DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 01:28 AM   #1
Dudetrue
Mouseketeer

VWL Room Requests for "Most Quiet"

Hi, I am quite new to the Dis but it has helped me a lot. I have a question. My husband and I will be staying in the VWL for the first time and I am looking forward to my first look at a DVC resort. If we are already booked and going in Nov. is it possible to ask for a specific room? My husband is a very light sleeper and the only problem we may have is him getting enough rest. If there are a lot of people and large groups of families with children (who understandably are excited on vacation) making a lot of noise late at night it may be a difficult week for him. Do you think there are some rooms that I might request that are more quiet than other rooms? I have been hoping a room facing the woods might be more peaceful for him. Is the floor important. Any suggestions? and THANKS!
Dudetrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
jarestel
DIS Veteran

Rooms at the end of a hall are not as affected by hallway noise since there is less traffic. Of course these rooms are furthest from the elevators so expect to do some walking. You may also want to stay away from rooms that are close to the pool area since that can be noisy at times as well.

Good luck!
jarestel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

VWL is the smallest of all the WDW DVC resorts, therefore, not as many people. Its fairly quite, IMO, and I am a light sleeper, so I can sympathize(though Im getting older and cant hear as good as I used too).
We have stayed at VWL many times and never been bothered by excessive noise. I will say, ask for 5th floor, its the top floor, no one above you. Downside is the the balconies are somewhat obstructed until you stand, but sleep is more important. Most rooms are woods view except for those near pool. Lakeside, you may hear boat horns, but they are pretty faint(me, I love those horns, means they are taking you to a Magical place)
Elevators area isnt very noisy, but the further down the hall you are, less people.

So with your needs, I would ask for top floor, end of hall.

Enjoy all that WL/VWL has to offer!
Old 10-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudetrue View Post
Hi, I am quite new to the Dis but it has helped me a lot. I have a question. My husband and I will be staying in the VWL for the first time and I am looking forward to my first look at a DVC resort. If we are already booked and going in Nov. is it possible to ask for a specific room? My husband is a very light sleeper and the only problem we may have is him getting enough rest. If there are a lot of people and large groups of families with children (who understandably are excited on vacation) making a lot of noise late at night it may be a difficult week for him. Do you think there are some rooms that I might request that are more quiet than other rooms? I have been hoping a room facing the woods might be more peaceful for him. Is the floor important. Any suggestions? and THANKS!
As jarestel suggests, rooms farther away from the elevators would be your best bet. Rooms closest to the elevators also have to deal with noise from the Villas lobby as people come and go. Rooms down the hallways from the elevators also are farther from the pool area, so that noise is eliminated. Your best idea is to request a general room location such as lake view side, top two floors, away from the elevators and the pool. All that aside, VWL is perhaps the quietest, most serene of all the DVC resorts. Good luck with your room request and enjoy the Lodge!

sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #5
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

We were put in a ground level studio, all the way at the end of the hallway....really, really quiet down there. Maybe too quiet!!! Maybe if we had been on an upper level we would have liked it better. We did face the woods though.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #6
Dudetrue
Mouseketeer

Once again you guys are wonderful for giving such valuable information. I will ask for a room near the top floor at the end of the hall. Walking isn't so much of a problem for us. We live in the woods now and are used to it. WL sounds so lovely! Thanks!
Dudetrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #7
lsutigger2

DIS Veteran

We love VWL and have stayed there many times. Once we had a room (#3502-one bedroom), third floor, to the right as you come off the elevators, and down a short hallway. The room was at the end of the hall so there was no one passing. It faced the walkway between the lodge and the villas. Really quiet.
It is not advised to ask for a specific room, so i also recommend the "top floor, end of hall" request.
hope you have a fabulous time!
lsutigger2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: