Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 05:46 AM   #1
TeamH5
Mouseketeer
 
TeamH5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 372

2bdrm's disappearing on the Magic?

Are the 2 bdrm suites disappearing with the Magic refurb? I asked my TA to see if one was available for our family of 6, and she said that even if we did the Roy or Walt suites we'd still have to get 2 because no ship has the capacity to fit 6 people in one room. I thought the 2 bdrms could sleep 7?

This TA is from DU so I assume they know what's going on, but I'm wondering if I should call Disney myself and ask? Just want to know if that would actually end up being a cheaper option as opposed to 2 connecting verandah (5B) rooms since we wouldn't have to pay for 4 full adult fares (we're 2A and 4C)
__________________
DH ME DD-6 DD-6 DS-5 & #4 on the way sometime late April 2014

Disney newbies:
Lived the Dream January 2012
WDW AoA August 2013
Waitin for the Magic WBTA Sept 2014
TeamH5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:52 AM   #2
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran
 
Feisty Fairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamH5 View Post
Are the 2 bdrm suites disappearing with the Magic refurb? I asked my TA to see if one was available for our family of 6, and she said that even if we did the Roy or Walt suites we'd still have to get 2 because no ship has the capacity to fit 6 people in one room. I thought the 2 bdrms could sleep 7? This TA is from DU so I assume they know what's going on, but I'm wondering if I should call Disney myself and ask? Just want to know if that would actually end up being a cheaper option as opposed to 2 connecting verandah (5B) rooms since we wouldn't have to pay for 4 full adult fares (we're 2A and 4C)
Not that I now of they are still on Disney site for some dates in May checked to random dates. Could be that it might be sold out for your particular cruise you are looking at? What dates are you looking at?
__________________
Feisty Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-21-2013, 06:10 AM   #3
lorenni
Mouseketeer
 
lorenni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 489

I have a two bedroom suite booked on the Magic for October 2014.
__________________
The worst disease you never heard of - Epidermolysis Bullosa. Awareness is the first step in finding a cure.
lorenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:48 AM   #4
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises
 
mmouse37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Too far from the Magic!!
Posts: 26,472

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamH5 View Post
Are the 2 bdrm suites disappearing with the Magic refurb? I asked my TA to see if one was available for our family of 6, and she said that even if we did the Roy or Walt suites we'd still have to get 2 because no ship has the capacity to fit 6 people in one room. I thought the 2 bdrms could sleep 7?

This TA is from DU so I assume they know what's going on, but I'm wondering if I should call Disney myself and ask? Just want to know if that would actually end up being a cheaper option as opposed to 2 connecting verandah (5B) rooms since we wouldn't have to pay for 4 full adult fares (we're 2A and 4C)
Bolding is mine....they can...there is another thread right now about the 2 bedrooms that say they do hold 7.

MJ
__________________
30 DCL Cruises and Counting!
Disney Magic - 19 times - Official Maiden Voyage July 30, 1998, Re-imagined Magic October 27, 2013
Disney Wonder - 5 times
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #5
clten
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,731

They are still selling 2 BR on the Magic. I looked at the first sailing Dec 2014 just to get an idea of pricing (it still had a 2 BR available). These are rough numbers because you can't price out 6 people online -- you have to call. So I assumed the 6th would be the same as the 5th. In a 2BR, 2A and 4K would be about $12.2K; doing 2 5B's (each w/ 1A and 2K) would total about $8,100 for the two rooms. Concierge is a premium price -- it rarely saves you money over doing 2 non-concierge cabins.

Your DU agent must have just looked at your sailing date and it wasn't available or they saw they could only put 5 people on the online booking and wasn't aware they had to call or they are not familiar with the classic ships.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #6
kaseyC


Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Lake Villa, IL
Posts: 4,058

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamH5 View Post
Are the 2 bdrm suites disappearing with the Magic refurb? I asked my TA to see if one was available for our family of 6, and she said that even if we did the Roy or Walt suites we'd still have to get 2 because no ship has the capacity to fit 6 people in one room. I thought the 2 bdrms could sleep 7?

This TA is from DU so I assume they know what's going on, but I'm wondering if I should call Disney myself and ask? Just want to know if that would actually end up being a cheaper option as opposed to 2 connecting verandah (5B) rooms since we wouldn't have to pay for 4 full adult fares (we're 2A and 4C)
Your TA is wrong. The Cat. R and S on the Magic and Wonder both sleep 7. You cannot book more than 5 online though, you have to call DCL to book that.
__________________
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013



kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #7
FJS961
DIS Veteran
 
FJS961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 1,808

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
Your TA is wrong. The Cat. R and S on the Magic and Wonder both sleep 7. You cannot book more than 5 online though, you have to call DCL to book that.
THIS is correct
FJS961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #8
TeamH5
Mouseketeer
 
TeamH5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by clten View Post
They are still selling 2 BR on the Magic. I looked at the first sailing Dec 2014 just to get an idea of pricing (it still had a 2 BR available). These are rough numbers because you can't price out 6 people online -- you have to call. So I assumed the 6th would be the same as the 5th. In a 2BR, 2A and 4K would be about $12.2K; doing 2 5B's (each w/ 1A and 2K) would total about $8,100 for the two rooms. Concierge is a premium price -- it rarely saves you money over doing 2 non-concierge cabins.

Your DU agent must have just looked at your sailing date and it wasn't available or they saw they could only put 5 people on the online booking and wasn't aware they had to call or they are not familiar with the classic ships.


thanks! Thanks to everyone! She made no indication that it wasn't available (though Concierge did appear booked when I tried online) She just told me that no rooms had the capacity to sleep more than 5 to include the Big Suites. I just kind of thought that with them being verandah (I know most ppl might try to compare OV or even inside rooms) that the price difference would be quite a bit smaller. But even looking on cruisefish.net, It did indicate a drastic price difference but of course did not include additional guests or children guests for that matter. Just the first 2 adult fares.
__________________
DH ME DD-6 DD-6 DS-5 & #4 on the way sometime late April 2014

Disney newbies:
Lived the Dream January 2012
WDW AoA August 2013
Waitin for the Magic WBTA Sept 2014
TeamH5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #9
wiigirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15,971

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenni View Post
I have a two bedroom suite booked on the Magic for October 2014.
Nice!
__________________
For the love of Disney...
wiigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #10
Donna3271
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,080

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenni View Post
I have a two bedroom suite booked on the Magic for October 2014.
Lorenni,
So off topic... SORRY ALL!!!

I googled Epidermolysis Bullosa. God Bless. Thank you for making me aware. I never heard of it.
Donna3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #11
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 14,953

nevermind
__________________

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #12
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran
 
su_A_ve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,555

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamH5 View Post
thanks! Thanks to everyone! She made no indication that it wasn't available (though Concierge did appear booked when I tried online) She just told me that no rooms had the capacity to sleep more than 5 to include the Big Suites. I just kind of thought that with them being verandah (I know most ppl might try to compare OV or even inside rooms) that the price difference would be quite a bit smaller. But even looking on cruisefish.net, It did indicate a drastic price difference but of course did not include additional guests or children guests for that matter. Just the first 2 adult fares.
Looks like she needs some training and you may need a different TA...
__________________
'77, '84, '94, '00 - Off site
'01 (BC), '03 (ASMu), '05 (BC), '06 (YC), '08 (YC), '08 (CSR), '09 (CSR)
'10 (BC), '10 (CSR), '11 (BC), '11 (CSR), '12 (5n Dream), '13 (5n Wonder)
'13 (POR), '13 (3n Magic)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:34 AM   #13
lorenni
Mouseketeer
 
lorenni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna3271 View Post
Lorenni, So off topic... SORRY ALL!!! I googled Epidermolysis Bullosa. God Bless. Thank you for making me aware. I never heard of it.
Thank you for taking the time to look!
__________________
The worst disease you never heard of - Epidermolysis Bullosa. Awareness is the first step in finding a cure.
lorenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.