Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #76
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Not a traditional one....

The setup is that all players in the story get a quick photo with her, but no one else does. There is also no interaction to speak of and no autographs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh314 View Post
How do they choose the kids that will participate and get a photo with her? Any idea how many kids they choose per session?
I have only read to post number 26, so....

I have been told they take in approximately 40 people. There are enough props for 37 roles. If your child is too shy to take a role, they can join in the "parade". Anyone who has a part or joins in the parade can get a quick picture with Belle. So, everyone has a chance to have a picture if they choose - but it will be very quick and no autograph.

Last edited by mvazul; 10-15-2012 at 01:03 PM.
mvazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #77
Queen2PrincessG
DIS Veteran

Were do we write?

I'm ok without the autograph but the picture opportunity should be a no brainier. I'm really hoping they will just add her to more places or add her and Beast to BOG
I mean really, why create a land and diminish the character being there? if Ariel can have her M&G area why not Belle?

Can someone confirm that the B&B show at the Studios is gone/going

Queen2PrincessG is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #78
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen2PrincessG View Post
Were do we write?

I'm ok without the autograph but the picture opportunity should be a no brainier. I'm really hoping they will just add her to more places or add her and Beast to BOG
I mean really, why create a land and diminish the character being there? if Ariel can have her M&G area why not Belle?

Can someone confirm that the B&B show at the Studios is gone/going

The bolded part really does seem to be the hardest part of this to swallow. You really have to wonder what they were thinking.

Here's the address:

WDW Guest Communications
PO Box 10,040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

or

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

As for the BATB show at DHS, I have only just recently heard a rumor about the show maybe changing. But it certainly didn't seem concrete. I'll be very disappointed if this happens.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #79
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvazul View Post
I have only read to post number 26, so....

I have been told they take in approximately 40 people. There are enough props for 37 roles. If your child is too shy to take a role, they can join in the "parade". Anyone who has a part or joins in the parade can get a quick picture with Belle. So, everyone has a chance to have a picture if they choose - but it will be very quick and no autograph.
Well at least that hopefully will eliminate giving kids the double whammy disappointment of:
1. they get upset because they don't get picked to be in the play; and then
2. they watch the kids selected instead of them get to take a photo with Belle while they aren't allowed to get a photo.
I had visions of a double disappointment.

I watched the video of the after play photo line that was posted. I still find it completely unacceptable. It is so rushed the kids hardly get to stand still while the photo is being taken. They get pushed through so fast they don't get to talk to Belle or even get to hug her. That's not okay in my book. It is like whoever designed this deal either doesn't have kids, or has absolutely no experience with kids who love the characters or girls who are Princess crazy. They don't seem to have a concept of what is most important to the little ones- which is some sort of personal interaction- knowing that Belle talked specifically to, and hugged, them individually. They seem to think that if they stick Belle up there and let her talk to everyone in a scripted manner that it should be enough for the kids. Well, it's not.

Belle really needs to be accessible somewhere at MK, even if it is just in her blue dress, for a more traditional meet and greet than they are doing with Enchanted Tales if they can't revamp Enchanted Tales to fix the problem. Belle needs to be accessible for autographs, hugs and a brief one-on-one talk, in her yellow dress somewhere in at least one of the parks in a situation that doesn't involve having to book an ADR.

Belle also belongs somewhere in her red dress with Beast at MVMCP (considering the line was 2 hours when we checked one time last year you would think they might even consider adding that meet and greet during the day instead of eliminating it altogether!). We were sad enough that they quit selling Belle's red Christmas dress at the BBB. We've seen that red dress for sale the past several years, and of course las year when DD wanted it, they didn't carry them anymore. Worked out well for DD though because she decided to be Snow White in honor of the demise of the ride.

Mom2rtk, she did actually demand that I take her to a manager to discuss the closing of the Snow White ride during our trip last year, but I declined to take her to Guest Services. She had to settle for riding the ride multiple times and chastising whatever CM she could get to listen--- probably funnier/more effective on the day she rode it somewhere between 5 to 10 times dressed as Snow White. You can picture the little Snow White trying to let the CMs have it! The CMs of course were telling her that they were sad and didn't like that it was going away just like she was. I tried to explain to her that the people operating the ride have no control over that, but all that got me was her demanding that I take her to someone who was in charge. I have no idea where she gets that. It is definitely not from DH or I! We aren't generally the complaining type! Her pre-school teacher said she thought she would be either a CEO or a movie star someday! If she demands to see a manager after Enchanted Tales with Belle, I may let her go to Guest Services and file a complaint this time!
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #80
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
Mom2rtk, she did actually demand that I take her to a manager to discuss the closing of the Snow White ride during our trip last year, but I declined to take her to Guest Services. She had to settle for riding the ride multiple times and chastising whatever CM she could get to listen--- probably funnier/more effective on the day she rode it somewhere between 5 to 10 times dressed as Snow White. You can picture the little Snow White trying to let the CMs have it! The CMs of course were telling her that they were sad and didn't like that it was going away just like she was. I tried to explain to her that the people operating the ride have no control over that, but all that got me was her demanding that I take her to someone who was in charge. I have no idea where she gets that. It is definitely not from DH or I! We aren't generally the complaining type! Her pre-school teacher said she thought she would be either a CEO or a movie star someday! If she demands to see a manager after Enchanted Tales with Belle, I may let her go to Guest Services and file a complaint this time!

That's an awesome story. I do hope you'll unleash her on the powers that be next time.

Not much she could have done to stop the closing of Snow White. But it would not be hard to tweak things to allow her and others to meet Belle in a reasonable fashion.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #81
annacali
DIS Veteran

FWIW, when we saw ETWB last Friday, one of the Dads who participated did pick up his small daughter to join him for the pic with Belle. The pics were not especially rushed---one little boy got caught up in hugging Belle and rushed off before the photographer could catch them together and he was called back for a second chance. He took two pics of each of my two girls with Belle in addition to those taken during the story. There are no autographs, or long conversations, but Belle did do a little chatting here and there--it is in front of an audience, so personal conversation is limited. The pics all go on one "event" photopass card so everyone gets all the pictures of the show. It would be quite easy for an adult with a shy or small child to participate together---in our show there were 2 brothers who were going to be "Maurice" together. It was a wonderful Belle too.

The line does move very slowly...40 people at a time is a generous guess, 25 was more my guess.
annacali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #82
Legendteri
Mouseketeer

Ok, so let me see if I have this right. So during the CM only previews, meeting Belle in her gold ballgown won't be possible anywhere in the MK ? Am I understanding this right ?
Legendteri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #83
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by annacali View Post
FWIW, when we saw ETWB last Friday, one of the Dads who participated did pick up his small daughter to join him for the pic with Belle. The pics were not especially rushed---one little boy got caught up in hugging Belle and rushed off before the photographer could catch them together and he was called back for a second chance. He took two pics of each of my two girls with Belle in addition to those taken during the story. There are no autographs, or long conversations, but Belle did do a little chatting here and there--it is in front of an audience, so personal conversation is limited. The pics all go on one "event" photopass card so everyone gets all the pictures of the show. It would be quite easy for an adult with a shy or small child to participate together---in our show there were 2 brothers who were going to be "Maurice" together. It was a wonderful Belle too.

The line does move very slowly...40 people at a time is a generous guess, 25 was more my guess.
This is disgusting. I'm a disney stock holder and i wonder what were they thinking. I love Belle and know that there are alot of other people who love her too. I guest i will have to see her in Epcot or take another cruise.I'm just going to have to write about this enchanted tales with Belle. I had such high hopes only to be dashed. Mabey if enough of us write they will have another M&G>
2013 WDW Royal Guest @Port Orleans Riverside. 2012WDW @ Royal Guest Port Orleans Riverside Disney Cruise line The Fantasy. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French Quarter. 2002 WDW Port Orleans Riverside, Disney cruise line The Wonder.2007 Disneyland@ The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise Hotel. 2000 Disneyland @ The Disneyland Hotel. 1999 1998,1996 Disneyland off sight hotels.
A proud Disney Stockholder
A Proud Seahawk Fan 2014 Super bowl Champions
A Seattle Mariner fan
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #84
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendteri View Post
Ok, so let me see if I have this right. So during the CM only previews, meeting Belle in her gold ballgown won't be possible anywhere in the MK ? Am I understanding this right ?
Yes that's what it seems at this stage.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #85
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annacali View Post

Thanks so much for your report. Maybe they're trying to slow it down a bit????? (fingers crossed).

I'd love to hear more reports. With it operating every day now, hopefully more folks will chime in.

Quote:
My understanding is that Belle is now out of the TST and CRT rotations. So previews or no........ Storytime is it. That is not slated to change at all as far as I know. If you go when they're doing CM previews and it's closed again to the public, you could just be completely out of luck. I'd like to think they'd stick Belle out behind the castle or something for those folks, but they don't seem to like to do that for whatever reason. I personally LOVE having characters out and about as part of the scenery, whether I'm getting in line or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickprincess View Post
This is disgusting. I'm a disney stock holder and i wonder what were they thinking. I love Belle and know that there are alot of other people who love her too. I guest i will have to see her in Epcot or take another cruise.I'm just going to have to write about this enchanted tales with Belle. I had such high hopes only to be dashed. Mabey if enough of us write they will have another M&G>
I do hope that you (and others) will indeed take a moment to write in. I have to think that in this time of change they are probably watching closely to see how this goes over.

It just seems so crazy to have her with a lower profile just as her new section of the park is opening.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #86
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
.......... and there is no plan for that changing. This is the new normal..... which is why we need people writing in.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #87
Legendteri
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
Well all I can say is that I am glad we aren't paying a truckload of money for the BBB now. I can't imagine her disappointment if we gotten her all done up, all for for a pic with Belle in matching outfits, only to be told "Nope, sorry, can't see Belle today, or for another two weeks for that matter."

But my goodness, there is going to be a lot of furious parents out there when they find out they won't be able to see Belle at all at the magic kingdom. Especailly after paying a small fortune to see their daughters and Belle in matching dresses.

I am still going to write. This whole set up stinks.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #88
Legendteri
Mouseketeer

Ok, just sent Disney an email stating how unhappy I am about the current meet and greet situation.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #89
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Like any experience in WDW, it's only a big deal to a kid if the parent makes it a big deal. On my trip in August I made a big deal out of meeting characters, going to PL and BBB, and character meals. Had not done any of those my kids would not have known any better, thus not be disappointed about missing something.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #90
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

Belle

Quote:
Ok, just sent Disney an email stating how unhappy I am about the current meet and greet situation.
I also just sent Robert Igor an email as well as disney. This is just not right. People pay huge amounts of money to see Belle. I may just have to go another cruise at least there i knew that she would be there and at what time.
2013 WDW Royal Guest @Port Orleans Riverside. 2012WDW @ Royal Guest Port Orleans Riverside Disney Cruise line The Fantasy. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French Quarter. 2002 WDW Port Orleans Riverside, Disney cruise line The Wonder.2007 Disneyland@ The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise Hotel. 2000 Disneyland @ The Disneyland Hotel. 1999 1998,1996 Disneyland off sight hotels.
A proud Disney Stockholder
A Proud Seahawk Fan 2014 Super bowl Champions
A Seattle Mariner fan
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: