Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
awoogala
Mouseketeer

child swap

is child swap only for kids who are too small to ride?
We are thinking of trying IOA this time but my daughter is scared to death of most rides, even though she is tall enough. (for reference, she won't ride goofy's barnstormer!)
Old 10-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
Wild4Walt
DIS Veteran

From my understanding it applies for anyone that would be a minor that you could not leave by themselves.

POR Oct 14 / POP Oct 12 / Poly Oct 12 / CBR Nov 11 / POR Oct 10 /Pop May 10/Poly Nov 09 / CBR Mar 09 / BWI - Feb 09 / BC- Oct 08 / POFQ - Feb 08 / SSR- Dec 07 / POR - Oct 07 / Poly Oct 05
Wild4Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

At universal it works for pretty much any kid who doesn't want to ride.It is not like Disney where they give Rider Switch passes.At Universal, the whole party goes thru the line .Before boarding there is a Child Swap waiting room ,where one person waits with the kid not riding .In the room there is usually movies or cartoons playing.For example, At Harry Potter Forbidden journey there is Harry Potter movies playing, Revenge of the mummy has the Mummy cartoon playing etc.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
It is not like Disney where they give Rider Switch passes.At Universal, the whole party goes thru the line .Before boarding there is a Child Swap waiting room ,where one person waits with the kid not riding .
Yep.

If I were on a trip with just me and DS, and for some reason he didn't want to ride something that he was tall enough for, we would just go through the line with me and I would expect them to let him wait in the swap area towards the end of the ride. Now, we haven't done this, so I can't say for sure it would be allowed, but since we wouldn't actually be taking advantage of the second person riding, I can't really see why not.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #5
awoogala
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
At universal it works for pretty much any kid who doesn't want to ride.It is not like Disney where they give Rider Switch passes.At Universal, the whole party goes thru the line .Before boarding there is a Child Swap waiting room ,where one person waits with the kid not riding .In the room there is usually movies or cartoons playing.For example, At Harry Potter Forbidden journey there is Harry Potter movies playing, Revenge of the mummy has the Mummy cartoon playing etc.
yikes. I kind of like taking the little one off for a snack or something. We all have to wait in the ride line? Well, that kind of sucks, but I guess we will have to suck it up for harry potter.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #6
RN_Mom
Mouseketeer

We went right up the exit to ride swap after a bit..didn't go through the line.

RN_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: