Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #16
monkey30
Dreaming of my next vacation!

Sunday we got up and Mom had decided she was tired and needed a morning off from the park but would go in the PM. So we got our stuff together and headed for rope drop.

First stop was fantasy land. I love the rides there! So onto Peterpan we went. Then over to Its a small World. The one in DL seems different from WDW, I like it a lot more. When we left the ride we noticed there was only one family waiting for this lovely Lady!

After talking with her for a bit, (again Logan refused to have a picture with a girl!) we decided to take the train over to the other side and go over to Splash Mountain. So off to New Orleans Station. We had an extremely great CM who explained all about the backdrops and such as we rode through them. It was all very interesting. He had worked there for many years, and you could tell he enjoyed his job.

We got off the train and saw this lovely couple standing there. So we got in line which went fairly fast. Carson didn't want to meet them so he stayed off to the side.

Next was Splash Mountain. We had discovered the Single rider line (thanks to the boards!) earlier in the week and decided to take advantage of it. Ethan would come with one of us, and then we would just meet up as we got off the ride at the picture area. It worked out well. the standby was 45 mins we were on the ride in 5! While we took turns going on splash, the other ones would go on Pooh Bears ride, it was a good trade off. Here was one of Ethans great ones!

By now we were all getting hungry, so where else to eat but Hungry Bear! I love the burgers and sweet potatoe fries. MMMMMMM

We had learned again from the boards to just ask for water at the counters and you can get ice water for free. I had brought some single serve juice crystals, for the water bottles, and we liked to use them with the meals, saved us a bit of cash, and was better then buying a ton of soda!

After a little more walking around we decided it was nap time and headed back to the hotel.

We had a great day so far, everyone was in a good mood so this was the night to tackle World of Color. Over to DCA after we ate (I forgot to write this down so not sure what we had!), We did Little Mermaid again and some other rides in the area, and this great family shot
we decided to head back over to the WofC area. We had forgotten to get FP earlier and the day and decided to take our chances of finding a decent spot. Well, we were in a roped off area and the show was about to start you could see but the view was not the best when a CM aproched us. He asked if we wanted to see the show from a special spot, the catch was, we could not take the scooter or stroller over there. My mom was the only one I worried about, but she said she could do it. So the cm helped mom walk over while we moved the kids. He placed us in a walkway that was all roped off, with no one in front of us you could see everything but the low lights. About 5 mins in, Carson decided he was tired and fell asleep. he was just to heavy, so I said since I was coming back in a few months I would go over to the stroller and put him in, and then they could watch. The show ended and Chad helped my mom back to the scooter, she made it through but by this time was weak and dizzy so she sat on her scooter while we waited for the crowd to thin out a bit.
On the way back to the hotel, the fireworks were going and we watched a bit from the sidewalk before heading in for the night.

September Family Trip 2012 PTR
DL Trip Report 2012
Left the Kids at home PTR 2013
monkey30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #17
monkey30

Last day at the parks!

We took got to the opening of DCA and boogied over to Toy Story mania. The wait was already at 45 minutes, mom was able to take her scooter in the line so that made it easier and the kids did great. At this point Carson was a pro at waiting. we also had some tys stashed in grandmas basket to help!

After playing around with the glasses, it was finally our turn...I do not remember who won, just that we had a great time.

We hung around the pier for awhile, took turns on California Screaming and King Tritons, I went with mom and the 2 younger boys to Meet a friend who was visiting DL at the same time with her family, and found these 2 characters. I was impressed. Carson had been scared to go to a lot of the characters, which is why we are carrying him in a lot of pictures. But not Donald!!

Then Logan wanted a picture by himself with Duffy

and Carson wasn't so sure about him!

This was the hottest day yet, so we were all tired already.... back to the hotel for a swim and nap!

DL Trip Report 2012

Last edited by monkey30; 04-18-2013 at 12:00 PM. Reason: wrong picture!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #18
mommy4allkids
Earning My Ears

Lovely TR!

Thank you for taking the time to share it

mommy4allkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #19
monkey30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy4allkids View Post
Thank you for taking the time to share it
No problem! I should probably finish this, since I abandoned it!! Now I have gone on yet another trip with DH and have that TR to do!

DL Trip Report 2012

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: