Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #1
ajgardner
Mouseketeer

I have reservations for a garden view Royal Room. I know this will put us in one of the two more remote mansion buildings, but was wondering if there is any room requests that may be beneficial to us or if we should just go with the flow? We will have a car, so distance to bus stops doesn't really matter; we will probably do a couple quick service breakfasts, so closer to the dining hall may be nice- but is one room any much better than another? Also, I see a lot of people request 1st floor - is that a big deal? Any suggestions would be welcomed and appreciated!

ajgardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #2
luvdisney73
Earning My Ears

My daughter and I just stayed in a Royal Room last week. We were in Oak Manor on the 2nd floor. I did request a 2nd floor since I am a light sleeper. I think you will be happy in any of the Royal Rooms. We found that we could walk to the bus stop and food court within five minutes. I think you will be fine with any Royal Room that you are given. You will enjoy it so much. I am missing Disney! We already booked for next October. Have fun!
luvdisney73 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #3
RustManFan
devoted to all things Disney!!

DISboards Moderator

We purposely stay in one of the furthest away AB buildings every trip. We drive our car and park at the main building in the a.m. so that when we return from the parks at night we can easily load any purchases, fill our refillable mugs and get a snack and get back to the building with no additional walking. By this time we have done enough at the park during the day!!

We have never requested a particular floor but only were on 1st floor once...

Offsite - 1987 - 1st Trip - Wilson World
CBR - 1989, 1995
FW (tent) - 1992 during Hurricane Andrew, 1997
Dixie Landings/POR (AB) - 1994, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2005, 2009
Wilderness Lodge - 1996
DL - 2013 - Good Neighbor hotel

http://s387.photobucket.com/albums/o...isney%20Stuff/
*** and eternal Rusty Wallace fan ! He is the RustMan ! ***
RustManFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:22 PM   #4
ohdddear
Earning My Ears

We were just at POR last week for the first time and loved it. We had a standard view Royal Room in Paterre Place. I did online check in and requested upper floor and got 3rd floor close to the elevators. We also had our car and drove to the parks almost every day. The walk to the main building for food was about 5 mins. I dont know if it was the upper floor or just because we were on the back part of the hotel overlooking the parking lot but it was sooo quiet. We never heard any of our neighbors coming or going and had a nice room close to our car. We will probably only book standard royal room from now on since it suited our needs great with having the car close by....
ohdddear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:18 PM   #5
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Parterre Place is nicer aesthetically (IMO) and is closer to POFQ. Oak Manor is closer to the main pool. There is a bridge in between the two buildings leading to the main building/food court, so they are equal distance to that and the bus stop. There's also a quiet pool in between the two. So just depends if you plan to visit POFQ more or the main pool more, or if you want a prettier building I guess.

Unless you have a need for it, floor shouldn't make a difference. Both mansion buildings have elevators. It's AB that doesn't have elevators, and might make a first floor room more appealing.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:29 PM   #6
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgardner View Post
I have reservations for a garden view Royal Room. I know this will put us in one of the two more remote mansion buildings, but was wondering if there is any room requests that may be beneficial to us or if we should just go with the flow? We will have a car, so distance to bus stops doesn't really matter; we will probably do a couple quick service breakfasts, so closer to the dining hall may be nice- but is one room any much better than another? Also, I see a lot of people request 1st floor - is that a big deal? Any suggestions would be welcomed and appreciated!
The royal rooms are right across the bridge from the main building. The non royal rooms are in the two mansions buildings that are across the island with the pool from the main building.

Granted if you have the far side of either of the RR buildings you may have a little bit of a walk but the non RR buildings are the furthest from the food court, probably a bit closer to the pool than Parterre but there is a quiet pool right in between Oak and Parterre.

Just call and ask for a room close to the bridge or quiet pool and that should help.

Although if you are going to drive you might prefer to ask for close to parking instead.

We asked for 1st floor because my mom has problems with stairs and in an emergency she would slow down traffic.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: