Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Crowds in IOA/US late October??

I've never been to US or IOA in late October-- usually August, once early October. I found those crowds totally doable, even with the addition of WWoHP in IOA. Any idea what the crowds will be like October 26-28?? We'll have park-to-park tickets and won't be attending HHN. TIA!!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
Squirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
I've never been to US or IOA in late October-- usually August, once early October. I found those crowds totally doable, even with the addition of WWoHP in IOA. Any idea what the crowds will be like October 26-28?? We'll have park-to-park tickets and won't be attending HHN. TIA!!
I was in IOA for my first time ever today and everything we did was walk on. We had early entry so got to FJ about 8:30 and got right on. Went for a second time immediately but there was a malfunction. Waited about 20 minutes and rode again. Then we went to Dragon Challenge, rode bothe sides in the front row and it still wasn't 10am. We ended up riding every good ride (the aforementioned plus Hulk and Spiderman) 3 times plus half a dozen others, a leisurely lunch at Mythos, a half hour of ice cream and people watching, at least an hour of shopping and back at RPR at 5pm. I was very surprised as there were lots of people milling about.
Squirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #3
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Crowds in October are generally light...however weekends at the Studios tend to be busier due to HHN. IOA on the other hand is not very busy except for HP. Keep in mind that HHN will be staged every night you're visiting so the Studios will close at 5pm instead of 6pm...you might want to do the Studios first then move over to IOA.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: