Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #181
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennythepirate View Post
Give us Scrooge back too!
Where do I sign the petition?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #182
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennythepirate View Post
. Give us Scrooge back too!
Just one of many pieces of MVMCP that have been taken away with very little give-back.

But we apparently get more cookie choices this year.......
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #183
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
I had no problem taking a picture of my 2-year-old with Belle at ETwB last week. I didn't experience anything like "chaos" or a "race." Maybe you had a bad group?
Same...

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #184
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Well, that was the impression I got from the videos I saw. I kept telling her that everything I saw looked awesome, but that the part at the end just looked awkward and comically rushed. She told me to just watch and she was sure I'd be pleasantly surprised. I guess I'm just hoping they have tweaked it since the videos I saw posted.

When did you go?
We were there on Sunday the 14th.

And yes technically you could take a picture of your child with Belle over the photopass photographer's shoulders, but if every single person in line tried to get the photographer to move so they could take their own picture, then it would have taken forever and the wait times would skyrocket when they are already going to be high. ETA: Plus the CMs at ours truly were rushing things along.

I guess my whole complaint is that they need to have both ETWB AND to have her meet in TST. My favorite part of our trip last week was all the character interaction we had. One quick photo in a crowd of people with Belle is not that same as what you get if you met her in TST.

But I'm booking Akershus for our May trip so I can get a nice non-rushed picture of DD (in her Belle dress) with Belle. We would never be eating there before they removed her from TST so I guess in the end Disney is winning and making more money off of us

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV Upcoming Trip: October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!*
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #185
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelA View Post

And yes technically you could take a picture of your child with Belle over the photopass photographer's shoulders, but if every single person in line tried to get the photographer to move so they could take their own picture, then it would have taken forever and the wait times would skyrocket when they are already going to be high. ETA: Plus the CMs at ours truly were rushing things along.

I guess my whole complaint is that they need to have both ETWB AND to have her meet in TST. My favorite part of our trip last week was all the character interaction we had. One quick photo in a crowd of people with Belle is not that same as what you get if you met her in TST.

But I'm booking Akershus for our May trip so I can get a nice non-rushed picture of DD (in her Belle dress) with Belle. We would never be eating there before they removed her from TST so I guess in the end Disney is winning and making more money off of us
I guess it will just be what it is when we go. Akershus is not an option for us. We didn't plan on it this trip and it's completely booked so no chance of adding it.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #186
twopearls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelA View Post

RachaelA, we also did new Belle tales on 10/14. I was happy they had a photopass guy in there. I did snap a few shots, but I wasn't sitting in a great place for it, so the photopass ones are better. I did pre-order my photopass plus CD. We did this attraction at probably 9:15 or 9:30AM...maybe I have a photo of your child? What character?
twopearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #187
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just one of many pieces of MVMCP that have been taken away with very little give-back.

Two years ago people were all up in arms because the cookies were "nasty". So this year, they get new cookies. Just because a change means nothing to you doesn't mean that it means nothing period. Maybe next year, you'll get Belle in her red dress back.

There seems to be this belief that if Disney doesn't instantly solve the problem or if the person who called back doesn't provide the exact answer the guest wanted, then Disney doesn't care and is useless. But really -- what were you expecting when you talked to the Guest Correspondance person? That she would instanty say, "Well you know ...you're right. We're going to put Belle back in TST immediately and get that old red dress out of mothballs! Thank goodness you wrote!"

You took the time to write and they took the time to call you back. Disney gets that this is important to you. Whether or not your comments cause any changes regarding these two issues will largely depend on whether your opinions are part of the majority or the minority. I imagine there are also people out there who aren't as fond of Belle and are perfectly okay with her not being at TST any more.

WDSearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #188
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDSearcher View Post
Two years ago people were all up in arms because the cookies were "nasty". So this year, they get new cookies. Just because a change means nothing to you doesn't mean that it means nothing period. Maybe next year, you'll get Belle in her red dress back.

There seems to be this belief that if Disney doesn't instantly solve the problem or if the person who called back doesn't provide the exact answer the guest wanted, then Disney doesn't care and is useless. But really -- what were you expecting when you talked to the Guest Correspondance person? That she would instanty say, "Well you know ...you're right. We're going to put Belle back in TST immediately and get that old red dress out of mothballs! Thank goodness you wrote!"

You took the time to write and they took the time to call you back. Disney gets that this is important to you. Whether or not your comments cause any changes regarding these two issues will largely depend on whether your opinions are part of the majority or the minority. I imagine there are also people out there who aren't as fond of Belle and are perfectly okay with her not being at TST any more.

No, I actually was hoping they would say that the rumor was unfounded.

And since I don't think we'll be back at WDW next year, I'm not sure that fixing it next year will help me out.

But yes, believe it or not, I do get that it's not entirely about me. So I do hope they fix it for all the other Belle fans out there.

As I said, I felt better just making my feelings known and it will be what it is.

And honestly, it would never cross my mind to write Disney about the cookies being nasty. I'd just stop by the bakery and buy one I really liked. But there must have been a decent number who did complain if it was important enough to make the change and announce it with such fanfare.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:25 PM   #189
PaigeDad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyasiegel View Post
Well here is the detailed email that I got today regarding Belle...pretty much the same as Mom2trk reported in her phone call.

Once again, thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We value your loyalty to the Disney brand and appreciate the opportunity to address your concern regarding character offerings at our parks, specifically with Belle. The Walt Disney Company strives to provide the best possible entertainment experience for our Guests. We have heard from our Guests that they want a variety of Character experiences, including those that are visible in parades and shows, those that are scheduled with specific times and locations, and those that are unadvertised and just seem to ‘happen’ around the parks. The opportunity to have a planned meet and greet, or impromptu meeting with one of our legendary Disney Characters has been and will continue to be a staple in our entertainment offerings. Our entertainment offerings may vary from day to day based on weather, crowds, and other factors, but will always be present in our theme parks.

While Belle and Beast are not scheduled to appear in their Holiday attire at this years Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, coming in December to the Magic Kingdom Park will be Enchanted Tales with Belle. This adventure begins at Maurice’s cottage, where you’ll step through an enchanted mirror that magically transports you to Beast’s library for an interactive storytelling session with Belle. Belle will also continue to appear at Epcot for meet and greets in France as well as Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall.

In addition, there are several new experiences being added to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, including:

A new pre-parade experience - The Kringle Krew

A new Dance Party at Cosmic Rays - Club Tinsel

Exclusive meet and greets with Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine and the Step Sisters together

Additional Cookie Offering

An exclusive Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom spell card, just for our Party Guests

Thank you again for sharing your comments. You may be assured your feedback has been shared with the appropriate leadership. We look forward to providing a magical experience, rich in character interaction, upon your next visit.
I too received a phone call yesterday although my email was more about the Beast than Belle. I was asking if he would be appearing at the MVMCP since he had been removed from Epcot. I basically heard the same as others with maybe a little difference.

The super nice CM told me that Belle would not be appearing in her Christmas dress (but I could got to ETwB for her yellow dress), however I shouldn't rule out that the Beast might not be in the FLE near (or in) the BOG restaurant. She was non-commital, but very nice about it. When I told her that the Beast had been removed from Epcot (per some forums), she said there are a lot of rumors out there and you never know where Disney magic will appear (again, super nice but non-commital). She told me the best thing to do was to check with the consierge desk in the morning since there is a CM's characters hotline they can call to see who will be appearing (and where). They might be able to tell you for a couple days in advance but no promises. She said that it was possible (though not guaranteed that the Beast might be in France in Epcot, "you never know").

She said that she had had "many many" emails about Belle and the value of M&Gs. All in all, I appreciated the phone call and her kindness, although I don't hold out much hope for meeting the beast this year (she did mention BOG, and I said 'no luck with a dinner reservation', and she agreed she hadn't even been able to). That's just the way it goes. Still happy for the M&Gs with Merida as my DD loves her, but the Beast was going to be her Christmas card this year (we got the red dress for DD). Oh, well. Still happy and appreciated the phone call.
PaigeDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #190
arcurioa
Mouseketeer

Aren't they still planning the princess meet-n-greet in the old Snow White location. It is possible that this will be a moot point after that opens; although, I agree a little inconvenient at the moment.
arcurioa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #191
kennythepirate
Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
Toy Story Mania MASTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaigeDad

I too received a phone call yesterday although my email was more about the Beast than Belle. I was asking if he would be appearing at the MVMCP since he had been removed from Epcot. I basically heard the same as others with maybe a little difference.

The super nice CM told me that Belle would not be appearing in her Christmas dress (but I could got to ETwB for her yellow dress), however I shouldn't rule out that the Beast might not be in the FLE near (or in) the BOG restaurant. She was non-commital, but very nice about it. When I told her that the Beast had been removed from Epcot (per some forums), she said there are a lot of rumors out there and you never know where Disney magic will appear (again, super nice but non-commital). She told me the best thing to do was to check with the consierge desk in the morning since there is a CM's characters hotline they can call to see who will be appearing (and where). They might be able to tell you for a couple days in advance but no promises. She said that it was possible (though not guaranteed that the Beast might be in France in Epcot, "you never know").

She said that she had had "many many" emails about Belle and the value of M&Gs. All in all, I appreciated the phone call and her kindness, although I don't hold out much hope for meeting the beast this year (she did mention BOG, and I said 'no luck with a dinner reservation', and she agreed she hadn't even been able to). That's just the way it goes. Still happy for the M&Gs with Merida as my DD loves her, but the Beast was going to be her Christmas card this year (we got the red dress for DD). Oh, well. Still happy and appreciated the phone call.
Beast isn't coming back to Epcot anytime soon.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #192
kennythepirate
Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
Toy Story Mania MASTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcurioa
Aren't they still planning the princess meet-n-greet in the old Snow White location. It is possible that this will be a moot point after that opens; although, I agree a little inconvenient at the moment.
Princesses will move into new location next year, but no plans to add Belle there.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #193
Nixie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennythepirate

Princesses will move into new location next year, but no plans to add Belle there.
I am really bummed about Belle and Beast not being available for pictures during MVMCP. That was the one and only meet and greet I was interested during the party. I had already told hubby he was just gonna have to humor me. *pouts*

Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #194
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Where is the M&G with Cinderella, Prince Charming and the Tremaines?
It's been two years since we've been to MVMCP and have never met them all together. DGrD would LOVE that!

PS: I am glad to see that so many people took the time to voice their concerns over ETwB and now they are tweaking the ending so everyone can get a photo.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #195
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This is SO disappointing for us as well. Beast is my absolute favourite so it's disappointing he is becoming so difficult to meet now! Now that he and Belle won't even be appearing at the Christmas party is just wrong! It's not even like you'll be able to meet them in the Christmas attire at EPCOT.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: