Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #16
vmedisneymom
Mouseketeer

I would love to see menus if someone on here has them!

vmedisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #17
Jensyfert
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizmomof2
What time was the all aboard at Costa Maya? I know on the September 29th it was changed to 11:45 pm but on the info they sent us it is only a four hour stop. Did they change it for you as we'll?
You are in port in Costa Maya till 11pm.
Jensyfert is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #18
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensyfert View Post
This is not guaranteed... A longer port stay is a perk given to crew.
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14DCL Magic May '14 DCL Dream August '14
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:53 PM   #19
Jensyfert
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi1313

This is not guaranteed... A longer port stay is a perk given to crew.
Since Costa Maya is so close to Cozumel...it doesn't make sense of why the ship would leave at 4pm. That would put you in port in Cozumel super early. Our room steward said that more than likely we would be in port till 11pm because of that. So hopefully it continues on the remaining cruises. It gave us more time at our beach excursion.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:49 AM   #20
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

actually, i believe you go out to sea, and not just pull right into the next port... i'm sure it has something to do with port costs of why they schedule shorter and then opt for longer but what we were told in May on the Fantasy is that the extended port time was a perk for crew... although i wasn't clear on how it would help the crew as a whole as you still had a mostly full ship of pax, and most were still working! but i guess if it was your off-time, it was a bonus!!
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14DCL Magic May '14 DCL Dream August '14
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:38 AM   #21
TheTexasGal
Mouseketeer

We were there until 11 on the 10/6 cruise and stayed on the pier the whole time. People were coming and going all day and evening...
TheTexasGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:59 AM   #22
llqool
DIS Veteran

Location: Stationed in Germany, but STILL a FL resident (yeah!!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzkelly View Post
Grand Cayman: Booked a catamarran excursion (non-Disney) to see the Stingrays and snorkel. It was about 4 hours and we had a great time and everyone went into the water where the stingrays were and got to touch them and watch them swim around.
Was this through Stingray Sailing? (I ask b/c I know they use a catamaran). We have booked them, and I am interested in feedback. And also interested in whether your kids freaked out with the rays? I'm so afraid my girls will.... (I'm kinda afraid I will, too!)
llqool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #23
jrcaw
Earning My Ears

We did Stingray Sailing last week and it was awesome! My wife and I were the only two on the boat (holds up to 25). Captain Chip and the crew were great. I would highly recommend it.
jrcaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #24
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTexasGal View Post
We were there until 11 on the 10/6 cruise and stayed on the pier the whole time. People were coming and going all day and evening...
Were you told the night before? I am wondering what there will be to do from 5pm to 11pm. We are doing the Mayan ruins with Native Choice but if we have all that time we would like to do something else as well.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #25
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensyfert

We just got back off the 10/13 sailing and we left CM at the scheduled time of 6 pm. Our DCL excursion to the ruins got back right at 5:30 pm which was pretty tight for those on the 5:45 pm seating.

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #26
wickedpixie13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensyfert View Post
The beach excursion (Jungle Beach) in Costa Maya was a 40 minute bus trip. So that was a bummer. I would have to say 7 mile beach break in Grand Cayman was good. Pretty water and close by.
Do you mean it took 40 mins on a bus to get to the Jungle Beach break? How was it other than the bus trip? We're scheduled for this excursion, but I'm curious if it was worth it or fun. We've got an almost 5 yr old and a 1 yr old if that matters. Thanks so much!

Previous DCL cruises
Wonder: Alaska May 2011
Magic: Galveston November 2012

RunDisney:
Tinkerbell Half Marathon 2014
wickedpixie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #27
browniebabies
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzkelly View Post
We just got off the 10/6 cruise, too, and did the following with our 7,5 and just turned 2 yr old:

Grand Cayman: Booked a catamarran excursion (non-Disney) to see the Stingrays and snorkel. It was about 4 hours and we had a great time and everyone went into the water where the stingrays were and got to touch them and watch them swim around.

Costa Maya: we booked Nohoch Kay (non-Disney) based on a lot of reviews and had the BEST time even during the downpour that lasted maybe 45 minutes. Jaime, the owner, and the rest of the staff treated us like gold and we had unlimited food and drinks, as well as lots of sand toys for the kids to play with. The food was excellent, the water calm and shallow enough for our kids to play around in and for us to sit in with a drink in hand. We'd definitely go back to the next time we are in Costa Maya. I believe it was $40 per adult, $20 for kids 7-17, and 6 and under were free. The taxi ride was $2 per person each way.

Cozumel: We ended up getting a taxi and going to Paradise Beach. The taxi ride for 9 of us was $30 each way, for which the taxi driver offered to stay and wait for us there for no cost (they tried to offer this for $20 extra at the taxi stand so I'm glad we declined and ended up getting him to offer to stay and wait anyways). It was a $2 beach chair rental per person, plus another $12 if you wanted to go out and jump around on the water toys/trampolines/slides. They also had a large pool that was nice to bring my 2-yr old into. I'd say we felt like we got the least for our money here, primarily because we didn't stay long enough for me to feel we got our money's worth. We never ordered food or drinks, but the prices seemed like restaurant prices.

I think it was also tough for us to "rally" in Cozumel because we had just had two other back-to-back fun-filled days at port. Overall we had a great time and our kids had a blast! We were travelling with two other families, a total of 13 of us, and everyone enjoyed our excursions and agreed Costa Maya was our favorite due to how lovely our time at Nohoch Kay was.
Who did you book your Sting Ray excursion through? That has been tough for us bc the Disney booking won't let my 2.5 year old do this with us...
Thanks!
browniebabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #28
Jensyfert
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedpixie13

Do you mean it took 40 mins on a bus to get to the Jungle Beach break? How was it other than the bus trip? We're scheduled for this excursion, but I'm curious if it was worth it or fun. We've got an almost 5 yr old and a 1 yr old if that matters. Thanks so much!
It was fun for the kids...if you are only going to be in port till 6pm, it is probably not worth it. It is open bar...but I didn't think the drinks were that great. I said that when I go again, I will stay on the boat in Costa Maya. Hope that helps!
Old 10-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #29
Jensyfert
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensyfert

It was fun for the kids...if you are only going to be in port till 6pm, it is probably not worth it. It is open bar...but I didn't think the drinks were that great. I said that when I go again, I will stay on the boat in Costa Maya. Hope that helps!
And yes...40 min bus trip each way.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: