Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #166
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter
 
Magpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,445

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
I think that all of the kids volunteered, but the CM might have chosen some adults to play the knights. My understanding is that anyone who wants a part can get one, although that might just apply to kids, not adults.
Which is exactly why I'd love to know if zeferjen volunteered, since she's clearly an adult and not playing a knight!
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #167
ktlm
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,451

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I don't remember the exact words, but it really was sort of like that. I did tell her it was so counterintuitive to create Belle's village at the same time they make her and the Beast harder to meet than ever before. I told her I was excited about the new attraction, but that I didn't understand why Belle had to come out of TST. She never did answer that.
They make an entire area for her in MK, yet there is no place anywhere in that park for a child to get her autograph or really even to hug her. I don't see them being able to tweak ETWB to fix that because that would slow things down to the point where it would create ridiculous lines. Honestly, we will see ETWB once to see the wardrobe and Lumiere, but after that all we want is to meet, hug get an autograph and talk to Belle every trip which unless they fix things clearly won't be happening in her town at MK...which makes no sense. Plus, I have a feeling we will have to explain to DD why she can get an autograph from Gaston in Belle's village, but can't get one from Belle.

Mom2rtk, you are good at campaigning and getting people to E-mail and write WDW- you got me to do it! Now that they have confirmed to you that Belle will not be appearing in her red Christmas dress with Beast during MVMCP, maybe you should start a new thread specifically alerting people of that and suggesting that they E-mail or write if they don't like it. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of people planning on going to MVMCP who are going to be riled up by that one! :
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #168
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,442

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDSearcher View Post
Which is why it's always nice to (a) actually experience something before you review it (good or bad); and (b) allow "soft openings" and "rehearsals" to be just that. That was way easier before YouTube.

Disney has said over and over again that what we are seeing are "rehearsals" and "soft openings" and that the official opening won't be until later. They've never said (to my knowledge) "come and see the show because it's exactly like it will be when we officially open next month". The show will change and evolve as comments come in and surveys are done. And some guests will end up seeing a show that's less than what it could be. Because unfortunately, there's no way of knowing how a new show or character offering will behave in front of guests until you put it in front of guests.

I can absoloutely see why youtube must drive them nuts.

My biggest issue with all of this was the word that they were removing Belle and the Beast in their holiday attire from MVMCP. (I have been a huge supporter of MVMCP here on the DIS but find it harder and harder to do so with each element they take away.) I wanted to go on record with my feelings on the matter before it actually happened, knowing that once the parties started it was likely too late to hope for a change in that.

Turns out it didn't matter, but I do feel better for having made my feelings known.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #169
ashleyasiegel
Mouseketeer
 
ashleyasiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 262

Well here is the detailed email that I got today regarding Belle...pretty much the same as Mom2trk reported in her phone call.

Once again, thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney World® Resort.



We value your loyalty to the Disney brand and appreciate the opportunity to address your concern regarding character offerings at our parks, specifically with Belle. The Walt Disney Company strives to provide the best possible entertainment experience for our Guests. We have heard from our Guests that they want a variety of Character experiences, including those that are visible in parades and shows, those that are scheduled with specific times and locations, and those that are unadvertised and just seem to ‘happen’ around the parks. The opportunity to have a planned meet and greet, or impromptu meeting with one of our legendary Disney Characters has been and will continue to be a staple in our entertainment offerings. Our entertainment offerings may vary from day to day based on weather, crowds, and other factors, but will always be present in our theme parks.



While Belle and Beast are not scheduled to appear in their Holiday attire at this years Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, coming in December to the Magic Kingdom Park will be Enchanted Tales with Belle. This adventure begins at Maurice’s cottage, where you’ll step through an enchanted mirror that magically transports you to Beast’s library for an interactive storytelling session with Belle. Belle will also continue to appear at Epcot for meet and greets in France as well as Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall.



In addition, there are several new experiences being added to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, including:

A new pre-parade experience - The Kringle Krew

A new Dance Party at Cosmic Rays - Club Tinsel

Exclusive meet and greets with Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine and the Step Sisters together

Additional Cookie Offering

An exclusive Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom spell card, just for our Party Guests



Thank you again for sharing your comments. You may be assured your feedback has been shared with the appropriate leadership. We look forward to providing a magical experience, rich in character interaction, upon your next visit.
__________________
Ashley Herm DD1 -Age 6 DD2 - Age 3

April/May 2014: Pop Century l Dec 2012: Pop Century l Jan/Feb 2012: DD2 1st trip ASMovies l Sept 2010: All Star Music l Nov 2009: Pop Century/All Star Music l Nov 2009: Disneyland l Jan 2009: DD1 1st trip All Star Sports l May 2007: Off Site l April 2006: Off Site Herm's First Disney Trip
ashleyasiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #170
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,442

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
They make an entire area for her in MK, yet there is no place anywhere in that park for a child to get her autograph or really even to hug her. I don't see them being able to tweak ETWB to fix that because that would slow things down to the point where it would create ridiculous lines. Honestly, we will see ETWB once to see the wardrobe and Lumiere, but after that all we want is to meet, hug get an autograph and talk to Belle every trip which unless they fix things clearly won't be happening in her town at MK...which makes no sense. Plus, I have a feeling we will have to explain to DD why she can get an autograph from Gaston in Belle's village, but can't get one from Belle.

Mom2rtk, you are good at campaigning and getting people to E-mail and write WDW- you got me to do it! Now that they have confirmed to you that Belle will not be appearing in her red Christmas dress with Beast during MVMCP, maybe you should start a new thread specifically alerting people of that and suggesting that they E-mail or write if they don't like it. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of people planning on going to MVMCP who are going to be riled up by that one! :
I'm glad you wrote in. I thought about starting a thread just to let people know. But I did already post a note about it in the official MVMCP thread. And honestly, I wasn't optimistic after my conversation that there was much hope.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #171
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,442

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyasiegel View Post

In addition, there are several new experiences being added to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, including:

A new pre-parade experience - The Kringle Krew

A new Dance Party at Cosmic Rays - Club Tinsel

Exclusive meet and greets with Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine and the Step Sisters together

Additional Cookie Offering

An exclusive Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom spell card, just for our Party Guests



[/COLOR]
That was a nice run-down on the "new" offerings.

Not exactaly sure why that Tremaine family photo op is even on their list. As you can see from my signature, that was there last year.

And seriously... new cookie offerings? I'm always the first to tell people it's not about the cookies.

And a re-naming of the dance party at Cosmic Ray's?

I really am happy that New Fantasyland will be open during the party. There seems to be a lot of people really want that. But I don't pay $60 a head to do things I can do during a regular park day. And the unique party things just seem to be shrinking away.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #172
ghtx
DIS Veteran
 
ghtx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Posts: 4,982

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyasiegel View Post
Well here is the detailed email that I got today regarding Belle...pretty much the same as Mom2trk reported in her phone call.
I have to say that I'm on WDW's side. People are complaining that the M&G at ETwB isn't like a regular M&G. Aren't there about 100 other M&Gs that are exactly the same? (I.e. you wait for 30 minutes in the sun, then get a few hugs and take a few pictures) I enjoyed ETwB, and I think a lot of people will, and I think it is a nice change from a standard M&G.
__________________
-----
BLT June 2015; BLT Jan 2014; BLT Oct 2012; SSR Feb 2010; BWV May 2008; SSR June 2005; Earlier: OKWx3, Treehouse Villas (old version), CR, Poly, GF
ghtx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #173
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran
 
LucyBC80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,536

What's the email to give Disney feedback? I'm pretty upset that you can't meet Donald anywhere in his sailor costume so I want to let them know that.
__________________
Me => Mom =>
LucyBC80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #174
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,442

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post
What's the email to give Disney feedback? I'm pretty upset that you can't meet Donald anywhere in his sailor costume so I want to let them know that.
Post 23 on page 2 of this thread.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #175
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best
 
zeferjen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 1,066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
That's an adorable pic! Did you volunteer for a role, or were you picked by the CM? I'm just wondering how much courage it's going to take to stick my hand up... I really would like a bookmark!
Hi - I did volunteer. When the CM was going through the parts, she said, "I need someone who can laugh." I let out a big HA HA HA and she picked me

Both of my kids were also picked. DS was Chip and DD was the horse.

ETA: there were a few other adults picked. I believe one knight was an adult, the wardrobe was and adult, and Mrs. Potts was an older teenager. The CM did say that anyone who wanted a part can be added (not just kids). There were a LOT of pieces left in the wardrobe after everyone volunteered.
__________________

Last edited by zeferjen; 10-24-2012 at 03:05 PM.
zeferjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:17 PM   #176
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 11,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
I have to say that I'm on WDW's side. People are complaining that the M&G at ETwB isn't like a regular M&G. Aren't there about 100 other M&Gs that are exactly the same? (I.e. you wait for 30 minutes in the sun, then get a few hugs and take a few pictures) I enjoyed ETwB, and I think a lot of people will, and I think it is a nice change from a standard M&G.
I think people are also glossing by the fact that ETwB has it ever been promoted as a "meet & greet". It's always been promoted as an "entertainment experience" or "a different kind of character greeting" or an "attraction" or some other descriptor that sets it apart.

WDSearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #177
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran
 
LucyBC80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,536

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Post 23 on page 2 of this thread.
Thanks, I'll definitely write them about it.
__________________
Me => Mom =>
LucyBC80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #178
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter
 
Magpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,445

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeferjen View Post
Hi - I did volunteer. When the CM was going through the parts, she said, "I need someone who can laugh." I let out a big HA HA HA and she picked me

Both of my kids were also picked. DS was Chip and DD was the horse.

ETA: there were a few other adults picked. I believe one knight was an adult, the wardrobe was and adult, and Mrs. Potts was an older teenager. The CM did say that anyone who wanted a part can be added (not just kids). There were a LOT of pieces left in the wardrobe after everyone volunteered.
Cool!

Personally, I like that they're mixing up the meet-and-greets. The traditional kind really doesn't interest me at all. This one, however, sounds fun!

And folks can still get their convo-and-autograph at Epcot, CRT, etc... If the most difficult thing you ever have to explain to your child is "Belle will sign your autograph book when we see her in Epcot, not here," you're doing pretty well in life!

(Besides, it's got nothing on, "Crush chose to answer that other kid's question, not yours, even though you had your hand up the whole time, sorry!")
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #179
kennythepirate
Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
Toy Story Mania MASTER!!!
 
kennythepirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeferjen
We recently did ETwB and there were actually two photo ops. One when you initially meet Belle and at the end when they pass out the bookmarks. Our photopass had some cute photos on it. Here I am meeting her.
There were two, but not every participant was offered two opportunities. I was the coat of armor and we only had one op.

I agree that most guests should prefer red dress Belle with Beast over operating etwb during parties. Give us Scrooge back too!
__________________
kennythepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #180
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,442

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDSearcher View Post
I think people are also glossing by the fact that ETwB has it ever been promoted as a "meet & greet". It's always been promoted as an "entertainment experience" or "a different kind of character greeting" or an "attraction" or some other descriptor that sets it apart.

Perhaps not. But really I have no beef with ETWB. I'm still very optimistic we'll like it a lot. I was a big supporter of this new sort of experience from the get go. I was one of the few people who actually expressed disappointment when Aurora and Cindy's versions of this were scrapped. I still wish I could have seen what they could do with those, even though the mine coaster looks cool.

My beef is with the elimination of the meet & greet in TST and at MVMCP.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.