Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 12:51 AM   #106
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
Like any experience in WDW, it's only a big deal to a kid if the parent makes it a big deal. On my trip in August I made a big deal out of meeting characters, going to PL and BBB, and character meals. Had not done any of those my kids would not have known any better, thus not be disappointed about missing something.
It's actually IS a big deal if your child wants to meet Belle, sees others getting a hugs and photo with Belle and your child can't. If you could still meet Belle at TS then it would be alright. But they should tell people it's NOT a meet and greet with Belle instead of waiting until the end and stopping people from lining up.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:16 AM   #107
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickprincess
This is disgusting. I'm a disney stock holder and i wonder what were they thinking. I love Belle and know that there are alot of other people who love her too. I guest i will have to see her in Epcot or take another cruise.I'm just going to have to write about this enchanted tales with Belle. I had such high hopes only to be dashed. Mabey if enough of us write they will have another M&G>
Disgusting? Really? I can think of two hands worth of things in this life that are actually disgusting. Gimme a break!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 02:46 AM   #108
WickedDreamer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvazul View Post
So, everyone has a chance to have a picture if they choose - but it will be very quick and no autograph.

Umm so if she won't do autographs at her story telling where else are you suppose to meet her to get an autograph or let your child give her hug This has been rather strange decision on Disney's behalf, if they are so popular why do they make it harder for you to get a photo or an autograph.

For a lot of people visiting this will be their first trip and will have no idea they will then HAVE to park hop to another Park to meet her AGAIN just to get an autograph.

They should just have Belle meeting at the front of Magic Kingdom at the other times she is not doing the Story telling, or have her doing photo's at different times of the day in the library to the space is still being used.

What a great photo if they could be bothered planning meets and greets with Belle and Beast together in the library he has given to her as a gift??
WickedDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:48 AM   #109
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Hopefully they fix this as I can only imagine the disappointed children (and adults) Why give them a new area if people weren't actually going to be able to MEET them

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedDreamer View Post
Umm so if she won't do autographs at her story telling where else are you suppose to meet her to get an autograph or let your child give her hug This has been rather strange decision on Disney's behalf, if they are so popular why do they make it harder for you to get a photo or an autograph.

For a lot of people visiting this will be their first trip and will have no idea they will then HAVE to park hop to another Park to meet her AGAIN just to get an autograph.

They should just have Belle meeting at the front of Magic Kingdom at the other times she is not doing the Story telling, or have her doing photo's at different times of the day in the library to the space is still being used.

What a great photo if they could be bothered planning meets and greets with Belle and Beast together in the library he has given to her as a gift??

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:49 AM   #110
JulyGirl
DIS Veteran

Here is how Disney describes this attraction:

"Our journey begins in Maurice's workshop, where an enchanted mirror becomes your doorway to an unforgettable experience. After stepping through the mirror, you'll find that you've been transported to Beast's magnificent library, where Belle and Lumičre invite you to become part of a lively retelling of the "tale as old as time."

Nowhere does it say that this is a meet and greet. So the problem is that they need to have Belle somewhere else in the MK. Some families with young children don't go to Epcot, so that's not an option for everyone. Makes no sense to not have a place where you can line up for pictures/autographs with Belle in the MK.
JulyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:11 AM   #111
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

I don't think they have two of the same character out at the same time within a park. We were in line for Mickey once and got told he had to go because he had to get ready for the stage show.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:33 AM   #112
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec
I don't think they have two of the same character out at the same time within a park. We were in line for Mickey once and got told he had to go because he had to get ready for the stage show.
Donald at Epcot Character Spot and Caballero Donald in Mexico.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:33 AM   #113
asianway
Kungaloosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
They threw that out the window years ago.
asianway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:37 AM   #114
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Belle used to do Storytime, appear at CRT and manage to be in Toontown all day long.

Now all of a sudden it's a problem.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:51 AM   #115
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

I am absolutely fine with ETWB not being a meet and greet. Based on the timing, I prefer it to keep the lines from being atrocious.

But...

She does need a meet and greet somewhere in MK and I am hoping that she will have one...but of course hearing from everyone has to help!

While she would be more accessible in the theater...I booked CRT with hope to see her there as my daughter adores her but we don't like to wait in lines for characters (four boys in tow!) Character meals are a nice compromise. Too late to rebook for Akershus (party of ten leaving in a month).

Now, to introduce her to Jasmine...she doesn't know Aurora or Jasmine...shameful I know...
hollygolitely93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:54 AM   #116
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Well, I've been wishing/praying/hoping that FLE might be open during the Xmas parties and now there's rumors that might indeed be the plan

So now I'm adding a wish/prayer/hope that Belle will AT THE LEAST be dressed in her red Christmas dress wherever (even if only at ETwB) she appears during and Holiday season and MVMCP hours! So get busy on that red dress, mom2rtk - and hopefully we will all have a chance to see her dressed as she always is for the holidays.

And I agree that if your child is not expecting to 'meet' a character, they might watch the other children get their picture and not be upset - but for those of us whose children and grandchildren have grown up visiting WDW, they have a huge level of expectation in meeting characters that disney itself has encouraged and set the bar for. My DGrD actually believes the characters are her 'friends' and that they LOVE getting to see her when she 'visits' them at their home - so this is a big deal - believe me, I wouldn't stand in those long lines for pictures and autographs if it wasn't so exciting and fun for her!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:57 AM   #117
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
At MNSHHP, Minnie with Mickey in Town Hall and then Minnie with Daisy in the Circus tent.

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV Upcoming Trip: October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!*
RachaelA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:10 AM   #118
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolitely93 View Post
I am absolutely fine with ETWB not being a meet and greet. Based on the timing, I prefer it to keep the lines from being atrocious.

But...

She does need a meet and greet somewhere in MK and I am hoping that she will have one...but of course hearing from everyone has to help!

I absolutely agree. My issue is not how they have Enchanted Tales with Belle set up. From what I've seen it's an adorable little show and I can't wait to see it in person myself this December.

My issue is them taking her out of TST. That's it. Plain and simple.

And I do have some hope that if they hear from people they might reconsider that piece of it. Their track record of responding to guest issues of this nature is not great (or even good) but I do think that they are watching closely how their new attractions are received, so it is worth a try at this time in particular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
Well, I've been wishing/praying/hoping that FLE might be open during the Xmas parties and now there's rumors that might indeed be the plan

So now I'm adding a wish/prayer/hope that Belle will AT THE LEAST be dressed in her red Christmas dress wherever (even if only at ETwB) she appears during and Holiday season and MVMCP hours! So get busy on that red dress, mom2rtk - and hopefully we will all have a chance to see her dressed as she always is for the holidays.

And I agree that if your child is not expecting to 'meet' a character, they might watch the other children get their picture and not be upset - but for those of us whose children and grandchildren have grown up visiting WDW, they have a huge level of expectation in meeting characters that disney itself has encouraged and set the bar for. My DGrD actually believes the characters are her 'friends' and that they LOVE getting to see her when she 'visits' them at their home - so this is a big deal - believe me, I wouldn't stand in those long lines for pictures and autographs if it wasn't so exciting and fun for her!
Well, the rumor I've heard from a couple sources is that Belle will not be appearing in her red. It did occur to me that maybe they could at least have her appear in her red in Storytime. But I think that would require some changes to the story they tell, and I'm not getting my hopes up that they will do that so soon after opening the attraction.

I'll probably go ahead with the new red gown at MVMCP. That pile of red fabric still seems to be calling my name. We are eating at BOG before the party at at least I'm still optimistic the Beast will be there.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:14 AM   #119
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Oh a picture with Beast in her red dress would be FABULOUS!!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:24 AM   #120
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
Oh a picture with Beast in her red dress would be FABULOUS!!
I just hope he dresses up for the occasion.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: