Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #151
DeluxePrincess
Humming the Farm Town song...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
My biggest issue with all of this has been the rumor that Belle might not appear at MVMCP. I know it's still a rumor, but honestly, once the first party happens, it's probably too late to make any change for this year. So what alternative is there than to express one's concern at this point?
This move makes no sense to me. Belle is probably the only character that actually wears her winter outfit in her movie. To not include this in a Christmas party is absurd.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #152
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Well, I did just get a call from a Disney rep. We had a nice talk, and she as very sweet. But she really didn't have anything to offer.

She says they have heard from a large number of people about Belle's availability at meet & greets. She did assure me that anyone who wants to participate in ETWB can and that I can take my own photos along with Photopass.

She did confirm that Belle will not be appearing in her red dress at MVMCP. She said they are planning to have her wear it more at Epcot throughout the holiday season. No real date on when this would happen, so perhaps not even during our trip. And we're not eating at Akershus for the first time ever, so that's not an option. She hinted that maybe she would wear the red dress out in the park, but nothing specific on when.

She described the new things they have in store for MVMCP but honestly, there was nothing notable she divulged. She mentioned a pre-parade similar to what they did with MNSSHP, and a new dance party at Cosmic Ray's. And she mentioned the Tremaine family. But that one's not new for this year anyway.

She did offer to refund my MVMCP tickets if I wanted, but since we're going with friends, I'm not prepared to do that. And we still do enjoy the party. I've been one of the biggest supporters of MVMCP here on the DIS, constantly sticking up for it when everyone else says it's just a shell of what it used to be.

So while I enjoyed chatting with her, and it was very nice of her to call, she didn't really have anything new to offer.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #153
ktlm
DIS Veteran

It is horribly disappointing to hear it confirmed that Belle will not be meeting in her red Christmas dress with the Beast at MVMCP this year.
I may actually reply E-mail them my phone number just to voice my displeasure about that. I also would like to voice my displeasure with the fact that after today, there is NOWHERE at WDW, that you can meet and greet Donald in his traditional sailor suit since he will not be returning to the character spot in Epcot when it reopens. If I had known that when I sent my E-mail, that would have been in there too.

I don't like that she could not confirm where or when Belle supposedly will be out in her Christmas dress at Epcot. We are eating at Akershus, so I guess if she shows up in it there that day, it will be nice for us, but it still is going to lose something without Beast standing by her side. I'm a bit confused about the "new" dance party at Cosmic Ray's? Isn't there always a dance party there? I know we have been to one there once during MVMCP but it was so packed you couldn't move, so we skipped it last year. I'm not sure what they are talking about with the Tremaines. Are they giving the Tremaines back their Dance Party inside Cosmic Ray's and doing away with the Cinderella group meet and greet with them they had last year? We really miss the dance party the Tremaines used to host in Ariel's Grotto. It would be nice if they had a dance party again. We don't think the Toy Story party that replaced the Tremaines is nearly as fun as those girls used to really get the crowd going. The Toy Story one always seems empty when we are there too.

We are going to the party twice mostly because it is so hard to meet all the characters in one night and get other party stuff in too, but with another of the major draws taken away and apparently nothing to replace it, I kind of for the very first time question whether it is worth the money. I'm not sure I'm willing to give up that extra MK time though.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #154
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, I did just get a call from a Disney rep. We had a nice talk, and she as very sweet. But she really didn't have anything to offer.

She says they have heard from a large number of people about Belle's availability at meet & greets. She did assure me that anyone who wants to participate in ETWB can and that I can take my own photos along with Photopass.

She did confirm that Belle will not be appearing in her red dress at MVMCP. She said they are planning to have her wear it more at Epcot throughout the holiday season. No real date on when this would happen, so perhaps not even during our trip. And we're not eating at Akershus for the first time ever, so that's not an option. She hinted that maybe she would wear the red dress out in the park, but nothing specific on when.

She described the new things they have in store for MVMCP but honestly, there was nothing notable she divulged. She mentioned a pre-parade similar to what they did with MNSSHP, and a new dance party at Cosmic Ray's. And she mentioned the Tremaine family. But that one's not new for this year anyway.

She did offer to refund my MVMCP tickets if I wanted, but since we're going with friends, I'm not prepared to do that. And we still do enjoy the party. I've been one of the biggest supporters of MVMCP here on the DIS, constantly sticking up for it when everyone else says it's just a shell of what it used to be.

So while I enjoyed chatting with her, and it was very nice of her to call, she didn't really have anything new to offer.
It would have been complete chaos during ETWB if everyone tried to take their own pictures of their children with Belle during the 2 second photo per person line at the end. The CMs were seriously just waving people through like it was a race. Disney is crazy if they think that that is the type of character experience that people want.

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV Upcoming Trip: October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!*
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #155
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
It is horribly disappointing to hear it confirmed that Belle will not be meeting in her red Christmas dress with the Beast at MVMCP this year.
I may actually reply E-mail them my phone number just to voice my displeasure about that. I also would like to voice my displeasure with the fact that after today, there is NOWHERE at WDW, that you can meet and greet Donald in his traditional sailor suit since he will not be returning to the character spot in Epcot when it reopens. If I had known that when I sent my E-mail, that would have been in there too.

I don't like that she could not confirm where or when Belle supposedly will be out in her Christmas dress at Epcot. We are eating at Akershus, so I guess if she shows up in it there that day, it will be nice for us, but it still is going to lose something without Beast standing by her side. I'm a bit confused about the "new" dance party at Cosmic Ray's? Isn't there always a dance party there? I know we have been to one there once during MVMCP but it was so packed you couldn't move, so we skipped it last year. I'm not sure what they are talking about with the Tremaines. Are they giving the Tremaines back their Dance Party inside Cosmic Ray's and doing away with the Cinderella group meet and greet with them they had last year? We really miss the dance party the Tremaines used to host in Ariel's Grotto. It would be nice if they had a dance party again. We don't think the Toy Story party that replaced the Tremaines is nearly as fun as those girls used to really get the crowd going. The Toy Story one always seems empty when we are there too.

We are going to the party twice mostly because it is so hard to meet all the characters in one night and get other party stuff in too, but with another of the major draws taken away and apparently nothing to replace it, I kind of for the very first time question whether it is worth the money. I'm not sure I'm willing to give up that extra MK time though.
I would LOVE to have the Tremaine dance party back. But all she was describing was the group meet & greet they also had last year. I love how they put that in their list of "new" stuff when it's not really new.

And she wasn't clear about the "new" dance party at Cosmic Ray's either. But we don't usually do it, so I didn't ask.

I've been a big supporter of MVMCP here on the DIS. And for the first time I'm wondering if we should have only bought one set of tickets.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #156
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Quote:

She did confirm that Belle will not be appearing in her red dress at MVMCP.
Wow - it is nice to know they have actually called someone and received more comments on this strange Belle strategy - although that word implies they knew what they were doing when they made these character calls for Belle.... and it is really quite obvious that they did not. Why are they not capitalizing on FLE?

Such a bummer she wont be sporting her holiday gown at MK or even at MVMCP - as you have pointed out so well it just does not make any sense with FLE being so much about HER. I assume you reiterated that - be curious to hear the political response... "But now you can have a totally immersive Belle experience at ETWB...."

Sydnerella's Mama

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Sydnerella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #157
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelA View Post
It would have been complete chaos during ETWB if everyone tried to take their own pictures of their children with Belle during the 2 second photo per person line at the end. The CMs were seriously just waving people through like it was a race. Disney is crazy if they think that that is the type of character experience that people want.
I had no problem taking a picture of my 2-year-old with Belle at ETwB last week. I didn't experience anything like "chaos" or a "race." Maybe you had a bad group?
Old 10-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #158
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelA View Post
Well, that was the impression I got from the videos I saw. I kept telling her that everything I saw looked awesome, but that the part at the end just looked awkward and comically rushed. She told me to just watch and she was sure I'd be pleasantly surprised. I guess I'm just hoping they have tweaked it since the videos I saw posted.

When did you go?
Old 10-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #159
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnerella View Post
Wow - it is nice to know they have actually called someone and received more comments on this strange Belle strategy - although that word implies they knew what they were doing when they made these character calls for Belle.... and it is really quite obvious that they did not. Why are they not capitalizing on FLE?

Such a bummer she wont be sporting her holiday gown at MK or even at MVMCP - as you have pointed out so well it just does not make any sense with FLE being so much about HER. I assume you reiterated that - be curious to hear the political response... "But now you can have a totally immersive Belle experience at ETWB...."

Sydnerella's Mama
I don't remember the exact words, but it really was sort of like that. I did tell her it was so counterintuitive to create Belle's village at the same time they make her and the Beast harder to meet than ever before. I told her I was excited about the new attraction, but that I didn't understand why Belle had to come out of TST. She never did answer that.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:23 PM   #160
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best

We recently did ETwB and there were actually two photo ops. One when you initially meet Belle and at the end when they pass out the bookmarks. Our photopass had some cute photos on it. Here I am meeting her.

Me Dh Dd 6 Ds5 (he made me pick this avatar!)

My Disneyland Trip Report
zeferjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #161
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeferjen View Post
We recently did ETwB and there were actually two photo ops. One when you initially meet Belle and at the end when they pass out the bookmarks. Our photopass had some cute photos on it. Here I am meeting her.
Yes, ours had two photo-ops also. For the first, you had to be in the "show" to participate, but the second was open to anyone.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #162
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Quote:

That's an adorable pic! Did you volunteer for a role, or were you picked by the CM? I'm just wondering how much courage it's going to take to stick my hand up... I really would like a bookmark!
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #163
ghtx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
That's an adorable pic! Did you volunteer for a role, or were you picked by the CM? I'm just wondering how much courage it's going to take to stick my hand up... I really would like a bookmark!
I think that all of the kids volunteered, but the CM might have chosen some adults to play the knights. My understanding is that anyone who wants a part can get one, although that might just apply to kids, not adults.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #164
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
Yes, ours had two photo-ops also. For the first, you had to be in the "show" to participate, but the second was open to anyone.
Which is why it's always nice to (a) actually experience something before you review it (good or bad); and (b) allow "soft openings" and "rehearsals" to be just that. That was way easier before YouTube.

Disney has said over and over again that what we are seeing are "rehearsals" and "soft openings" and that the official opening won't be until later. They've never said (to my knowledge) "come and see the show because it's exactly like it will be when we officially open next month". The show will change and evolve as comments come in and surveys are done. And some guests will end up seeing a show that's less than what it could be. Because unfortunately, there's no way of knowing how a new show or character offering will behave in front of guests until you put it in front of guests.

WDSearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #165
mvazul
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDSearcher View Post
Which is why it's always nice to (a) actually experience something before you review it (good or bad); and (b) allow "soft openings" and "rehearsals" to be just that. That was way easier before YouTube.

Disney has said over and over again that what we are seeing are "rehearsals" and "soft openings" and that the official opening won't be until later. They've never said (to my knowledge) "come and see the show because it's exactly like it will be when we officially open next month". The show will change and evolve as comments come in and surveys are done. And some guests will end up seeing a show that's less than what it could be. Because unfortunately, there's no way of knowing how a new show or character offering will behave in front of guests until you put it in front of guests.

100% agree.
mvazul is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: