Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 07:32 PM   #91
jesswindsor
DIS Veteran

Hopefully with all of the complaints Disney will reconsider the Meet & Greet. Some Little princess' especially are going to be dissapointed.
jesswindsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #92
hildyp
Earning My Ears

I experienced Enchanted Tales with Belle yesterday. I thought it was great! Every person that wanted a part in the story got a part. Even a young man in a wheelchair got a part as well as a very shy kid who had his mom help him with the part of Maurice. Everyone that wanted could take part in the "parade" around the library. I didn't think the part with the picutes was rushed at all. I was part of the "story" and when it was picture time Belle commented on my Belle t-shirt. Each participant was given a Belle bookmark and was announced by name before the picture.

I'm a huge Belle fan and really enjoyed the experience.

Walt Disney World, Universal, and Busch Gardens annual pass holders
hildyp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #93
Legendteri
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
Like any experience in WDW, it's only a big deal to a kid if the parent makes it a big deal. On my trip in August I made a big deal out of meeting characters, going to PL and BBB, and character meals. Had not done any of those my kids would not have known any better, thus not be disappointed about missing something.
Yes that is true, but what about the parents that have no idea of the changes happening. Imagine how they will feel, after paying about $200 for a matching Belle dress and a matching Belle hairdo, marching their little princesses over to meet Belle only to be told, "Nope sorry, if you want a picture you will have to participate in a play, but you can't ask her anything, can't give her a hug, but hey, you will get a quick picture" or in our case "Nope, sorry only cast members can see Belle for the next two weeks." I understand that there is no guarantee about any of the characters, but come on, we are talking about Belle here, one of their most popular princesses. She should not be this inaccessible and I don't blame parents one bit for being angry.

Again, we go on the 21st, and I imagine there are going to be a lot of angry parents when they find out they won't be able to see Belle on that day. I understand that Enchanted Tales with Belle is a fun experience, but it should be done in addition to a meet and greet with Belle, not instead of.
Legendteri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #94
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildyp View Post
I experienced Enchanted Tales with Belle yesterday. I thought it was great! Every person that wanted a part in the story got a part. Even a young man in a wheelchair got a part as well as a very shy kid who had his mom help him with the part of Maurice. Everyone that wanted could take part in the "parade" around the library. I didn't think the part with the picutes was rushed at all. I was part of the "story" and when it was picture time Belle commented on my Belle t-shirt. Each participant was given a Belle bookmark and was announced by name before the picture.

That's great to hear. I sure hope they've slowed that crazy pace down. (fingers crossed.....)
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #95
asianway
Kungaloosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickprincess View Post
I also just sent Robert Igor an email as well as disney. This is just not right. People pay huge amounts of money to see Belle. I may just have to go another cruise at least there i knew that she would be there and at what time.
Would highly recommend the cruise route. The entertainment team there gets it.

My previous issues with the greet are small compared to the newest rumor that this is considered enough B&B to finally close the DHS show
asianway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #96
Legendteri
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildyp View Post

Well that is good to know that it won't be so hurried. Doesn't help us because we are going during CM previews, but it seems it isn't as bad as I had seen on videos.
Legendteri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #97
Violet Parr
DIS Veteran

What are the dates for CM previews?

VP
12/05Pop Centuryy, VWL, Swan 12/07Coronado Springs, Fort Wilderness 12/10 Fort Wilderness 10/12 AKV Kidani 6/13 Caribbean Beach 7/13 Polynesian 8/13 POR Royal Room 9/13 AKV-Jambo, POR-AB 10/13 FW 12/13 VWL 10/14 DISNEYLAND PARIS! 12/14 Bay Lake Tower and WL 5/15 AKV and FW

Violet Parr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #98
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianway View Post
Would highly recommend the cruise route. The entertainment team there gets it.

My previous issues with the greet are small compared to the newest rumor that this is considered enough B&B to finally close the DHS show
I just got off the fantasy september 29 and you bet they get it. i saw belle three times durring the cruise. belive me after i read this i'm relly considering taking a cruise. I also know some one who used work for DCL
2013 WDW Royal Guest @Port Orleans Riverside. 2012WDW @ Royal Guest Port Orleans Riverside Disney Cruise line The Fantasy. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French Quarter. 2002 WDW Port Orleans Riverside, Disney cruise line The Wonder.2007 Disneyland@ The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise Hotel. 2000 Disneyland @ The Disneyland Hotel. 1999 1998,1996 Disneyland off sight hotels.
A proud Disney Stockholder
A Proud Seahawk Fan 2014 Super bowl Champions
A Seattle Mariner fan
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #99
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildyp

The issue is that people don't know they HAVE to participate to get a picture with Belle. That is not explained anywhere before you go in. I told everyone in line around me so they could make sure their kids participated.

And my 1 year old cant participate unless I carried her around bc she doesn't walk fast enough and she would get all of 5 seconds of interaction with Belle. The pictures were very rushed yesterday when we went.

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV- October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!* UPCOMING: December 2015- BLT
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #100
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Since BOG hasn't opened yet, we're all speculating. But there was a recent report that Beast would appear as you arrive (like Cindy at CRT or Belle at Akershus). No other characters have entered the conversation for BOG.

Stay tuned.

ETA: Once again, mom2rtk and I say the same thing at the same time. I should probably just stay away when she's around.
No, we need you both. And Kenny. And Berlioz.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #101
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelA View Post
The issue is that people don't know they HAVE to participate to get a picture with Belle. That is not explained anywhere before you go in. I told everyone in line around me so they could make sure their kids participated.

And my 1 year old cant participate unless I carried her around bc she doesn't walk fast enough and she would get all of 5 seconds of interaction with Belle. The pictures were very rushed yesterday when we went.
Thanks for your report. I'll be curious to see other reports as well still. I can handle no autographs. But that insane pace I saw on the video is what really drove me over the edge.

And might I add..... it was really nice of you to make sure everyone knew the drill on participating to get a photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997 View Post
No, we need you both. And Kenny. And Berlioz.
Did I scare everyone away?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #102
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Thanks for your report. I'll be curious to see other reports as well still. I can handle no autographs. But that insane pace I saw on the video is what really drove me over the edge.

And might I add..... it was really nice of you to make sure everyone knew the drill on participating to get a photo.

Did I scare everyone away?
Mom,
Your scary mad sewing skillz intimidate.

I can't wait to see what you've got on hand for this Christmas!

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #103
DeluxePrincess
Humming the Farm Town song...

I think the whole setup of Belle's storytime is strange. It should begin the same way it does now. The middle room should just be the wardrobe and Lumiere telling more of the story. The library should be a room for a nice photo op with Belle. I can't imagine why they would deny children the opportunity to meet Belle. Even those who get to have picture only have 2 seconds with her. Very poor planning.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #104
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997 View Post
Mom,
Your scary mad sewing skillz intimidate.

I can't wait to see what you've got on hand for this Christmas!
LOL. Thanks.

I do have a big pile of red panne velvet sitting here to make a new red Belle gown. My motivation took a little hit this week on this one though.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:00 AM   #105
TheElectricMayhem
Earning My Ears

We did the ETwB yesterday and I funk this is a lot of hand wringing over things that will iron out as dress rehershals continue.

A one year old could definely participate btw. The play isi informal and there were some parents of tiny princesses helping them out.

A simple explaination from the CM in the opening that participants will get a Pi w Belle would solve most problems.

Really its very similar to Captain Jacks pirate tutorial in thay any kid who wants to can participate and gets to interact with Jack: but the Belle interaction was a bit longer and more personal.

rocking out with my husband, Miss Piggy (DD 7) and Animal (DS 5)
TheElectricMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: