Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
bigturkey12
Mouseketeer
 
bigturkey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 340

1st Time MNSSHP, Help does this plan look good

We are going on Nov 2. I am prepared for a sell out crowd just cant invision completely how bad that could be.Thus I am trying to make a realistic plan for the night. Please comment. Need all the help I can get.

First I will say we are going to Mk the day before to take lots of pictures fp and our own halloween decorations. We will also ride our favourite rides and also do the Haunted Mansion for sure as we know the inside of the ride does not change at the party.
So with this in mind here is my plan

1. sleep in
2. QS Buffet Lunch at Coronado Springs Peppar Market. Good substantial lunch to tide us over for a long time
3. Arrive at Mk just before 4pm to take pictures of mnsshp outside display sign which I assume only goes up on days of the parties
4. Go in at 4pm
5. Go on any rides we didn't manage the day before. If I run out of time the day before I will save the Haunted Mansion ride for now to set the mood for the party.
5. Be at town square theatre by 6:20 to line up for the party photo with Mickey and Minnie at 7pm. Do they come out on time?
6. By now it is dark so head back out to the entrance to get a pp picture with the haunted train station.
7.Do they have a special mnsshp mug or can I buy my Halloween mug the day before?if there is a special one i will buy now before all gone.
8. Walk up main street usa. i know the first villans show will be on so i will cut down in front of crystal palace across the main path across the bridge and walk up to Liberty Square and check out a spot for the parade.
9. Last year they had a special mug of donald for the party you could get ice cream or dole whip in. do they have it this year and where
10. watch parade
11. walk up towards liberty bell. get hitchhiking ghosts picture
12 carry on to haunted mansion for picture with mansion, hearse, ghost in background, cm if possible
13. walk back down the exact way i came up heading back towards main street usa near caseys corner to watch fireworks
14. now walk in towards fantasyland to get pictures with pooh and friends donald and daisy and check around carousel for susie and perla
15.Now head back towards main street usa to watch beginning of 2nd parade will stake out a spot at town square theatre. watch the beginning of the parade and get the pictures we missed the first time. Then go get mickey and minnie is second costume during last half of parade.
16.Now hopefully crowds will thin out after 2nd parade. we will head up towards adventureland and frontierland. do tarzan and jane picture,diamond horseshow dance party and special photopass in front of pirates of the caribbean and nice nighttime shot at splash mountain. we have already done the 7 dwarfs at mvmcp so will do the treat trail.

17. do some more trick or treating and one last pp shot on main street usa on the way out.

will this work??with a large crowd.

sorry so long
__________________

bigturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 25,606

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigturkey12 View Post
We are going on Nov 2. I am prepared for a sell out crowd just cant invision completely how bad that could be.Thus I am trying to make a realistic plan for the night. Please comment. Need all the help I can get.

First I will say we are going to Mk the day before to take lots of pictures fp and our own halloween decorations. We will also ride our favourite rides and also do the Haunted Mansion for sure as we know the inside of the ride does not change at the party.
So with this in mind here is my plan

1. sleep in
2. QS Buffet Lunch at Coronado Springs Peppar Market. Good substantial lunch to tide us over for a long time
3. Arrive at Mk just before 4pm to take pictures of mnsshp outside display sign which I assume only goes up on days of the parties
4. Go in at 4pm
5. Go on any rides we didn't manage the day before. If I run out of time the day before I will save the Haunted Mansion ride for now to set the mood for the party.
5. Be at town square theatre by 6:20 to line up for the party photo with Mickey and Minnie at 7pm. Do they come out on time?
6. By now it is dark so head back out to the entrance to get a pp picture with the haunted train station.
7.Do they have a special mnsshp mug or can I buy my Halloween mug the day before?if there is a special one i will buy now before all gone.
8. Walk up main street usa. i know the first villans show will be on so i will cut down in front of crystal palace across the main path across the bridge and walk up to Liberty Square and check out a spot for the parade.
9. Last year they had a special mug of donald for the party you could get ice cream or dole whip in. do they have it this year and where
10. watch parade
11. walk up towards liberty bell. get hitchhiking ghosts picture
12 carry on to haunted mansion for picture with mansion, hearse, ghost in background, cm if possible
13. walk back down the exact way i came up heading back towards main street usa near caseys corner to watch fireworks
14. now walk in towards fantasyland to get pictures with pooh and friends donald and daisy and check around carousel for susie and perla
15.Now head back towards main street usa to watch beginning of 2nd parade will stake out a spot at town square theatre. watch the beginning of the parade and get the pictures we missed the first time. Then go get mickey and minnie is second costume during last half of parade.
16.Now hopefully crowds will thin out after 2nd parade. we will head up towards adventureland and frontierland. do tarzan and jane picture,diamond horseshow dance party and special photopass in front of pirates of the caribbean and nice nighttime shot at splash mountain. we have already done the 7 dwarfs at mvmcp so will do the treat trail.

17. do some more trick or treating and one last pp shot on main street usa on the way out.

will this work??with a large crowd.

sorry so long
I think your plan is fine, if anything it's a little too detailed. Be prepared to make game-time decisions based on your priorities for the night.

The challenges I see are character-related--it may be difficult to time M&M so that you get them in their two different outfits, and I don't think both Tarzan and Jane are there at the same time much. Usually they switch off so that one is there with Terk. Suze and Perla can also be tough to find--they don't seem to have a set schedule.
__________________
WDW: 45 visits (4 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
bigturkey12
Mouseketeer
 
bigturkey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 340

Is 6:20pm a good time to line up for mickey and minnie?

thanks for the reply. we will have to adjust as we go along according to crowds at each stop. just trying to get a plan for the things we want and a path of least resistance to get there. do you think ill hit to long a line for pooh and friends after the fireworks or should i start with them only problem i think i read they only come out at 730pm?
__________________

bigturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 25,606

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigturkey12 View Post
thanks for the reply. we will have to adjust as we go along according to crowds at each stop. just trying to get a plan for the things we want and a path of least resistance to get there. do you think ill hit to long a line for pooh and friends after the fireworks or should i start with them only problem i think i read they only come out at 730pm?
Mickey and Minnie--I haven't met them at MNSSHP since they started meeting in their current location, but I don't read many reports that their line is long at the beginning of the party. I think you'd be fine with arriving in their line maybe 6:40-ish, but I'll defer to anyone else's opinion who's done this.

Pooh & the Gang--I've not met them as a group either, so can't be much help there except what I've read. I believe they usually see 45-minute waits or so, and I'm not sure there's any certain time of the night that's better or worse than the others. Perhaps lining up for them just before the fireworks end or immediately after is the best strategy I know of.
__________________
WDW: 45 visits (4 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
serene56
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,293

haunted train station? what is this?

i know the train is not running while the party is happening
__________________
Epcot passports -ebay- Joephila1
serene56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #6
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 25,606

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
haunted train station? what is this?

i know the train is not running while the party is happening
I think the OP just means the lighting and fog effects at the Main Street station after dark.
__________________
WDW: 45 visits (4 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
steeners81
Mouseketeer
 
steeners81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 126

Few things
-asked around at different parties and were told that there was no special photopass picture in front of pirates this year
-if you want to see Pooh and friends they come out on 30 (8:30, 9:30, etc) except the last meet which is supposed to be at 11:15
-There are actually two spots to get the hitchhiking ghosts, the first spot is by the liberty bell and the second is back by where Tiana meets.
-6:20 should be plenty early for Mickey we lined up for the princesses with their prince at 6:15 and the whole time we were waiting I think the mickey line got to 10 people
__________________
steeners81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.