DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
GaDisneyFreak
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: North West Georgia
Posts: 66

The newer DVC resorts vs the older DVC resorts rooms

I watched the broadcast with Samantha Brown at AKVs the other day and DVC mailed me some great brochures and such and even a coloring book for my child. The brochures were great, just beautiful pics of the resorts. They had pics of the rooms at AKVs and BLT I believe. They looked great! But there were no other pics (that I can remember, well may one at SSR) of any of the other rooms on the inside. Could this be because the other ones look very dated and such? (Because I know they do)
GaDisneyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #2
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran
 
MouseMomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,349

Do they? I have never thought so. We have stayed at all of the DVC resorts except Aulani and they all look great.

It is more likely that you got pictures of those resorts because they are not yet sold out. Disney's Marketing Dept. never sleeps!
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
Meggysmum
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 286

Personally I think the BWV rooms look very dated, I dislike the decor but the size is great, I just prefer the stronger theming of BLT and AKV but lots of people like BWV.
Meggysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #4
marie1981
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 352

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meggysmum View Post
Personally I think the BWV rooms look very dated, I dislike the decor but the size is great, I just prefer the stronger theming of BLT and AKV but lots of people like BWV.
I agree with you ! I think the hotel itself is georgous, but the studios, they are really ugly. Pink, green and yellow walls, green bedspread with pink flowers and a orange bedskirt that does not match at all, same for the curtains.... I think any Value room is nicer ! I never take pictures...

But I really love the Boardwalk ! Location, all the activities on the Boardwalk, beautifull lobby, very nice pool.... That is why I love staying there, but I would not ask the name of their designer !
marie1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #5
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran
 
MouseMomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,349

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie1981 View Post
I agree with you ! I think the hotel itself is georgous, but the studios, they are really ugly. Pink, green and yellow walls, green bedspread with pink flowers and a orange bedskirt that does not match at all, same for the curtains.... I think any Value room is nicer ! I never take pictures...

But I really love the Boardwalk ! Location, all the activities on the Boardwalk, beautifull lobby, very nice pool.... That is why I love staying there, but I would not ask the name of their designer !
We also stay at the BWV but have never experienced the decor you mention. This site... http://hotels.about.com/od/disneywor...las/Studio.htm ...shows a picture of the BWV studios as we know them.

Is this something new?
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran
 
lilpooh108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Depends on the moment
Posts: 4,328

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie1981 View Post
I agree with you ! I think the hotel itself is georgous, but the studios, they are really ugly. Pink, green and yellow walls, green bedspread with pink flowers and a orange bedskirt that does not match at all, same for the curtains.... I think any Value room is nicer ! I never take pictures...

But I really love the Boardwalk ! Location, all the activities on the Boardwalk, beautifull lobby, very nice pool.... That is why I love staying there, but I would not ask the name of their designer !
I totally agree...and the rooms look super tired. Our 2 bdrm lockoff last October 2011 was such a disappointment (dirty, nail clippings, smoke smell). UGHHH...yuck. We were sad since we had bought a BWV contract sight unseen since we LOVE epcot. Oh well. Guess we can still use it for food & wine.

I really wish DVC would do a change out on all of the bedding/spreads to mirror the hotel rooms. The first thing we do is peel off the bedspreads in all of the DVC rooms and stuff them in the closet. Its so gross.

Aulani has the cute minimal bed quilt instead of the spread, with clean linens underneath. Very modern and very clean.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #7
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
 
CaliforniaDreaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 9,732

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
We also stay at the BWV but have never experienced the decor you mention. This site... http://hotels.about.com/od/disneywor...las/Studio.htm ...shows a picture of the BWV studios as we know them.

Is this something new?
They did a soft refurb a couple years ago. This is what the villas look like now: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1802

We've been staying at BWV for 10 years. There has been some wear and tear, but nothing too bad. I can't say the villas are exactly my style, but they work for us. We love the size, and the location of the resort can't be beat for visiting Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We'll be back later this month, hoping for another great stay!
__________________
Cali-D
CaliforniaDreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #8
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

 
jekjones1558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: MN
Posts: 8,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreaming View Post
They did a soft refurb a couple years ago. This is what the villas look like now: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1802

We've been staying at BWV for 10 years. There has been some wear and tear, but nothing too bad. I can't say the villas are exactly my style, but they work for us. We love the size, and the location of the resort can't be beat for visiting Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We'll be back later this month, hoping for another great stay!
The style at BWV is part of the theming. It is not what I would choose to decorate my house but I find it fine for vacation. The fact that we love the BW view and the closeness to both Epcot and DHS probably makes us more forgiving of the decor. The lobby is similarly themed but somehow it seems more elegant--maybe because of the size.
__________________
Jean
I'm an OL Groupie!Oct., 2014
jekjones1558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #9
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 18,735

DVD only shows you what they want you to see. They only want to sell you the resorts where they make the most money so only the current resorts that they are actively selling are shown.

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #10
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 45,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
DVD only shows you what they want you to see. They only want to sell you the resorts where they make the most money so only the current resorts that they are actively selling are shown.

Bill
Exactly. They need to get those suckers sold out so they can build and sell more and more and more and more.

The other resorts are themed. WDW has many themed resorts.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #11
marie1981
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 352

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
The style at BWV is part of the theming. It is not what I would choose to decorate my house but I find it fine for vacation. The fact that we love the BW view and the closeness to both Epcot and DHS probably makes us more forgiving of the decor. The lobby is similarly themed but somehow it seems more elegant--maybe because of the size.
I completly agree with you. There is so much advantages at staying at the Boardwalk that I forget the decor.

But, for people who rent them cash, they must be very surprised when they check-in. For the money Disney ask for those studios, I am sure people expect a decor more like the Inn part of the Boardwalk....
marie1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #12
crisi
DIS Veteran
 
crisi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 22,788

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie1981 View Post
I completly agree with you. There is so much advantages at staying at the Boardwalk that I forget the decor.

But, for people who rent them cash, they must be very surprised when they check-in. For the money Disney ask for those studios, I am sure people expect a decor more like the Inn part of the Boardwalk....
I like the BW decor better than the decor at BC - and I HATE the SSR and VAKL decor. But I wouldn't be staying at VAKL to look at the pattern they chose for the couch, I don't stay at BCV to look at the bedspread, and I don't stay at BWV because I like the shower curtain.

(I like VWL, which many people hate, for themeing and decor).
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #13
Meggysmum
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 286

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
We also stay at the BWV but have never experienced the decor you mention. This site... http://hotels.about.com/od/disneywor...las/Studio.htm ...shows a picture of the BWV studios as we know them.

Is this something new?
In Sept we had the awful pink and green version. Wish I knew how to post photos
Meggysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #14
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?
 
supersuperwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: neverland
Posts: 5,355

Current... doesn't match in my opinion

__________________
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #15
marie1981
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 352

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post
Current... doesn't match in my opinion

This is what I mean.... I cannot beleive someone deceide that the bedskirt matches the bedspread....
marie1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.