which I can't believe! The wind and rain were crazy. We feel very fortunate...if the storm was about 200 miles to the north, it would have been much different. Where my town is right on the ocean, who knows what could have happened. My heart is breaking for those in NJ and NY.

Halloween was great! Halle dressed up as a cupcake...she was so cute! I just loved it. She had a great time trick-or-treating.

I am hoping we get to see the new Fantasyland stuff too. We are going to MVMCP, and I hear from the Fantasyland thread that it may be open then. I can't wait!
March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI
lala3291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #137
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys
Wow it's QUIET in here!!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! It's still pretty cold here, but the sun is finally shining, so it feels good.
It's been an ok weekend. I had to leave work on Thursday b/c I lost my voice. I had a cold but didn't feel that sick. I went to the walk in on my way home and called in sick for Friday. I still have laryngitis, on an antibiotic and some strong cough medicine.
DS11 had a hockey game in Cape Cod yesterday. I wasn't going to go but other than my voice- I felt fine. They lost 6-1
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #138
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post

You've been working so we're all just conserving our energy for when you get back on here posting.

Oh and shopping. Lots of that.

One more week and then my long-term sub job at the MS is done! It's been a good run but I'm kind of glad it's coming to an end. Now things can get somewhat back to normal. Well, as normal as being on call can be.

Yeah, I hear you may have done a little shopping lately........

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
We actually never lost power, which I can't believe! The wind and rain were crazy. We feel very fortunate...if the storm was about 200 miles to the north, it would have been much different. Where my town is right on the ocean, who knows what could have happened. My heart is breaking for those in NJ and NY.

Halloween was great! Halle dressed up as a cupcake...she was so cute! I just loved it. She had a great time trick-or-treating.

I am hoping we get to see the new Fantasyland stuff too. We are going to MVMCP, and I hear from the Fantasyland thread that it may be open then. I can't wait!

You were so fortunate that you didn't lose your power. I know, I feel so bad for those in NY & NJ that got hit so hard. It looks just awful on the news.

I'm glad you and your DD had a fun Halloween!

That will be fun if the Fantasyland stuff is open for MVMCP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
It's been an ok weekend. I had to leave work on Thursday b/c I lost my voice. I had a cold but didn't feel that sick. I went to the walk in on my way home and called in sick for Friday. I still have laryngitis, on an antibiotic and some strong cough medicine.
DS11 had a hockey game in Cape Cod yesterday. I wasn't going to go but other than my voice- I felt fine. They lost 6-1

I hope you feel better soon!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #139
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Exciting day here yesterday!! Our Magical Express Booklet and luggage tags came!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #140
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Who wants to talk WDW food???

Let's see, where to start..... How about at the beginning? Yep, we'll start at the beginning of our many many years of WDW dining and go right up to the present!

And keep in mind that this is only the TS restaurants!!

2005~
Rainforest Cafe dinner
Crystal Palace breakfast
Planet Hollywood dinner

Crystal Palace 2005 ~

2007~
Garden Grill lunch
Crystal Palace breakfast
Coral Reef dinner
Hollywood & Vine dinner
Donald's Restaurantosauras breakfast (no longer available)
Chef Mickey's dinner

Chef Mickey's 2007 ~

2008~
Mama Melrose dinner
LeCellier dinner
Ohana breakfast
Chef Mickey's dinner
Cape May breakfast
Crystal Palace dinner
Sci-Fi Dine-In lunch

Cape May Cafe 2008 ~

2009~(Jan)
Chef Mickey's dinner
1900 Park Fare dinner
Mama Melrose dinner
Tusker House breakfast
Plaza Restaurant dinner
Big River Grille dinner
LeCellier dinner

Tusker House 2009 ~

2009~(Nov)
Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner
Big River Grille dinner
Sci Fi Dine-In dinner
Kona Cafe breakfast
LeCellier dinner
Chef Mickey's breakfast
Olivia's dinner

Whispering Canyon Cafe 2009 ~

2010~
Big River Grille dinner
T-Rex dinner
Kona Cafe breakfast
Sci-Fi Dine In dinner
Kouzzina dinner
Cape May Cafe dinner
San Angel Inn lunch

Kona Cafe 2010 ~

2011~
Via Napoli dinner
Crystal Palace breakfast
Ohana dinner
Kona Cafe breakfast
Chef Mickey's dinner
Shutter's dinner
Sci-Fi Dine In

Ohana 2011 ~

2012~(May)
Tony's TownSquare dinner
Kona Cafe breakfast
Big River Grille dinner
Yachtsman's Steakhouse
Garden Grove dinner
Beaches & Cream dinner
T-Rex lunch
ESPN Club dinner

Garden Grove 2012 ~

Up Next: Where are we eating this time???

Old 11-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #141
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I love talking FOOD on vacation~ WDW or anywhere!!
I love looking at old trip pictures!!! Those were some great ones. I saw some patterns there. We definately all have our favorites.
Can you pick one favorite restaurant?? I can't seem to do it. I have a few that I love to go back to.
I forgot to say that our first family trip was 2005 too.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 11-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #142
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
I love talking FOOD on vacation~ WDW or anywhere!!
I love looking at old trip pictures!!! Those were some great ones. I saw some patterns there. We definately all have our favorites.
Can you pick one favorite restaurant?? I can't seem to do it. I have a few that I love to go back to.
I forgot to say that our first family trip was 2005 too.

Me too!

Hmm....IDK what I would say is our absolute favorite!! That's a tough one. We probably all have a different answer on that one, but if we all had to agree on one it would have to be Kona Cafe for breakfast.
Everyone in the family is happy there!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #144
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Happy (Late to the Party) 5 Weeks!!!!

Ohmygoodness!!!!!!!! You got the ME stuff Saturday????!!!!!???? (Did you get it while I was at Starbucks???)

That means the package stuff with luggage tags will be in the mail maybe this week!!! Which means I'm scared to death that Belle is going to get it out of the mail before me.

oh geez. I'm a nervous wreck it's gonna get spoiled.

Okay now---- allllllllllllllllll those restaurants. You should do an ultimate Disney Dining Review. It would be so interesting to see what you ate (or didn't order ). I think its neat that you have been to so many places and you try new things so often. I'm such a stuck in the mud- always going to the same old places.

Kona Breakfast..... Of course it's a fave.

I know I keep saying I can't believe how much the boys have grown, but holy cow look at how little they were that first trip!!
I can't believe I've seen them grow up all these years.
It's so neat, and sad at the same time.

Can't wait to hear where you're eating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #145
seacrestpromo
Dole Whips are comfort food.

Happy 5 Weeks Shelly!

I have to agree with Jodi that Kona Cafe is always a favorite with our family. The food is always fresh, hot and serve quite quickly. The pricing is very reasonable and it fills you up and gets you ready for a day at MK or Epcot.

We went there at least two time last year and four times in 2010. No complaints from anyone!

Yachtsman Steakhouse was a first time for my wife and I in 2011. We celebrated my wife's birthday there with our Disney friends from Orlando. They have been there many times and had said that they have enjoyed it. The food and presentation was very good. My filet was prepared perfectly and my wife's NY was very good too. It was very cool to see the aged meat and preparation area. The service was good too - very attentive and helpful. Definitely an upscale experience and the pricing reflected it. I think it would be safe to say, if you want a great steak - go here. Afterwards, we took a walk through the resort area -very nice! I wouldn't mind staying there some time.

Wish I could write more, but I am off to a lunch meeting.

Sea

My other car is a Monorail!

Check out our Disneyland internet radio show, The Disgeek Podcast! DisGeek.com!
seacrestpromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #146
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Where have I been? Well, I've been shopping for Peanut's Christmas gifts, which has been SO MUCH FUN!!!!!

I also spent the baby-free night this weekend, as my aunt babysat Claudia overnight. We celebrated by sleeping 12 HOURS!!! Yay for sleeping in! Together!

My favorite restaurants are Kona and Via Napoli. I want to try something new, but I'm not sure what... Any suggestion? Also, which one was your favorite character meal?
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #147
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Guess what I got today??

MICKEY MAIL!!!!!!!!!!

It came!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember long ago the sniffing of the sleeves????? (I bet Sea remembers!!!!!) You KNEW your vacation was close when you could sniff that sleeve!
It was almost-- ALMOST that much fun but not quite b/c I didn't get a headache after wards.

Anyway,
I went out as soon as the postal lady came by and there was the little envelope in all it's glory!!!

I came full on RUNNING inside-- whipped up a latte, turned on Michael Buble's Christmas CD as loud as I could and sat there holding it in my hot little hands, grinning like a mule eating briars.

I'm so happy I've been giggling for the past 30 minutes.

And then I tried to get on here to tell you all about it and my stupid internet had gone on vacation--- AGAIN!!!--- so what did I do??

I cleaned out my BINDER!!

And then I re worked my plans and once the internet came back from it's extended journey to Timbuktu, I logged onto the WDW website and cancelled an ADR and THEN, oh yes THEN-----

I PRINTED OUT MY PLANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Round of applause please!

Now--- where the heck are you anyway?

You didn't say you were working today??

Are you shopping?????

Okay I'm rambling but I don't have anyone to talk to and my caffiene from the latte is kicking in, so................
Old 11-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #148
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Where have I been? Well, I've been shopping for Peanut's Christmas gifts, which has been SO MUCH FUN!!!!!

I also spent the baby-free night this weekend, as my aunt babysat Claudia overnight. We celebrated by sleeping 12 HOURS!!! Yay for sleeping in! Together!

My favorite restaurants are Kona and Via Napoli. I want to try something new, but I'm not sure what... Any suggestion? Also, which one was your favorite character meal?
We like Garden Grill's character meal, Ohana's b-fast, and Chef Mickey's

Quote:
Guess what I got today??

MICKEY MAIL!!!!!!!!!!

It came!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember long ago the sniffing of the sleeves????? (I bet Sea remembers!!!!!) You KNEW your vacation was close when you could sniff that sleeve!
It was almost-- ALMOST that much fun but not quite b/c I didn't get a headache after wards.

Anyway,
I went out as soon as the postal lady came by and there was the little envelope in all it's glory!!!

I came full on RUNNING inside-- whipped up a latte, turned on Michael Buble's Christmas CD as loud as I could and sat there holding it in my hot little hands, grinning like a mule eating briars.

And then I tried to get on here to tell you all about it and my stupid internet had gone on vacation--- AGAIN!!!--- so what did I do??

And then I re worked my plans and once the internet came back from it's extended journey to Timbuktu, I logged onto the WDW website and cancelled an ADR and THEN, oh yes THEN-----

Are you shopping?????

Okay I'm rambling but I don't have anyone to talk to and my caffiene from the latte is kicking in, so................
Yay!! for Mickey Mail
I am so jealous!
Old 11-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #149
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Love the old pictures! The boys look so little on your first trips!

Can't wait to hear where you've decided to eat.
Thanks Amy!

Quote:
Happy (Late to the Party) 5 Weeks!!!!

Ohmygoodness!!!!!!!! You got the ME stuff Saturday????!!!!!???? (Did you get it while I was at Starbucks???)

That means the package stuff with luggage tags will be in the mail maybe this week!!! Which means I'm scared to death that Belle is going to get it out of the mail before me.

oh geez. I'm a nervous wreck it's gonna get spoiled.

Okay now---- allllllllllllllllll those restaurants. You should do an ultimate Disney Dining Review. It would be so interesting to see what you ate (or didn't order ). I think its neat that you have been to so many places and you try new things so often. I'm such a stuck in the mud- always going to the same old places.

Kona Breakfast..... Of course it's a fave.

I know I keep saying I can't believe how much the boys have grown, but holy cow look at how little they were that first trip!!
I can't believe I've seen them grow up all these years.
It's so neat, and sad at the same time.

Can't wait to hear where you're eating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I did get it when you were in Starbucks!!

And I got another one today. I swear this arriving at the GF and departing from the Poly has got the ME people so confused. Neither of my ME trips show online under my ressies. Still!! Even though I've called several times. So now I think I have one booklet for the trip there and one for the way back. Great, more junk to carry.

I don't think I will be getting any package stuff since my ressies are 'room only'... Is yours a package???

I know, I could do a big fat super ultimate WDW Dining Review, couldn't I??? Sure seems like we've eaten a ton.

I am always shocked to see how much the boys have grown when I look back at old WDW pics. So sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacrestpromo View Post
Happy 5 Weeks Shelly!

I have to agree with Jodi that Kona Cafe is always a favorite with our family. The food is always fresh, hot and serve quite quickly. The pricing is very reasonable and it fills you up and gets you ready for a day at MK or Epcot.

We went there at least two time last year and four times in 2010. No complaints from anyone!

Yachtsman Steakhouse was a first time for my wife and I in 2011. We celebrated my wife's birthday there with our Disney friends from Orlando. They have been there many times and had said that they have enjoyed it. The food and presentation was very good. My filet was prepared perfectly and my wife's NY was very good too. It was very cool to see the aged meat and preparation area. The service was good too - very attentive and helpful. Definitely an upscale experience and the pricing reflected it. I think it would be safe to say, if you want a great steak - go here. Afterwards, we took a walk through the resort area -very nice! I wouldn't mind staying there some time.

Wish I could write more, but I am off to a lunch meeting.

Sea

Thanks Sea!

Yep, Kona is awesome -- food, service, price, everything!! Love it!

DH and I went to the Yachtsman in May for our anniversary. We liked it a lot. It's a nice quiet place with good service. My steak was prepared well done, just how I like it. But we didn't really care for all the sauces that came on the steak. Kind of took away from the steak we thought. Next time I will ask for it plain!!

Hope your meeting went well.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #150
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post

YAY for Christmas shopping and for 12 hours of sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome!!

We really like T-Rex and Big River Grille. And for a good character meal -- definitely Crystal Palace for breakfast and Chef Mickey's for dinner! They also have a nice one at the Swan - the Garden Grove. It's a very laid back quiet character meal.

Quote:
Guess what I got today??

MICKEY MAIL!!!!!!!!!!

It came!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway,

Are you shopping?????

Mickey Mail?!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad I don't think I'm getting any......Oh well, it's not as fun anymore since it doesn't come in a plastic sleeve!!

Well that was lucky that you got the mail and the kids didn't!!

Sorry I wasn't here to celebrate with you. Stupid work.

But maybe it's a good thing I wasn't here and you GOT YOUR PLANS DONE!! And cancelled an ADR??? Do tell!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: