Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #121
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I just hope he dresses up for the occasion.
I hope so too! I really want to meet Beast in his finer clothes. He's my absolute favourite! Met him many times in EPCOT (6 times last visit alone...) and many times at Disneyland too

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #122
molitva
Mouseketeer

After reading some of the descriptions of the fly-by photo op at the end, and watching some youtube videos, I'm reminded of the Santa scene in A Christmas Story. All that wait just to be thrown down the slide.
molitva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 07:55 AM   #123
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva View Post
After reading some of the descriptions of the fly-by photo op at the end, and watching some youtube videos, I'm reminded of the Santa scene in A Christmas Story. All that wait just to be thrown down the slide.
exactly! I'd prefer just a regular meet and greet. Enchanted Tales looks great but I don't really want to waste time lining up, acting in a show that (to me) after once would be boring JUST to get a 10 second photo opportunity.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Old 10-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #124
gwmort
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildyp View Post
I experienced Enchanted Tales with Belle yesterday. I thought it was great! Every person that wanted a part in the story got a part. Even a young man in a wheelchair got a part as well as a very shy kid who had his mom help him with the part of Maurice. Everyone that wanted could take part in the "parade" around the library. I didn't think the part with the picutes was rushed at all. I was part of the "story" and when it was picture time Belle commented on my Belle t-shirt. Each participant was given a Belle bookmark and was announced by name before the picture.

I'm a huge Belle fan and really enjoyed the experience.
My brother just got back from DW and reported more or less the same thing. I don't think there will be any disappointed kids, everyone who wants a part can have a part and a picture, and overall the experience is much more interactive than just walking up for an autograph, they actually get to play with the princess, they will love it.
gwmort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #125
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmort View Post
My brother just got back from DW and reported more or less the same thing. I don't think there will be any disappointed kids, everyone who wants a part can have a part and a picture, and overall the experience is much more interactive than just walking up for an autograph, they actually get to play with the princess, they will love it.
The disappointment will be because they're not telling people they need to participate in the show to get a photo. If they TOLD people that - no problem. IF they kept her at TS - No problem.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #126
WickedDreamer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
I don't think they have two of the same character out at the same time within a park. We were in line for Mickey once and got told he had to go because he had to get ready for the stage show.
Why can't they have Belle meeting at Town Square for a regular meet and greet at other times when she is not doing story telling?? It use to work before from what I have read when she was doing the old story telling in Merida's current location.
WickedDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #127
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
The disappointment will be because they're not telling people they need to participate in the show to get a photo. If they TOLD people that - no problem. IF they kept her at TS - No problem.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedDreamer View Post
Why can't they have Belle meeting at Town Square for a regular meet and greet at other times when she is not doing story telling?? It use to work before from what I have read when she was doing the old story telling in Merida's current location.
She's doing storytelling all day long. This is not the same attraction you've read about.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #128
iwish81792
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather13 View Post
Will Ariel still meet on the bridge with Eric, or is she also planning to be MIA now that FL is having soft openings?
Ariel has been meeting in her grotto since Friday. Prince Eric has been retired. We met him during his second to last set. I said "This is my first time meeting you!" and he said "...and it will probably be your last."

and just around the corner is a Fantasyland!
iwish81792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #129
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Cool Ariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwish81792 View Post
Ariel has been meeting in her grotto since Friday. Prince Eric has been retired. We met him during his second to last set. I said "This is my first time meeting you!" and he said "...and it will probably be your last."
You never know, he may make an appearance w/ Ariel in the grotto on occasion. It used to happen when she was in the old grotto.

Still baffles me that Disney doesn't increase the character presense in the parks especially now that they are so in demand. And not just for kids either.
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #130
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Mom2RTK and all the other posters in this thread who E-mailed or wrote to Disney about Belle, have you gotten any response? I just got an E-mail from Disney stating they want me to reply with my phone number so that they can call me to discuss the matter. Mom2RTK what have you gotten me into? I just wanted to add my E-mail to the stack in hopes that WDW might have a possibility of being convinced to get Belle and the Beast at MVMCP in their Christmas finery! I didn't actually want to TALK to a live person! Can you tell, I'm not normally a complainer?
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #131
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
Mom2RTK and all the other posters in this thread who E-mailed or wrote to Disney about Belle, have you gotten any response? I just got an E-mail from Disney stating they want me to reply with my phone number so that they can call me to discuss the matter. Mom2RTK what have you gotten me into? I just wanted to add my E-mail to the stack in hopes that WDW might have a possibility of being convinced to get Belle and the Beast at MVMCP in their Christmas finery! I didn't actually want to TALK to a live person! Can you tell, I'm not normally a complainer?
LOL, sorry about that. I got an initial auto reply email saying they got my email and would check into it. But nothing since. I hope that means they're listening and will find a way to have Belle and the Beast at MVMCP.

You'll let us know how the call goes, won't you?
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #132
darkwingeeyore
Earning My Ears

Even if they wanted to pull the whole "can't be in two places at once" nonsense - ETWB as it stands, is supposed to take place "IN THE PAST" i.e. the night of the ballroom scene in the movie. So the fact that Belle isn't available for M&G outside - in her village in her blue dress, or in TST in her yellow dress is just crazy to me. Also that she isn't at CRT anymore - I mean, Cindy meets at the Castle and TST all day. I get that they are trying to drive people to ETWB, but for those of us that may not be interested - i.e. have young children that might not sit through, or no children, or older children, or want a family pic or whatever the case may be - we should be able to meet with our favorite princess. If people want to go to ETWB they are going to go, no matter if Belle if available elsewhere.

Me DH DD

Dec 1999: CSR (Graduation Trip) * July 2007: POR (Honeymoon!) * Dec 2009: AKL * Can't wait for Dec 2012: CBR (DD's first visit!)
darkwingeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #133
Legendteri
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
Well, what do you know, I just got on those emails too. Too bad they sent it about 20 minutes before the guest services lady left for the day, so I suppose I will have to wait till tomorrow to call them.
Legendteri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #134
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
exactly! I'd prefer just a regular meet and greet. Enchanted Tales looks great but I don't really want to waste time lining up, acting in a show that (to me) after once would be boring JUST to get a 10 second photo opportunity.
I love the idea of ETWB...and I don't look at it like a meet and greet but a character experience like Jedi training, Pirate tutorial, etc. I just object to taking belle out of TST and/or CRT...I want a picture of my daughter and son with her, plus me and my daughter, and my daughter and son individually. I know this is not possible with the timing so I have no other way to do this at MK. I don't really care about the autograph or one on one interaction...I think playing with her will be even better than the previous interactions for my kids! It is the pictures I will miss.

Last edited by hollygolitely93; 10-18-2012 at 03:03 PM.
hollygolitely93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #135
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendteri View Post
Well, what do you know, I just got on those emails too. Too bad they sent it about 20 minutes before the guest services lady left for the day, so I suppose I will have to wait till tomorrow to call them.
Mine said to reply with my phone number and they would call me within 7 days. It did leave a number that I could also call, if I didn't want to wait for them.

I was inclined to E-mail them back that I didn't specifically need to talk to anyone, but that I just wanted to voice my opinions as set out in my E-mail. (I know Mom2RTK- wimpy me Again- so not a complainer- plus I said everything in my long detailed E-mail, so I don't know what else I would say. Unless they are calling me to assure me that Belle will be at MVMCP in her red dress or that they are working something out in regard to to a meet and greet with her somewhere at MK with some personal interaction, I really don't have anything to add). If you are going to talk to them, let us know how it goes. I'll will hold off E-mailing them back, and if it might be productive, maybe I will talk to them as well.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: