Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #61
i*heart*minniemouse
Mouseketeer

I emailed customer service and received a phone call within 3 hours!!
She was not aware the promotion had been pulled and could only see that the Costco ticket deals expired in 2015. She said it is possible marketing pulled the promotion, but they (customer service) was unaware.
She was very nice and had other suggestions of what type of tickets may work for our trip, including an annual pass (with blackout dates) that is not much more than a 1 day ticket. Depending on when the next vacation is, this may be the route we go.
She also said to keep checking with Costco until our trip, as they may just be changing the terms of the promotion with Costco.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #62
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i*heart*minniemouse View Post
I emailed customer service and received a phone call within 3 hours!!
She was not aware the promotion had been pulled and could only see that the Costco ticket deals expired in 2015. She said it is possible marketing pulled the promotion, but they (customer service) was unaware.
She was very nice and had other suggestions of what type of tickets may work for our trip, including an annual pass (with blackout dates) that is not much more than a 1 day ticket. Depending on when the next vacation is, this may be the route we go.
She also said to keep checking with Costco until our trip, as they may just be changing the terms of the promotion with Costco.
They are great at Customer Service. I emailed them once about something and about 5 minutes later, they were on the phone. She said it was a slow complaints day, lol.

I hope you can find them soon!
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 08:21 PM   #63
2BigKIdz
Is it still winter!?!?!?!

Glad I checked back in this thread as I was going to drive the hour tomorrow to purchase the tickets, now I will call before I drive that distance. I will post if I am able to get them in Richmond, VA.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #64
2BigKIdz
Is it still winter!?!?!?!

Quote:
I called Winchester yesterday and they said 'they' pulled them. (I am in Warrenton). Hi neighbor!!
I have a feeling that as of Nov 1, Universal has stopped that offer! Just our luck. DH and I have 1 day left on ours (bought 3 years ago) and we need 2 more for the DD and her boyfriend for our late Nov trip. We were waiting for our rebate from when we had the new furnace installed through Costco. That just came in the mail on Friday.
I even called Costco in Jacksonville FL, as we will be there for a few days before our Disney vacation. We are driving on Thanksgiving day, so calling the one's on the way would do no good. Oh well....we may just have to bite the bullett and pay full price for them....even AAA and tickets through work are not that much of a discount.

Have fun....wish I were there now!!!

I read that they were never offered for sale at Costco's in FL, I guess because of FL resident offers.

I will call the stores in Richmond and Harrisonburg tomorrow (I am in Charlottesville so about an hour either way for me), if any of them have them I am headed that way tomorrow afternoon. I will post what I find out.

I think there is one in Fredericksburg too so will try that one as well if needed.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:35 AM   #65
i*heart*minniemouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BigKIdz View Post
I read that they were never offered for sale at Costco's in FL, I guess because of FL resident offers.

I will call the stores in Richmond and Harrisonburg tomorrow (I am in Charlottesville so about an hour either way for me), if any of them have them I am headed that way tomorrow afternoon. I will post what I find out.

I think there is one in Fredericksburg too so will try that one as well if needed.
Let me know if you find them near Richmond or Harrisonburg. I am willing to drive that. I called Fredricksburg, Woodbridge, Chantilly, Leesburg, Manassas and Winchester and all were no.
It just seems odd that they had them for so long and now they are no more. We will still have a good trip later this month, just a tad bit more expensive....oh, well....
Old 11-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #66
nancy155
DIS Veteran

I happened to be at the Costco in Colorado Springs today and there was not a Universal ticket to be had in their gift card section. I asked about it and was told they did not know what happened to them.

I am very happy I made the special trip a few weeks ago to pick up ours and did not wait for today when I had planned to be there for business!

nancy155 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #67
DisneyDork1969
ChicagoDisneyDork

Now I'm gonna have to check the Chicago Costco's to see if they have them...I'm going to Orlando on Black Friday...I will be staying near downtown Orlando Fri & Sat before transfering to WDW for a week on Sun...if they have these tixs that would be GREAT for me...then I can go to US/IoA for 2 days before going to WDW...I'll report back after this weekend and let everyone know what I find...

John
DisneyDork1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #68
i*heart*minniemouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDork1969 View Post
Now I'm gonna have to check the Chicago Costco's to see if they have them...I'm going to Orlando on Black Friday...I will be staying near downtown Orlando Fri & Sat before transfering to WDW for a week on Sun...if they have these tixs that would be GREAT for me...then I can go to US/IoA for 2 days before going to WDW...I'll report back after this weekend and let everyone know what I find...

John
John, I would be curious if you can find them. We are driving to St. Augustine on Thanksgiving and then on to WDW on Saturday for a week. We only have 1 day planned for US/IOA, but we are on the last day of our 3 day Costco tickets and need 2 more for DD and her BF. It would be great for them to use again next year also.

Barb
Old 11-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #69
tjmw2727
Enjoys "mom and me" trips
May just have to dance!

Same result here in Delaware today
I asked and they said all they knew was that they are not currently offered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy155 View Post
I happened to be at the Costco in Colorado Springs today and there was not a Universal ticket to be had in their gift card section. I asked about it and was told they did not know what happened to them.

I am very happy I made the special trip a few weeks ago to pick up ours and did not wait for today when I had planned to be there for business!

TJ
tjmw2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #70
ladeedeb
Mouseketeer

I should have gotten when I had the chance.

Quote:
Let me know if you find them near Richmond or Harrisonburg. I am willing to drive that. I called Fredricksburg, Woodbridge, Chantilly, Leesburg, Manassas and Winchester and all were no.
It just seems odd that they had them for so long and now they are no more. We will still have a good trip later this month, just a tad bit more expensive....oh, well....
I'm near Manassas, work near Warrenton Airport. I was waiting until we were sure we were going in the next year, and I am sure we will before 2015. Should have gotten them at the Manassas store when I had the chance. Hope they come back.
ladeedeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #71
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Have y'all looked at the Universal Orlando website? They have 3 day park to park tickets for $139.00! Isn't that less than the amount you are going around and around for to try to get at Cosco? Am I missing something?
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #72
brenda1966
DIS Veteran

I think the appeal of the Costco 3 day tickets was that they didn't expire for 3-4 years. We bought some 3 years ago and used 2 days in 2010 and then used the last day in 2012. That keeps the per-day costs down when you just want to do one day here and there.
WDW: offsite 95, Oct 12; Pop Century: Nov 04, Feb 06, Dec 06, Oct 09; AS Music Oct 10, 11; CBR Oct 07, Apr 14; POR Oct 08 ~ MNSSHP Oct 07, 08, 12
Universal/IoA: Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10, 11 ~ Kennedy Space Oct 10 ~ Sea World Oct 08, 12 ~ Discovery Cove Oct 12
Next: Tokyo!!! Fall 2014! Airfare booked, planning is underway...
brenda1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #73
tjmw2727
Enjoys "mom and me" trips
May just have to dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
Have y'all looked at the Universal Orlando website? They have 3 day park to park tickets for $139.00! Isn't that less than the amount you are going around and around for to try to get at Cosco? Am I missing something?
The costco tickets can be used until the end of 2015 - AFAIK all the other tickets must be used within 14 days of first use or expire in a year.
No going around and around for me - I did my normal monthly Costco run and planned to pick up 3 of these tickets for family. Had them in my hands last month and decided to make absouletly, sure they wanted them !!

I have family who would rather visit Disney but would like a day at Universal here and there so the 3 day Costco ticket is perfect for them.

TJ
tjmw2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #74
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

Wow! I saw these in our Costco a few weeks ago and walked on by. We only need 2 days on our next trip and I knew you could get that cheaper on the website. I didn't know about the non-expiring deal! I am going to check it out tomorrow. I hope I find some left in our store.

Even if I missed out - I Love this board!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #75
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

I stopped at two Costco's in the Chicago suburbs and no luck. I am holding out hope that they are coming out with a new offer and took them down for the holidays!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: