Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #211
kennythepirate
Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
Toy Story Mania MASTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

I guess the perplexing part of this is......... why not just make he announcement that if you want a photo with Belle, you should join the line?
I would bet that the photo op portion of this experience is very short lived.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:25 AM   #212
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennythepirate View Post
I would bet that the photo op portion of this experience is very short lived.
You mean once word gets out that you can indeed get a photo?

This whole thing really is pretty silly.

It seems to me that they have been trying to make a round peg fit in a square hole. This attraction just isn't set up to meet the demand for a traditional meet & greet. And no, it is not billed as a meet & greet. I could tell from the first video I saw that this small part was uncomfortably rushed. I assume that's because they need Belle to get over to the next group. I understand that. They need to keep things moving so people aren't next complaining about the long waits to see ETWB.

But then I'm right back to my original question......... who's bright idea was it to remove Belle from TST?
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 08:03 AM   #213
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to see ETWB, it looks amazing. If they had left Belle at TST, I wouldn't have any issue with this. Now that they have taken her out of the CRT line up and she won't be at the Christmas party.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post

It seems to me that they have been trying to make a round peg fit in a square hole. This attraction just isn't set up to meet the demand for a traditional meet & greet. And no, it is not billed as a meet & greet. I could tell from the first video I saw that this small part was uncomfortably rushed. I assume that's because they need Belle to get over to the next group. I understand that. They need to keep things moving so people aren't next complaining about the long waits to see ETWB.

But then I'm right back to my original question......... who's bright idea was it to remove Belle from TST?

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #214
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess the perplexing part of this is......... why not just make he announcement that if you want a photo with Belle, you should join the line?
My guess is because ETwB is not a meet & greet. If you announce "if you want a photo with Belle, please line up here", then you're turning it into a meet & greet. Which it's not.

It would also greatly increase the amount of time the audience stays in the room and the amount of time that Belle is "on stage". Making it difficult to keep a regular operational show flow going as well as making sure Belle gets her breaks. In this case, the performer portraying Belle is not a regular character performer, she's an Equity actress. Which means different rules re: breaks, show matrix, role, etc. It's basically the same reason that they don't do meet & greets at the end of B&TB or VoLM.

Quote:

Actually, I think it's the guests who are trying to make a round peg fit in a square hole, not Disney. Disney never said "we're building a meet & greet", but guests keep trying to turn this into one and then getting angry when it isn't one.

As for removing Belle from TST -- I imagine it was because she'd be doing shows pretty much in a constant rotation in Fantasyland, and you can't really tell a guest that they can have a FP to meet Belle at 2:40 when she has an ETwB show scheduled at 2:30. I suppose you could just not offer FPs during the times that Belle is "on stage" over in the Beast's castle, but then you're pretty much taking her out of TST for the bulk of the day anyway. TST was going to have to lose a princess anyway when they moved Rapunzel in there, and Belle was the one who "lost" based on her having a featured show location in Fantasyland. I know you don't like that answer or that logic, but I'm also fairly certain that the Character department didn't do it on a whim.

Last edited by WDSearcher; 10-26-2012 at 08:44 AM.
WDSearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #215
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

They don't need to turn ETWB into a meet and greet, they need to have her available at other places in MK. This seems to be the big issue. It's not the actual set up of ETWB, it's the fact they have given Belle her own area and yet have if difficult to meet her by removing her completely from MK anywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDSearcher View Post
My guess is because ETwB is not a meet & greet. If you announce "if you want a photo with Belle, please line up here", then you're turning it into a meet & greet. Which it's not.

It would also greatly increase the amount of time the audience stays in the room and the amount of time that Belle is "on stage". Making it difficult to keep a regular operational show flow going as well as making sure Belle gets her breaks. In this case, the performer portraying Belle is not a regular character performer, she's an Equity actress. Which means different rules re: breaks, show matrix, role, etc. It's basically the same reason that they don't do meet & greets at the end of B&TB or VoLM.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Old 10-26-2012, 08:41 AM   #216
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I totally agree.

I don't need an ETWB meet & greet. I just want a Belle meet & greet somewhere in the MK.

Nobody would be trying to turn this into a meet & greet if they hadn't completely emptied the park of this opportunity.

I just don't like that the people wanting a meet & greet in the MK at the moment Belle's village opens are painted as unreasonable and demanding. I think the real question is...... why would they think that was a good idea?
Old 10-26-2012, 08:44 AM   #217
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I totally agree.

I don't need an ETWB meet & greet. I just want a Belle meet & greet somewhere in the MK.

Nobody would be trying to turn this into a meet & greet if they hadn't completely emptied the park of this opportunity.

I just don't like that the people wanting a meet & greet in the MK at the moment Belle's village opens are painted as unreasonable and demanding. I think the real question is...... why would they think that was a good idea?
I was thinking the exact same thing! Obviously you and I are on the same page. I simply don't understand why Belle and Beast have been considered so popular that they should have an entire new area dedicated to them and yet Belle has been removed from everywhere else at MK and it appears (at this stage) Beast won't be easily available either except at BOG dinner

Old 10-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #218
longing4disney
Mouseketeer

It seems that I am the only one happy that Belle is not at CRT and TST, and we will get to meet Jasmine/ Rapunzel instead which will be great! We have no issue with only meeting Belle at Epcot.

I think the prob is that when people are comfortable and familiar with something, they don't like to change. Change management is always most difficult for companies, in this case, Disney. This is a case of change management badly executed perhaps

May 1996 : Offsite, Disneyland, CA
Nov 2007 : Contemporary, WDW
Jun 2010 : Disneyland Hotel, HK Disneyland
Nov 2012 : The Poly, WDW
longing4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #219
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Actually, I think it's the guests who are trying to make a round peg fit in a square hole, not Disney. Disney never said "we're building a meet & greet", but guests keep trying to turn this into one and then getting angry when it isn't one.

As for removing Belle from TST -- I imagine it was because she'd be doing shows pretty much in a constant rotation in Fantasyland, and you can't really tell a guest that they can have a FP to meet Belle at 2:40 when she has an ETwB show scheduled at 2:30. I suppose you could just not offer FPs during the times that Belle is "on stage" over in the Beast's castle, but then you're pretty much taking her out of TST for the bulk of the day anyway. TST was going to have to lose a princess anyway when they moved Rapunzel in there, and Belle was the one who "lost" based on her having a featured show location in Fantasyland. I know you don't like that answer or that logic, but I'm also fairly certain that the Character department didn't do it on a whim.

THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one who got this is not billed as a meet and greet. I hope they don't change this show. It is cute and fun and seems to be enjoyed by everyone (in the shows I have been too). The library is awesome, the details amazing!
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #220
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one who got this is not billed as a meet and greet. I hope they don't change this show. It is cute and fun and seems to be enjoyed by everyone (in the shows I have been too). The library is awesome, the details amazing!
Lots of us understand this. But to take away the actual and bonafide Belle M&G at the same time that this starts up could create confusion, no?

I am with everyone else who stated that there should still be an actual Belle M&G in MK since, you know, they made this whole new area to showcase her story.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #221
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Do you think I'm going to throw a fit if we go to ETWB and don't get a photo or something? If so, then I'm sorry I left that impression. I would never be anything but gracious in the park. I'm sorry if you think otherwise.

We're having a discussion about this, which I think is a good thing, as it helps to manage expectations when people finally do get to experience this attraction.

I do get the character integrity issues this has presented. I hadn't considered the impact that fastpass itself would have. But I think they're sort of splitting hairs when you can see Ariel at CRT then walk right over to see her in her grotto.

I was disappointed in this change, not "angry".

The MVMCP change? Yeah, I'll fess up. That one ticked me off.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #222
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

I'm really surprised that so many people seem to have difficulty grasping the concept of why people are bothered? No one has said that ETWB was promoted as a meet and greet. What people ARE angry about is the fact that Belle is impossible to meet for an autograph and a proper meet and greet an MK. There would be NO issue if she was still available at MK.

As for the argument about the FP coinciding with Belle doing her show, you can also get a FP to meet Mickey when the 3PM parade is on. You can also still meet the TST Princesses when the Parade is on as well the the Dream Along with Mickey Show so that argument doesn't really work given Disneys current stance on the same issue. The only thing you won't see in the parks in seeing the same character twice from the same area. Snow White doesn't meet on Main St when Dream Along with Mickey is on, she used to swap out with Mary Poppins.

Quote:

Old 10-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #223
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing4disney View Post
It seems that I am the only one happy that Belle is not at CRT and TST, and we will get to meet Jasmine/ Rapunzel instead which will be great! We have no issue with only meeting Belle at Epcot.

I think the prob is that when people are comfortable and familiar with something, they don't like to change. Change management is always most difficult for companies, in this case, Disney. This is a case of change management badly executed perhaps
I'm glad you found a silver lining.

And I do hope the Epcot option works out for others. It just doesn't work for us, as we are only spending a short day there, and I promised my husband no character meets that day.

Believe it or not, some people don't make it to Epcot at all. And some people dont go to Akershus. And perhaps some who arrive at the MK already had their Epcot day earlier in the trip.

Believe it or not, we'll come through this just fine. I'm glad I know the ins and the outs of this heading in. But I think there will be an awful lot of folks heading into the MK with an exectation that there is a meet & greet with Belle like there has been ever since we started going. And now there is not.

And I also think there will be an awful lot of folks heading to MVMCP with no idea their favorite holiday meet & greet is gone. I'm glad that at least if they checked in here, they will know ahead of time.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #224
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing4disney View Post

I'm not disappointed because I'm comfortable with the current set up. I'm disappointed because they have more or less removed the ability to meet Belle now at MK. If they had to take her out of CRT, they could have had Belle meet at least a few times a day elsewhere at MK. If Belle is SO popular they made her an entire new attraction, why is she now even MORE difficult to meet? And now Beast has been removed from EPCOT and for the time being, it looks like you will need to have a reservation for dinner to even meet him. I'm surprised that so many people don't seem to understand why people are bothered.

I'm glad the new changes will work for some people. This won't stop us going to CRT (we like Jasmine, can't stand Rapunzel but that's a whole side issue If Rapunzel WAS the official replacement we would probably never do CRT! Jasmine will be the official replacement with Rapunzel the fill in)

Old 10-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #225
longing4disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm glad you found a silver lining.

And I do hope the Epcot option works out for others. It just doesn't work for us, as we are only spending a short day there, and I promised my husband no character meets that day.

Believe it or not, some people don't make it to Epcot at all. And some people dont go to Akershus. And perhaps some who arrive at the MK already had their Epcot day earlier in the trip.

Believe it or not, we'll come through this just fine. I'm glad I know the ins and the outs of this heading in. But I think there will be an awful lot of folks heading into the MK with an exectation that there is a meet & greet with Belle like there has been ever since we started going. And now there is not.

And I also think there will be an awful lot of folks heading to MVMCP with no idea their favorite holiday meet & greet is gone. I'm glad that at least if they checked in here, they will know ahead of time.
Yes, so difficult for people who are not informed, such disappointments too.....WDW are once in a lifetime trips for many visitors of the US and many just don't get the most out of their trip because they are not well informed about the possibilities.
I'm just so glad I found DIS!! So even someone like me who only visits the US and WDW once in many years can get up to date and plan a fruitful trip!
Because I found this thread, I am keeping my Akershus ADR so that we get to meet Belle.

May 1996 : Offsite, Disneyland, CA
Nov 2007 : Contemporary, WDW
Jun 2010 : Disneyland Hotel, HK Disneyland
Nov 2012 : The Poly, WDW
longing4disney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: