Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
Raising Disney Kids
Earning My Ears

Frustrated with dreams unlimited

Trying to book the kids free out of Galveston for a family of 5. I have lost my opportunity to book my kids for free because of a lack of response from my so-called agent. Asked her to call me to clear up a few questions while we were emailing back and forth, says she never received the email til the next morning, but by then then I had lost one of the few cabins that cold fit 5.

Not pleased with the service from Dreams....they cost me $2000...not worth the original $200 OBC I had signed on with them for! Proceed with caution!
Raising Disney Kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran
Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks!
Proudly wears the title of WEIRDEST DISer!

Chances are she wouldn't have called you anyway. That is not the way they work - at least with me. It was 100% by email.

I wasn't completely satisfied either - which is why I went with another agent who has proven herself to be FANTASTIC!

Check Out My Disney Vacation Photos My Disney Family Vacation Galleries

DVC Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
ValentineJulie
Mouseketeer

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I used them this week and was extremely pleased! My TA is fabulous!

ValentineJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
EDelashmit
Lover of anything Disney

I see an 8 night Bahamian still available, 4A verandah for $4320.75. It does seem to be the only one, but a great deal!!!

DCL - Fantasy August 2014
Aulani - June2014
Disney World - Wilderness Lodge January 2014
Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2013
DCL - Magic October 2012
Disney World - All Star Music May 2011
Disney World - Port Orleans May 2009
Disney World - Wyndham September 2002
Disney World - Dolphin March 2000
Disney World - Polynesian June 1996 - Honeymoon, 1st trip ever to Disney - I was hooked from that moment on!!!
EDelashmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
MTmomma
DIS Veteran

Unfortunatly, that is how DU operates, by email only. I always advise people to make dang sure the methods of communication that your travel agent uses by policy, is acceptable to you. Unfortunatly, DU does not fit my needs, even though it is amazing for many others. My TA has an 800 number, her personal cell number, office number, and email address to handle everything. Heck she even emailed me back over a stupid question i had, while she was sitting in LAX......
Old 10-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #6
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

When it comes to the *GT or KSF rates, you need to grab what you see when you see it online. It could disappear from the time you bring it up to the time you call your TA, even if you have a direct number for them. The savings are so incredible that I don't worry about whatever OBC a TA might give me.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #7
chateau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
When it comes to the *GT or KSF rates, you need to grab what you see when you see it online. It could disappear from the time you bring it up to the time you call your TA, even if you have a direct number for them. The savings are so incredible that I don't worry about whatever OBC a TA might give me.
That's why I book RIGHT NOW, when I see a deal, then transfer.... so sorry, like me, it was hard to find this out the hard way.
chateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #8
Yokelridesagain
Mouseketeer

Quote:
This +1.

I don't (and won't) patronize DU, but realistically this could have happened to you with any travel agent. Sorry that this happened to you--the lesson to learn is if you see an opportunity to save $2000 in front of you, take it for yourself and don't wait to see what's behind Door Number Two. I would happily risk losing $200 (OBC+discount) to guarantee myself that I wouldn't take the -1800 (OBC and no discount).

I have been impressed with the willingness of the board sponsor to allow criticism of their product. I post on other sites where the moderators are far less shall-we-say zealous than the ones here, and any criticism of the product earns you a permanent vacation.
Yokelridesagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #9
chateau
DIS Veteran

Nobody and no company is perfect... these boards help us, and maybe them, learn.
chateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #10
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Jen View Post
Chances are she wouldn't have called you anyway. That is not the way they work - at least with me. It was 100% by email.
I wasn't completely satisfied either - which is why I went with another agent who has proven herself to be FANTASTIC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTmomma View Post
Unfortunatly, that is how DU operates, by email only. I always advise people to make dang sure the methods of communication that your travel agent uses by policy, is acceptable to you. Unfortunatly, DU does not fit my needs, even though it is amazing for many others. My TA has an 800 number, her personal cell number, office number, and email address to handle everything. Heck she even emailed me back over a stupid question i had, while she was sitting in LAX......
My DU agent did ask me by email for my cell number so she could call me to discuss what room we wanted while she was booking for us first day for TA. I was impressed as we were booking only a cat11.

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:07 AM   #11
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes. Exactly. I lost a KSF just while typing passenger information, payment information in. It took me hours of refreshing - HOURS at about 10:00 pm to have another one come up. Have all information, payment information ready. I had my information already in, my daughters, but this was my mother's and nephew's first cruise and I had to input their names and birthdates, etc. And don't give up....keep refreshing and don't forget to put in the KSF code. LOL - also use the correct credit card with available amount....learned that too as we had to pay in full at time of booking
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western

Last edited by PizzieDuster; 10-13-2012 at 12:19 AM.
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:17 AM   #12
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Well I have used her yet, But when I stopped in at the Disboards office this summer, I met one of the agents there and I was talking about that very issue!! That I don't like dealing just over the internet and she said she deals with her clients over the phone. She gives them her cell phone # if they want it and is more than happy to communicate with her clients that way. So it 'seems' that there may be a DU agent or two that do use the phone...but this is only what I have been told by her first hand. I have not booked with her as of yet...
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:56 AM   #13
CHD New York
CHD

I have used dreams unlimited before in booking 6 staterooms for our family. For the most part i had no big complaints. I was dealing with more then one agents most of them was pretty good responding to my emails within 12 hours or less, however I did have one agent in particular which I'm not going to name names that I wanted to switch from because that person would take up to or even over 24hrs to reply and when they did responded the email was worded a little rude like i was bothering the person. I probably would use them again BUT ONLY because of the highest ship broad credit i found from a travel agent, however dealing on a email basics only was kind of annoying tho. I would highly recommend that they changed the way they do business and offer their customers a phone call & email option

Last edited by CHD New York; 10-13-2012 at 04:04 AM.
CHD New York is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:18 AM   #14
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

We do use DU, but I also would be happier with a phone option.

Bobbi

bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:38 AM   #15
quickcat
Mouseketeer

Dont give up just yet. Keep checking, the cat 4's seem to pop up now then. I am debating switching to one for more room and they do come and go. I found that right away in the mornings there is usually more availability but go very quickly during the day. I am guessing with people putting them on hold. Good luck- I hope you get one!

We also use Dreams and we do like our agent. We've never had an issue or needed to call. When we email, she emails back within hours regardless of the day. Sorry you had bad luck with them.
quickcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: