Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #196
EnchantedTales
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDSearcher View Post
Two years ago people were all up in arms because the cookies were "nasty". So this year, they get new cookies. Just because a change means nothing to you doesn't mean that it means nothing period. Maybe next year, you'll get Belle in her red dress back.

There seems to be this belief that if Disney doesn't instantly solve the problem or if the person who called back doesn't provide the exact answer the guest wanted, then Disney doesn't care and is useless. But really -- what were you expecting when you talked to the Guest Correspondance person? That she would instanty say, "Well you know ...you're right. We're going to put Belle back in TST immediately and get that old red dress out of mothballs! Thank goodness you wrote!"

You took the time to write and they took the time to call you back. Disney gets that this is important to you. Whether or not your comments cause any changes regarding these two issues will largely depend on whether your opinions are part of the majority or the minority. I imagine there are also people out there who aren't as fond of Belle and are perfectly okay with her not being at TST any more.

With all do respect I don't think it's the instant gratification of getting the answer they want what some folks are upset about. I think it's the frustration that comes from the fact that in previous experiences something that is really, really important for guests has been taken away and their complaints have fallen in deaf ears, at least in regards of the characters. Belle in her Christmas outfit it's such a hot picture for guests that quite honestly I shudder to see how folks are going to react when they realize she's not going to be available in that dress. I can't count how many folks would say that it was the only reason for them to come to the xmas party. Maybe to us is just an old dress but for others it was the only reason to pay the ticket.
In fact many people found disappointing that while Belle had a xmas outfit the other princess didn't. Christmas is a special time and there are few characters left with winter outfits. People like that sort of thing. If there is one thing I have realized is that folks love getting pictures of the characters in different outfits. The rides don't play dress up, but the characters, the shops, and the ambiance does and that's what people come to see. Just my .02 cents.

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

"Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
EnchantedTales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #197
kennythepirate
Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
Toy Story Mania MASTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom
Where is the M&G with Cinderella, Prince Charming and the Tremaines?
It's been two years since we've been to MVMCP and have never met them all together. DGrD would LOVE that!

PS: I am glad to see that so many people took the time to voice their concerns over ETwB and now they are tweaking the ending so everyone can get a photo.
During the morning they meet behind the castle. At mnsshp they meet in hub
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #198
jaleaton
I walked into a Target bathroom and it smelled like Disney World!

As with all things Disney, it seems several of us are getting different responses. I had emailed about Belle, got an email back for my phone number, and got a call today. The lady I spoke to made it sound as if Belle would be meeting in her red dress probably in the month of December in Epcot, and that it would be likely that Beast would appear with her. She also said that Enchanted Tales with Belle would go on during the party. She mentioned Cinderella/Prince Charming along with the Tremaines would all meet together, and mentioned that Merida and Rapunzel would be out as well.

She also reassured me that all feedback is still being sent on to the the entertainment department. I'm hoping Disney has open ears on this because it seems it's a large area of disappointment.
June 2006:Engaged at WDW, July 2007:Honeymoon at CBR, Oct. 2008:POFQ & 1st MNSSHP, Jan. 2009:OKW & VWL w/ Kayla87 & TKTommy, Oct. 2009: 1st Trip as DVC Members @ BLT w/ Kayla87 & TKTommy (Isabelle's 1st Trip), June 2010: AKL , May 2011: BLT, June 2011: OKW,November 2012: BLT (Juliet's 1st Trip) October 2013: BLT, January 2014: AKL,May 2014: Boardwalk,
jaleaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #199
AlixaLock
Mouseketeer

I hate to hear that people are disappointed at Disney! I know how much money and time and love goes into planning these trips and when it doesn't go as planned it just plain sucks!!

That being said, I have to add that (in my very humble opinion) I just don't get it. It's seems like there are going to be plenty of opportunities to meet and interact with Belle if one really wants to. But the only reason I'm even posting this comment is to add some perspective ... with all due respect even a very vocal majority on the DIS does not equate to a majority of Disney park goers. Everyone should voice their opinions to Disney, but I wouldn't necessarily except changes ... Again, just my opinion and I'm really sorry to anyone who's plans have gone awry due to the changes!

Are you nuts? It's Spring Break at the Grand Flo, March, 2015! Blowout Trip for Seven to the GF Villas! August, 2014! Surprise! You are going to the Denstist trip to the Beach Club, February, 2014! Halloween Birthday Party, 2013 at the Contemporary! January, 2013 our last off season getaway at the Grand Floridian! June 9-18, 2012 Summer at the Bay Lake Tower! October 5-11, 2011 Food and Wine/MNSSHP at The Grand Flo; Jan/Feb 2011 Polynesian Dream Trip; June 2010 Grand Californian Dreaming (DL); March 2009 Boardwalk with Baby; May 2008 Baby meets Mickey at the Grand Californian (DL); January 2007 Grand Floridian, Dec 2005 Christmas at the Beach Club; 2003 Caribbean Beach ... 1974-1995 ..... Disneyland, Disneyland, Disneyland ...
AlixaLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #200
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennythepirate View Post
Beast isn't coming back to Epcot anytime soon.
Actually they hinted to me that Beast might come out at Epcot in Christmas attire with Belle to sort of make up for MVMCP. That really doesn't help me out since we're not dining at Akershus and are actually just planning part of one day there. Besides, my daughter was wearing her red Belle gown to MVMCP, not Epcot. So that was the photo op we were really looking for.

However, since they were so vague about when and if this would happen, it really doesn't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
Where is the M&G with Cinderella, Prince Charming and the Tremaines?
It's been two years since we've been to MVMCP and have never met them all together. DGrD would LOVE that!

PS: I am glad to see that so many people took the time to voice their concerns over ETwB and now they are tweaking the ending so everyone can get a photo.
Last year was the first year the Tremaines appeared together for the big group photo. Last year they were in the old stroller parking lot by the skyway, so that will have to change this year. The photo in my signature was taken at TST though. They moved indoors the night we were there because of rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedTales View Post
With all do respect I don't think it's the instant gratification of getting the answer they want what some folks are upset about. I think it's the frustration that comes from the fact that in previous experiences something that is really, really important for guests has been taken away and their complaints have fallen in deaf ears, at least in regards of the characters. Belle in her Christmas outfit it's such a hot picture for guests that quite honestly I shudder to see how folks are going to react when they realize she's not going to be available in that dress. I can't count how many folks would say that it was the only reason for them to come to the xmas party. Maybe to us is just an old dress but for others it was the only reason to pay the ticket.
In fact many people found disappointing that while Belle had a xmas outfit the other princess didn't. Christmas is a special time and there are few characters left with winter outfits. People like that sort of thing. If there is one thing I have realized is that folks love getting pictures of the characters in different outfits. The rides don't play dress up, but the characters, the shops, and the ambiance does and that's what people come to see. Just my .02 cents.
Thank you for helping describe how I feel about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaleaton View Post
As with all things Disney, it seems several of us are getting different responses. I had emailed about Belle, got an email back for my phone number, and got a call today. The lady I spoke to made it sound as if Belle would be meeting in her red dress probably in the month of December in Epcot, and that it would be likely that Beast would appear with her. She also said that Enchanted Tales with Belle would go on during the party. She mentioned Cinderella/Prince Charming along with the Tremaines would all meet together, and mentioned that Merida and Rapunzel would be out as well.

She also reassured me that all feedback is still being sent on to the the entertainment department. I'm hoping Disney has open ears on this because it seems it's a large area of disappointment.
Actually, none of that is much different from what I was told.

Se didn't mention Merida and Rapunzel, but I had already assumed they would be out at the party. The addition of Merida this year just does not excite me either, as she is readily available during the day in the park.

I was also told there was a chance Beast could be out in new Fantasyland during the party, but that talk all seemed rather vague, and I think she said if he was he wouldn't be in his Christmas finery. We're actually dining at BOG our party night, so I assume we'll be seeing him already. Although it would be cool to see him outside near his castle.

I did take the opportunity to remind her that they didn't offer seatings at BOG past 5:30 on party nights, so a photo op in his castle would be nice.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:19 AM   #201
tarrbear
DIS Veteran

When I did ETwB you did have to participate in the show in order to get a photograph I noticed a few confused parents on the way out. Without a doubt ETwB is adorable, but I don't see why they still can't have another Belle greet somewhere in the park.

Because if I am remembering correctly when we go through the mirror we are going back to the day Belle and the Beast fell in love so technically you're going back in time so having Belle elsewhere in the park would not mess with Character Integrity....

Well tomorrow I have my cast preview so I'll see if anything is changed, and considering it will be mostly adults I might as well go ahead and volunteer to participate tomorrow morning XD
Old 10-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #202
PaigeDad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennythepirate View Post
Beast isn't coming back to Epcot anytime soon.
@ kenny - thanks (great site BTW!).

One of the first things she said was go to France in Epcot to meet the Beast and Belle (because I had actually asked about MVMCP). Then I pressed her a little (based on a previous thread you and I were in) and brought up the discussion from some disney boards that he was gone from Epcot. Honestly, she sounded like she just wasn't in the know, and told me basically anything that's not on disney official website is just a rumor. She was very very nice and wished me magic, but I don't hold out much hope. I trust your site and the boards... even if it doesn't tell me what I want to hear, it helps set realistic expectations. I can't imagine how disappotined DD would be if we had built it up that for sure she was meeting the Beast and then found out at the park. That's why these boards are so great. thanks again.

Last edited by PaigeDad; 10-25-2012 at 08:22 AM.
PaigeDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #203
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaigeDad View Post
@ kenny - thanks (great site BTW!).

One of the first things she said was go to France in Epcot to meet the Beast and Belle (because I had actually asked about MVMCP). Then I pressed her a little (based on a previous thread you and I were in) and brought up the discussion from some disney boards that he was gone from Epcot. Honestly, she sounded like she just wasn't in the know, and told me basically anything that's not on disney official website is just a rumor. She was very very nice and wished me magic, but I don't hold out much hope. I trust your site and the boards... even if it doesn't tell me what I want to hear, it helps set realistic expectations. I can't imagine how disappotined DD would be if we had built it up that for sure she was meeting the Beast and then found out at the park. That's why these boards are so great. thanks again.
I agree she sounded sort of vague about the Beast at Epcot. I was left after the conversation feeling pretty skeptical about that. It left me wondering if it was something they were considering doing if the complaints got out of hand, but were hoping they wouldn't have to. Pure conjecture on my part.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #204
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

We did ETwB on Sunday, October 14th as well. The CMs did pick children (and a few adults) to play parts, but then told anyone else who wanted a part that they could pick one (no one did). There were plenty of extra cutouts in the Wardrobe.

After we moved into the library and did the story, and the kids started to line up, the CMs said that anyone who didn't participate in the story but still wanted a pic with Belle could come forward. In our group, three younger kids (2 year olds and under, including my son) did come forward, and one mom. They all got a chance to meet and hug Belle, and left with a bookmark as well.

I didn't find the character interaction with Belle to be any more rushed than a traditional M&G, which if you're doing with a popular character and there's a line, doesn't last long at all. She said a few things to each of my kids, and gave a few hugs. I let the Photopass photographer handle the photos because the lighting in the library isn't great and my little P&S doesn't do that well in low light, but there were a few people who got up to take their own photos. Again, no one complained and no one stopped them.

So, maybe we just got a good experience with a good CM, or maybe they're specifically trying different ways of doing this attraction in order to guage how it's going to work best when they open for real. This was right after the FLE opened on the 14th, and I think that we were probably only the second or third group through the cottage that day. Remember, all of us who have participated so far were lucky enough to do so during "Dress Rehearsals." They're still trying things on for size to see how it's going to work.

And FWIW...that day we had Cinderella, Ariel, Aurora, Snow White, and Jasmine at CRT, which was a little confusing because we'd JUST met Ariel in her mermaid form before we walked over to the castle for lunch.
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #205
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtowntoflorida View Post
We did ETwB on Sunday, October 14th as well. The CMs did pick children (and a few adults) to play parts, but then told anyone else who wanted a part that they could pick one (no one did). There were plenty of extra cutouts in the Wardrobe.

After we moved into the library and did the story, and the kids started to line up, the CMs said that anyone who didn't participate in the story but still wanted a pic with Belle could come forward. In our group, three younger kids (2 year olds and under, including my son) did come forward, and one mom. They all got a chance to meet and hug Belle, and left with a bookmark as well.

I didn't find the character interaction with Belle to be any more rushed than a traditional M&G, which if you're doing with a popular character and there's a line, doesn't last long at all. She said a few things to each of my kids, and gave a few hugs. I let the Photopass photographer handle the photos because the lighting in the library isn't great and my little P&S doesn't do that well in low light, but there were a few people who got up to take their own photos. Again, no one complained and no one stopped them.

So, maybe we just got a good experience with a good CM, or maybe they're specifically trying different ways of doing this attraction in order to guage how it's going to work best when they open for real. This was right after the FLE opened on the 14th, and I think that we were probably only the second or third group through the cottage that day. Remember, all of us who have participated so far were lucky enough to do so during "Dress Rehearsals." They're still trying things on for size to see how it's going to work.

And FWIW...that day we had Cinderella, Ariel, Aurora, Snow White, and Jasmine at CRT, which was a little confusing because we'd JUST met Ariel in her mermaid form before we walked over to the castle for lunch.
I wish they said that anyone could take a picture with her at ours that same day. But at least it looks like they are adding that line for the CMs to say which is great for when it officially opens

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV- October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!* UPCOMING: December 2015- BLT
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #206
ghtx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtowntoflorida View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelA View Post
I wish they said that anyone could take a picture with her at ours that same day. But at least it looks like they are adding that line for the CMs to say which is great for when it officially opens
We did it last Wednesday (Oct. 17th), three days after PP. They did not tell us to line up if we wanted a picture taken, but I just lined up. I think it was pretty obvious that that's what you should have done if you wanted your picture taken (at least one other person did so too). I agree it would be better if they always made an announcement that anyone could line up; I could see how someone would not know the procedure.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #207
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
I agree it would be better if they always made an announcement that anyone could line up; I could see how someone would not know the procedure.
I guess the perplexing part of this is......... why not just make he announcement that if you want a photo with Belle, you should join the line?
Old 10-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #208
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

I follow one of Belle's character handlers on twitter. He said if you want a picture and were not part of the show, ask the character handler.
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #209
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
I follow one of Belle's character handlers on twitter. He said if you want a picture and were not part of the show, ask the character handler.
Makes sense, but this should be made clear by CMs at the time that this is an option.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #210
kennythepirate
Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
Toy Story Mania MASTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday
You'll need to ask quickly while they are still shooting, because she leaves very quickly after photos

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: