Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #16
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnow222 View Post
Made a reservation back in July for our December Disney Vacation. They charged my credit card for the full amount on 7/2/12. They never delivered our order, have not provided a refund and they do not return phone calls. I will be contacting the local news agencies in the Orlando area as well as the Orlando police department.
You just need to file a chargeback with your cc company to resolve this.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #17
gratefulfred
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnow222 View Post
Made a reservation back in July for our December Disney Vacation. They charged my credit card for the full amount on 7/2/12. They never delivered our order, have not provided a refund and they do not return phone calls. I will be contacting the local news agencies in the Orlando area as well as the Orlando police department.
Sorry to hear they got you too. I have been disputing the charges with the credit card company and they initially removed them but recently I got a letter saying that unless I wrote them another letter they were going to put the charges back on because move it responded to them saying the scooters were delivered and I never contacted them with any problems. I rewrote my letter explaining that move it was simply lying and that they should be denied charging privileges, so far the charges have not reappeared.
gratefulfred is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #18
bidnow5
DIS Veteran

You should include the BBB info in any contact with the credit card company

bidnow5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #19
jmartinez1895
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidnow5 View Post
You should include the BBB info in any contact with the credit card company
Yes!!! Be sure to print out the part about them using the BBB logo without permission and the BBB getting the mail returned. If that does not prove they are shady then I don;t know what will. I would also encourage you to send a letter to the FL state attorney and to whom ever issues business licenses ( if this company even has one).
POR 2011
POR 2013
jmartinez1895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #20
latest victim
Earning My Ears

Bad deal myself

I got a bad deal as well. Gratefulfred isn't alone.
latest victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:40 PM   #21
latest victim
Earning My Ears

nightmare ever since vacation

:I have been thru quite an ordeal myself with move it mobilty. The ironic thing for me is I returned 2 scooters the morning of the 23rd of sept!!!! The same day gratefulfred had his nightmare.!!!! Danny came and picked them up from me around 8am and I haven't spoken to him since. I thought all was well. He had charged my credit card almost $300 for the 9 days we were on vacation. No problem right? Wrong! The 25th of Nov. there was a mystery charge from move it on my cc for $80. So, I disputed it and after about 30 days it was back on my cc again. I called the cc company to find out their results and move it had sent an obviously bogus generic form that just gave a total with tax and no other info. So, now we have to dispute again another 30day wait. And now this week another . duplicate charge for $300 from them . So today I cancelled my card so this mickey mouse game will stop. (pardon the pun ). I have called them, the cc company has called and the phone just rings. So, I thought after I hung up with the cc co. today that I would do some online investigating of my own and WOW I was not expecting all of this negative feedback on multiple websites. I thought it was just bad record keeping on their part. They gave me no reason to believe anything different from the very beginning Danny was very nice. He went out of his way to get us 2 scooters. He said he didn't have any available for 9 days and went and purchased 2 new ones...He seemed more than accommodating. Now it seems i'm the latest victim.....BEWARE
Old 02-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #22
latest victim
Earning My Ears

disputed charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulfred View Post
Sorry to hear they got you too. I have been disputing the charges with the credit card company and they initially removed them but recently I got a letter saying that unless I wrote them another letter they were going to put the charges back on because move it responded to them saying the scooters were delivered and I never contacted them with any problems. I rewrote my letter explaining that move it was simply lying and that they should be denied charging privileges, so far the charges have not reappeared.
anything resolved permanently?
Old 02-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #23
latest victim
Earning My Ears

Bbb

I also looked at all of the compaints to the better business bureau, however, I'm wondering with so many of us having been defrauded if anyone has personally contacted the state attorney general's office about move it mobility?
Old 02-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #24
peemagg
We are doing the AKL tri-fecta
You will find us wrapped up in them at night and on the weekends

Sounds like someone should. They need to be closed down permanently and face criminal charges.
peemagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #25
jmartinez1895
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peemagg View Post
Sounds like someone should. They need to be closed down permanently and face criminal charges.
That is what I am thinking.
POR 2011
POR 2013
Old 02-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #26
disney david
DIS Veteran

Here is the complaint form from the state of Florida attorney office you could call and email if you have any questions before you file.

http://myfloridalegal.com/webfiles.n...rComplaint.pdf

Here their web site

http://myfloridalegal.com/

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #27
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by latest victim View Post
:I have been thru quite an ordeal myself with move it mobilty. The ironic thing for me is I returned 2 scooters the morning of the 23rd of sept!!!! The same day gratefulfred had his nightmare.!!!! Danny came and picked them up from me around 8am and I haven't spoken to him since. I thought all was well. He had charged my credit card almost $300 for the 9 days we were on vacation. No problem right? Wrong! The 25th of Nov. there was a mystery charge from move it on my cc for $80. So, I disputed it and after about 30 days it was back on my cc again. I called the cc company to find out their results and move it had sent an obviously bogus generic form that just gave a total with tax and no other info. So, now we have to dispute again another 30day wait. And now this week another . duplicate charge for $300 from them . So today I cancelled my card so this mickey mouse game will stop. (pardon the pun ). I have called them, the cc company has called and the phone just rings. So, I thought after I hung up with the cc co. today that I would do some online investigating of my own and WOW I was not expecting all of this negative feedback on multiple websites. I thought it was just bad record keeping on their part. They gave me no reason to believe anything different from the very beginning Danny was very nice. He went out of his way to get us 2 scooters. He said he didn't have any available for 9 days and went and purchased 2 new ones...He seemed more than accommodating. Now it seems i'm the latest victim.....BEWARE
Wow, that is bad, so sorry.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #28
latest victim
Earning My Ears

BBB Latest results

I myself filed a complaint with the better business bureau. I haven't heard anything from them yet, however, the latest 5 complaints now show that the company is out of business. I don't know as of what date for sure but, one of the complaints that says "out of business" is dated jan.15th, however, several of the BBB compaints, including myself, show our credit cards were all charged duplicate charges on Jan. 23rd. Looks like this guy needed alot of cash quik and left town quik!!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #29
jmartinez1895
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by latest victim View Post
I myself filed a complaint with the better business bureau. I haven't heard anything from them yet, however, the latest 5 complaints now show that the company is out of business. I don't know as of what date for sure but, one of the complaints that says "out of business" is dated jan.15th, however, several of the BBB compaints, including myself, show our credit cards were all charged duplicate charges on Jan. 23rd. Looks like this guy needed alot of cash quik and left town quik!!!!
you need to file with the attorney general for Fl. the bbb will not be able to help you get any money back. I hate to say it, but you might not ever be bale to get the money back if teh guy is gone. I assume that you have already called your credit card company again and disputed charges. That might be the only way to get your money back.
POR 2011
POR 2013
Old 02-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #30
latest victim
Earning My Ears

disputed charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartinez1895 View Post
you need to file with the attorney general for Fl. the bbb will not be able to help you get any money back. I hate to say it, but you might not ever be bale to get the money back if teh guy is gone. I assume that you have already called your credit card company again and disputed charges. That might be the only way to get your money back.
Yes, twice now. He sent a random form with a sk# and a total for $80.25 but, it doesn't give any datails. Of course we know that there are no details....it's a bogus charge. Then, reissued a duplicate charge for the original rental fee. What a mess! But, I still have to wait for the credit card co. to investigate. And yes, I did cancel my card, however, I can only feel bad for ALL of the other folks going through this exact same issue or better yet, the folks who don't realize that he's added more charges. I myself almost missed it on my bill. The first bogus charge was thanksgiving weekend, the very busiest shopping day of the year. I had alot of charges on my bill and of course I Glanced over it, glanced being the key word and once I saw it and disputed the charges only then did I start watching it closely. How many senior citizens missed it......we'll never know. Sad!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: