Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #556
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DnA2010 View Post
Well back to check in after a day at the Walt Disney Family Museum!
Not going to leave any spoilers, but we LOVED it! DH and I took 2x 8 year olds and 1 x 11 year old and they all enjoyed it, and only 1 of the 8 year olds is into Disney (my niece and nephew are not Disney kids but really enjoyed it!)

We arrived around 11am, and were only on the 4th (of 10 I believe) section by around 12:45 when we figured we needed to get the kids some food before watching the feature movie (Sleeping Beauty today )

The food at the cafe was fresh and tasty! There were some sandwiches which were of nice quality, a huge cheese plate which was yummy and nice salads and soups.

After the movie we then finished the museum! You will LOVE it!

Love the Cars update, we MUST get back and see it all and ride RSRers!!
Oh I'm so happy to hear all the great reviews about this place......just makes me wanna go right now!!! How cool they show a movie!! Of course we own a ton of them already.......but I don't remember anyone mentioning that before.

Do you think we could push strollers through the museum?

CarsLand is AWESOME......you really have to see it for yourself. Addy when we walked about 15 ft into the street.....she stops and looks around and goes "it's like we're in the movie!" Good endorsement from a 7 yr old that really shouldn't have noticed the big picture.......but she did!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwdisgal View Post
What i was trying to say was Gwen is one of the few famous people I would recognize. She doesn't look any different than her pictures in People - lol.
Oh, Ok........I even read the statement you made to my hubby......and we both were confused at what you were saying......lol Gwen really does look she does on camera. Adam Sandler does too (I saw him on one of my past trips.....just couldn't get the camera out fast enough).
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #557
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I understood what nwdisgal was saying when she first said it - and I was tempted to step in to clarify when I saw that Laurie misunderstood but it wasn't my place to do so. I stayed quiet! I'm glad it was cleared up!

While I will agree that Gwen's face looks exactly the same in person as it does on TV, I have to mention that - in my opinion - her stature and body looked much different in person at DCA than from what I've seen of her on TV since the '90s. I saw her at DCA too - after Laurie saw her there - and I stood there, watching Gwen's family (including the nanny and some older man) on Buena Vista Street for a while, because they were just standing there too.

I kept thinking to myself, "Wow. I never realized how thin Gwen actually is. The TV cameras really do make people look bigger than they are." She was skinny - and her arms were bony, which does not come across in photos or on TV. Of course Gwen always appears slender, but she never looks quite as thin on camera as she did in person.

Also, Gwen was shorter than she appears on TV because she is usually wearing very high heels during performances/appearances!

Gwen's husband, Gavin, was also much taller and leaner than I ever realized from seeing him on TV in Bush videos years ago. And he is also much hotter in person than I expected him to be!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #558
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

I wanted to stop in and say hello! I am only up to the end of your first night at PPH/WOC, but from what I read so far the trip sounds great. I will try and catch up the rest of the way tonight if I can.

Did you ever have any luck getting your money refunded from Madame Tusseauds (sp??)?
Old 01-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #559
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I understood what nwdisgal was saying when she first said it - and I was tempted to step in to clarify when I saw that Laurie misunderstood but it wasn't my place to do so. I stayed quiet! I'm glad it was cleared up!

While I will agree that Gwen's face looks exactly the same in person as it does on TV, I have to mention that - in my opinion - her stature and body looked much different in person at DCA than from what I've seen of her on TV since the '90s. I saw her at DCA too - after Laurie saw her there - and I stood there, watching Gwen's family (including the nanny and some older man) on Buena Vista Street for a while, because they were just standing there too.

I kept thinking to myself, "Wow. I never realized how thin Gwen actually is. The TV cameras really do make people look bigger than they are." She was skinny - and her arms were bony, which does not come across in photos or on TV. Of course Gwen always appears slender, but she never looks quite as thin on camera as she did in person.

Also, Gwen was shorter than she appears on TV because she is usually wearing very high heels during performances/appearances!

Gwen's husband, Gavin, was also much taller and leaner than I ever realized from seeing him on TV in Bush videos years ago. And he is also much hotter in person than I expected him to be!
She is petite......a little smaller than what I expected. I only saw Gavin as he passed by us at the exit of pirates with the rest of the family and about 6 Disney security officers......which is funny about CarsLand.....we only saw Gwen and the boy.....no VIP guides or officers.....weird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
I wanted to stop in and say hello! I am only up to the end of your first night at PPH/WOC, but from what I read so far the trip sounds great. I will try and catch up the rest of the way tonight if I can.

Did you ever have any luck getting your money refunded from Madame Tusseauds (sp??)?
It was a wonderful trip!!! I'm glad you asked about the refund.....I meant to re-address this. I had emailed the gal and got an email back saying we would need to do the refund over the phone, as they don't want me emailing my card info to them. She wanted to know a good time to call......so I replied right back saying anytime would be fine. A week went by and no call. So on Friday the 28th, I called and was told she didn't come in until 4pm but my message would be forwarded. So at 4:30pm, I decided to call again and it went to an answering machine. UGH....I was starting to get a tad frustrated. I also wanted to deal with this before the new year since the tickets were only good thru Dec. 31st and I didn't want them to tell me that they won't refund my money because I didn't deal with it prior to the expiration date on the tickets. At 5:30, I tried to call again and someone answered!! I asked to speak to the gal that I had emailed and they asked me to call her on her cell # since she wasn't in her office. So I call the cell # and she was super friendly and she went to one of their credit card machines to run the refund. We get all done and she goes....I was afraid of that....this machine hasn't been working. So we had to do the whole thing over again when she found another machine. This time it went thru. She said she'd scan the receipt and email it to me. She also said that depending on the bank, it could take 3-5 business days to show up in my account.

I wasn't home when we did this, so I wasn't able to see my email until I got home. The thing that worried me was the part it said the machine was "off line". So I was starting to think that maybe they hadn't actually run the refund or I was getting the run around. But I decided to be patient and just wait the 5 business days before doing anything (or saying anything). I believe it was on Weds. the 2nd, the refund showed up in my acct!!! Relieved to see it there!!!

What I don't understand........this was a debit card. If they run your card for a debit, it shows up instantly......so why did the refund/credit take days??? Oh well......at least it did show up!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

Old 01-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #560
nwdisgal
DIS Veteran

We like the Taste Pilots Grill too! One of our favorite spots. I am sad to hear they don't serve the waffle fries with the burgers anymore.

I am glad to hear you received your money back from the wax museum. I notice a lot of businesses delay refunds like that especially in the hospitality industry. Seems like it should be a quid pro quo type of deal but they take money quickly then hold it longer than they should after the refund transaction has already been processed. This allows them to earn the extra interest on the money in their account before they return it to you. I am surprised some consumer rights group isn't all over this or the IRS since the business is overstating revenue. I am sure their lawyers have found some loophole. Anyway, I am off on a rant because this practice really irks me - glad you got the money back!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #561
DizNee Luver

Quote:
We like the Taste Pilots Grill too! One of our favorite spots. I am sad to hear they don't serve the waffle fries with the burgers anymore.

I am glad to hear you received your money back from the wax museum. I notice a lot of businesses delay refunds like that especially in the hospitality industry. Seems like it should be a quid pro quo type of deal but they take money quickly then hold it longer than they should after the refund transaction has already been processed. This allows them to earn the extra interest on the money in their account before they return it to you. I am surprised some consumer rights group isn't all over this or the IRS since the business is overstating revenue. I am sure their lawyers have found some loophole. Anyway, I am off on a rant because this practice really irks me - glad you got the money back!
We're always happy with our meal there....but disappointed about the fries for sure!

I'm glad we got the money.....I really didn't think we would see that money.....so a huge relief for us!

I can understand the delay on a credit card.....some cards run "cycles" and the refunds won't show up right away....but a debit card should be immediately.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #562
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

I am so happy to hear you got your museum money back
Old 01-04-2013, 10:59 PM   #563
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
I am so happy to hear you got your museum money back
Me too!!

Old 01-04-2013, 11:52 PM   #564
DnA2010
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Oh I'm so happy to hear all the great reviews about this place......just makes me wanna go right now!!! How cool they show a movie!! Of course we own a ton of them already.......but I don't remember anyone mentioning that before.

Do you think we could push strollers through the museum?

CarsLand is AWESOME......you really have to see it for yourself. Addy when we walked about 15 ft into the street.....she stops and looks around and goes "it's like we're in the movie!" Good endorsement from a 7 yr old that really shouldn't have noticed the big picture.......but she did!!

It is wonderful

You will have no issues whatsoever with the strollers..tonnes of room in the rooms. For your group, I would suggest that you possibly try to break into groups of younger and older, that way older can take their time and really read the detail (because I know you will want to!!) Our kids did very well with letting us read all the details (I pretty much wanted to read everything as it was so well done and interesting) that if you are into details (and kids under 10 I wouldn't say would be as into the details) Maybe the olders switch off with the youngers?

There is also a lovely huge grass field in front of the building which would be excellent for a picnic, or if the kids just need some space to run around (ours did)

The little theatre which they show the film in is smaller and so pretty, it was a great way to break up the day and watch a classic

Wowzas!! DL Feb 2011 and then Orlando for 1st trip to WDW and Harry in March 2011...now back to work to save for our next trip!
DnA2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #565
nwdisgal
DIS Veteran

Agreeing with DnA2010 above, the Disney Museum at the Presidio is in such a gorgeous setting. There is a sweeping view of the Golden Gate Bridge and the bay from certain points around the museum. Actually, towards the end of the tour you enter room with a sheer glass wall with this view of the bay.

I love the theming in Carsland! You do feel like you are in a movie set and the desert setting around the track on RSR feels so real. I love the vintage Route 66 theming too.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #566
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DnA2010 View Post
It is wonderful

You will have no issues whatsoever with the strollers..tonnes of room in the rooms. For your group, I would suggest that you possibly try to break into groups of younger and older, that way older can take their time and really read the detail (because I know you will want to!!) Our kids did very well with letting us read all the details (I pretty much wanted to read everything as it was so well done and interesting) that if you are into details (and kids under 10 I wouldn't say would be as into the details) Maybe the olders switch off with the youngers?

There is also a lovely huge grass field in front of the building which would be excellent for a picnic, or if the kids just need some space to run around (ours did)

The little theatre which they show the film in is smaller and so pretty, it was a great way to break up the day and watch a classic
Quote:
Agreeing with DnA2010 above, the Disney Museum at the Presidio is in such a gorgeous setting. There is a sweeping view of the Golden Gate Bridge and the bay from certain points around the museum. Actually, towards the end of the tour you enter room with a sheer glass wall with this view of the bay.

I love the theming in Carsland! You do feel like you are in a movie set and the desert setting around the track on RSR feels so real. I love the vintage Route 66 theming too.
Thank you both for the reviews/info on the museum. I really hope we get to go in September!! My oldest is getting married at the vase of Mt Ashland and since we taking the week off for the wedding.....we thought we might sneak down into San Francisco for a couple days before hand. We will see how the year goes and if that happens.

CarsLand is very well done!!!! I love being transported to a new place and not just looking at cement and rides.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #567
DizNee Luver

Today was a very comfortable temperature day.....sunny, warm (for Oregonians in the winter) and so we decided to ride Grizzly River Run and then we'd head back to the motel to change out of the wet clothes. We were excited to take the twins on this and see how they'd do. We get a locker to put our stuff in and Ally, who has to work in a couple hours, opts not to ride......so we had exactly 8 people (just what the raft holds). We got in the wheelchair line and headed down to the docking area. They have one raft designated for the GAC riders and it was out. So we waited for our turn. Lots of photos as we waited.

Our turn arrived and we all got in the raft. Mike and I put the twins between us.....which put me on an end (which I hate because of the amount of water that comes in there).

Tyler took pics during the ride. The twins seemed to like the ride and getting wet.

More GRR to come!

Old 01-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #568
DizNee Luver

Here we go........

As we near the docking area, they ask if we want to go again......so we say yes and we're off again. Poor Ally had gone back to the locker to get our stuff and was standing there waiting when we went by letting her know we were going again. (there wasn't anyone waiting in the GAC area)

Even more GRR to come!!

Old 01-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #569
DizNee Luver

During the 1st trip, we all got a little wet....not too bad.....but the 2nd trip I seemed to be the target.......brrrrrrrrr!!!!

We approach the docking area and Shyann holds up her finger and goes "One more time"!! So guess what?? We were on our way around for the 3rd time!! Again, Ally had gone to the locker to get our stuff......so we waved as we passed by.

For the third trip, Ty handed the camera off to Mike. Mike got a couple pics but not as many as Tyler had......but you'll see who got soaked on round 3!

I would have to say that Addy and Anthony got pretty wet this time around.....but I know that I was also pretty wet by the time we got off this ride.

We pulled into the docking area and were thrilled we got to ride it 3 times in a row without getting off.......but we were all a tad chilled now and it was time to head back to the PPH to change out of our wet clothes. I'm sure we looked like rag-a-muffins, trudging thru the Grand Californian, wet and cold. We made it back to our rooms and everyone got into dry, warm clothes for the rest of the day.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #570
DizNee Luver

Once everyone was dry and dressed to go back out, we headed back into DCA. We headed towards Condor Flatts and saw that Minnie was out by the plane, so the kids got in line.

After seeing Minnie, we decided to ride Soarin'.

After hang gliding over California, we stepped back out to the Buena Vista area and caught part of the Red Car News Boys.

I love this new statue!!!

We headed into Elias & Co. so I could find Jessica/Belle Ella who was going to be working at 4pm. Ty and I looked from one end of the store to the other and asked a few CM's if they knew Jessica or had seen her today. No had seen her. So we went across the street and went thru those shops and had the same results. We couldn't find her and no one had seen her. Bummer.....I did find out later on Facebook that she had been pretty sick that week and hadn't been to work. I believe Tyler did run into her later in the trip but I never did. Good thing I'm going back in February!! Any ways.....here are some pics from inside the store.

As we headed towards the gates.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: