DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #16
Yellowsky13
Earning My Ears

the little crabs in the Q are very cool my fav part, the few things i did not like was Arials hair in the fish room DCA looks better, the eels do nothing dont talk or move very dull DCA they move, the vid of Arial getting her legs needs to go.. the hair on KT is lame on DW version DCA looks much better.

other than those its a cool ride

Yellowsky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #17
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

IMHO, it is better than Nemo but only slightly. To put things into perspective, in the 10+ trips we have been on since Nemo has opened we have only ridden it twice because none of us are fans. We rode LM twice so far and I can't really see us going back on it again anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #18
La2kw
DIS Veteran

Location: 90 miles from the happiest place on earth, and the original Disney park- Disneyland.

We've been riding it for over a year now at DCA and got to ride it two weeks ago at the "rehearsals" for the new Fantasyland. It's a nice kiddie ride, but nothing to wait in long lines for. In fact, we usually walk right on it at DCA, the line is rarely longer than 20 minutes. As far as the extra large queue goes, it was nice, but nothing fantastic either.

We also went through the storytelling with Belle, which was nice and had impressive animatronics of the wardrobe and lumiere. I wouldn't wait more than 10 minutes for it though.

The pork shank was pretty good as Gaston's, but their version of butterbeer was sad. I mean, why does Disney feel the need to just copy Universal? They should have come up with something more original. Butterbeer is from a story, which is hugely popular with many kids (now adults) who grew up using their imagination about what it tastes like. Lefou's Brew seems something the marketing department made up to try and fool people into thinking it was more than just frozen apple juice. It even looks like butterbeer..

This new land was fine for kids, but has little appeal for adults and boys and my guess is that it will have no impact on Universal's Harry Potter areas. Disney should have put in an E ticket here instead of a kiddie ride. Another kiddie coaster themed to a princess is not going to do much to help this new area.
I've slept here: Disney Wonder, Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian, Paradise Pier Hotel, OKW, WL, WLV, AKV (Kidani and Jambo), BC, BCV, BWV, VBR, HHIR, Contemporary, SSR, POFQ, CBR, ASSports, ASMusic, ASMovies, Pop Century, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Hotel

[/url]
La2kw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #19
La2kw
DIS Veteran

Location: 90 miles from the happiest place on earth, and the original Disney park- Disneyland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfc3rid View Post
Mermaid was always meant to be a C or D ticket... It's not an E Ticket. It is a nice harkening back to the dark ride days of yore but will likely see 10 minutes waits once the newness dies down, just like at DCA.
Might not be that short since they added the very unnecessary fastpass to this ride.
I've slept here: Disney Wonder, Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian, Paradise Pier Hotel, OKW, WL, WLV, AKV (Kidani and Jambo), BC, BCV, BWV, VBR, HHIR, Contemporary, SSR, POFQ, CBR, ASSports, ASMusic, ASMovies, Pop Century, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Hotel

[/url]
La2kw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #20
DisneyGeek1010
WANTtoBEfutureIMAGINEER

I think the new ride looks fun!
Old 10-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #21
mmmagic7754
Mouseketeer

Several people around us had the same opinion about Ariel's hair...Looked like rubber
Old 10-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #22
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

We rode it last week, before we left I looked on u-tube to see the ride in California...even though the queue was great, the ride itself was identical....I wasn't impressed. Ariel looked pretty sad in most of the scenes...and I believe they could've improved on the California version. I thought Belle was pretty lame...I can see long waits and once a visit with our DDGs.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #23
DizDays
DVC & D23 Member

I am looking forward to experiencing them both in 2013 for the first time. It will be interesting to see the similarities and differences. Thanks to the reviews here, we will go in with lower expectations, reminding ourselves this is designed for the kids.

DizDays is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: