Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #16
Dolby1000
Feel free to call me Ocean Wave Dave (OWD)~per my buddy Crush

Buy It

The tickets work as advertised, yes, any three days through 2015. The clerk is wrong, just wrong. I have a ticket good through the end of 2014 with one day left on it and used the previous 2 days several months apart with no problems, issues or concerns. Biggest problem is where to keep it so I don't lose it.

I think most Costco's in the US have them, but his is pure speculation. I live in the suburbs of Chicago, and the Costco's in Oakbrook and Naperville (or is it Aurora) have lots.

Dolby1000
Dolby1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #17
disneygrandma
Mickey Fan

I just called Costco stores in Omaha NE, KC MO, Des Moines IA, and Aurora CO. None of them sold these tkts. I asked if they could be transferred in from another Costco store, and the answer was "No".

Our trip isn't until Sept, and we are driving down. Not sure if any of the Costco's will have them in the towns we drive thru, or not. I would rather purchase them now & know that was taken care of.

Any ideas, anyone?
disneygrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #18
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

We've got so many Costco ticket threads going on that it is tough to keep all the information in one spot. You can look through these threads to see if anyone has reported having the tickets at their Costco.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2884833

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2627019
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #19
disneygrandma
Mickey Fan

Thanks, damo, I just read thru the other threads. There were 2 Costco's in GA that previously had them. But, we won't be driving thru that area until Sept. Are these tkts carried year around? Or only at the holidays, and until stock is gone for that season?
disneygrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #20
Reese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
We've got so many Costco ticket threads going on that it is tough to keep all the information in one spot. You can look through these threads to see if anyone has reported having the tickets at their Costco.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2884833

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2627019
Thanks Damo, I notice some not too far from me. I think I might be doing some very early Christmas shopping.
Sept 08 POP Free Dining, Dec 08 Grand gathering at POP,Jan 09 Rolling Hills,March 09 Rolling Hills,May 09 ASMu and Emerald Isle,June 09 Just DH and I,July 09 ASMu Mother/Daughter trip,Sept 09 ASMu Free dining,May 10 ASMo & Star WarsSept 10 ASmo Free dining, Nov 10 Rolling Hills,May 11 Pop, Jan 12 MK and Dreamworks cruise,Sept 12Free Dining AoA family reunion,Nov 12 ASMu Mom/Daughter trip,Christmas Day surprise,April 13 ASMu Mother/Daughter trip,May 13 Star Wars ASSp,
Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #21
maadimom
Earning My Ears

I just called and Universal said that there are two types of Costco tickets. He said one is valid any 3 days of your choice until Dec 2015, and the other says that it expires 3 months after your first date of use.

We don't have them at our Costco in Texas, but my friend is looking at them in Salt Lake City. She was calling me, and I was calling them. It's all quite confusing, but the guy said that it will clearly state which ticket it is on the ticket.

She's now making them show her the tickets before she buys to read all the fine print just to be sure.
maadimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #22
mamilovesdisney
Former DISer "Ethan Baby"

Is it possible to get these tickets at a Costco in Orlando? I know Costco's in San Diego only have tixs for Universal Studios Hollywood.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #23
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamilovesdisney View Post
Is it possible to get these tickets at a Costco in Orlando? I know Costco's in San Diego only have tixs for Universal Studios Hollywood.
No, they don't seem to sell them in Florida.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #24
disneymomto5
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to chime in that I was in Tampa last week and they did not sell them. The clerk looked it up in the computer and they do not sell them in Florida. He said they used to but they now have an agreement with Universal to not sell them. He was able to look up where they did sell them however, so maybe go into your Costco and ask them to find a location for you.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:50 AM   #25
punkin
Went through pain just to look like a lopsided Whoopi Goldberg

I just got these for our trip down next week and I have a question. I am going with children who have no IDs (13 yo) and the tickets say they need a counter-signature and an ID presented. How does this actually work?
Old 03-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #26
Corly
Earning My Ears

Punkin, I just logged on to ask the same question. I am heading to Universal TOMORROW with my DS (9) and DS (7) who do not have photo ID's - do they have to sign their ticket
Corly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #27
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corly View Post
Punkin, I just logged on to ask the same question. I am heading to Universal TOMORROW with my DS (9) and DS (7) who do not have photo ID's - do they have to sign their ticket
With normal tickets, the kids just sign the back and don't need any photo ID. I assume these tickets are the same.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #28
punkin
Went through pain just to look like a lopsided Whoopi Goldberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
With normal tickets, the kids just sign the back and don't need any photo ID. I assume these tickets are the same.
So should I have them sign before we go to the parks or will they need a pen to sign upon entry? I have only used one day tickets before this so I am completely clueless. Also from the wording on the tickets themselves it looks like they should sign immediately and then countersign again.

I know I am worrying too much, but I really don't get how this works.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #29
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin View Post
So should I have them sign before we go to the parks or will they need a pen to sign upon entry? I have only used one day tickets before this so I am completely clueless. Also from the wording on the tickets themselves it looks like they should sign immediately and then countersign again.

I know I am worrying too much, but I really don't get how this works.
You can sign now. It is to protect you from losing them and someone else claiming them.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #30
valee
Mouseketeer

The Costco in Pentagon City (Arlington, VA, just across the river from DC), had them this weekend.
We've got Busch Platinum passes, so will only be at US one day this trip, so like that we can use the rest of the days in subsequent trips.
valee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: