Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
legaleagal
Earning My Ears

Contemporary Resort Tower questions

We have never stayed onsite at Disney before so please be patient with me on my questions . Considering the CR because it seems more updated and modern vs. other Disney resorts, is that correct? I also think my 13 year old would like the monorail running through the resort.

The Tower - Bay Lake view and Theme Park view in The Tower is what is coming up as available for our dates.... the one bedroom and hospitality garden view are also coming up but from what I have read aren't the Tower rooms better with Garden View a litte further away next to the Tower?

It also says there is a arcade game room on the 4th floor? Is that right??

Also that the CR is actually within walking distance to Magic Kingdom? Does the monorail actually take you to Magic Kingdom?

Also how far would Epcot and Disney Hollywood Studios be? Is there a parking fee for the resort, but free parking at the actual parks if you are staying on site? We will have a rental car as we are flying into Tampa vs. Orlando.

Does anyone know how big the actual rooms are? I have read that the CR rooms are a little bigger than the other Disney resorts??

Being more modern and updated is a big thing for us - while we are at the parks for the most part, I just want a nice room to come back to at night

Thanks in advance so much!
legaleagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by legaleagal View Post
We have never stayed onsite at Disney before so please be patient with me on my questions . Considering the CR because it seems more updated and modern vs. other Disney resorts, is that correct? I also think my 13 year old would like the monorail running through the resort. Very modern and recently updated. Check out Allears website for awesome pics of rooms, pools and lobby areas

The Tower - Bay Lake view and Theme Park view in The Tower is what is coming up as available for our dates.... the one bedroom and hospitality garden view are also coming up but from what I have read aren't the Tower rooms better with Garden View a litte further away next to the Tower?

Also that the CR is actually within walking distance to Magic Kingdom? Does the monorail actually take you to Magic Kingdom? You can walk to MK, about 8-10min, or take the Mororail to MK. Monorail loop goes from CR, TTC, Poly, GF and then MK if I remember correctly. Takes about 15-20min for full loop

Also how far would Epcot and Disney Hollywood Studios be? Is there a parking fee for the resort, but free parking at the actual parks if you are staying on site? We will have a rental car as we are flying into Tampa vs. Orlando. You take the Monorail to TTC and then catch the EPCOT monorail. Takes about 15min or so, super easy to do. No parking fee at the resorts or at the parks, you will get a parking pass when you go thru the gate from the guard.

Does anyone know how big the actual rooms are? I have read that the CR rooms are a little bigger than the other Disney resorts?? I can't remember the square footage, but I think 540sq ft is about right. The rooms are huge and each comes with a day bed (very comfy)

Being more modern and updated is a big thing for us - while we are at the parks for the most part, I just want a nice room to come back to at night
Modern and updated, CR is for you. My BF stays only at CR and loves it for it's modern decor.

CR has awesome recreational choices. DD and DS went parasailing this trip and LOVED it! Check out Sammy Duval's options while at CR, so much fun.

We stayed at the Poly a couple years ago and loved being on the monorail line, very convenient to MK and EPCOT. Buses to share with GF and/or the Poly...sometimes neither. We found the buses to come often and even sharing seemed like we got to our destinations quickly.

One of the great things about staying on the monorail line if you can hop to another MK resort easily. We ate at CR and GF restaurants, so easy to get around.

Have a great trip

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
The Garden Wing is just south of the tower building. It's a bit farther to walk, but the rooms are just as big and just as nice -- just no theme park views from there.

larryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #4
resablue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We have never stayed onsite at Disney before so please be patient with me on my questions . Considering the CR because it seems more updated and modern vs. other Disney resorts, is that correct? I also think my 13 year old would like the monorail running through the resort.

Also that the CR is actually within walking distance to Magic Kingdom? Does the monorail actually take you to Magic Kingdom?

Also how far would Epcot and Disney Hollywood Studios be? Is there a parking fee for the resort, but free parking at the actual parks if you are staying on site? We will have a rental car as we are flying into Tampa vs. Orlando.

Does anyone know how big the actual rooms are? I have read that the CR rooms are a little bigger than the other Disney resorts??

Don't know if you went yet, but here goes. I've stayed in the tower, mk view. Loved it, the monorail goes to the transportaion center, and and the three hotels connected, poly, grand floridian and contemporay. To go to epcot you can take the monorail to the transportaion center, get off, follow the signs to the second monorail and go to epcot. Buses are always an option from basically anywhere, if you need more answers you can ask at the front desk, they have answers and maps to anything you need. My kids loved the monorail, It is not loud as some people think, especially once you shut your door. We were two floors above the monorial and never bothered us. the mk view balcony overlooks the parking lot for the mk view, but the show of fireworks everynight makes up for that. You can actually see the fireworks while laying in your bed if you want. the baylake tower is connected to the main tower by a breezeway walk. I haven't stayed there because it is part of the vacation club and often hard to get a resi there. I wanted to stay there because I know the suites have a washer and dryer, but was unable to get that. Maybe next time. You can walk to mk, but it is a lot further than it looks on the map. It was fun in the morning, but after, I took the monorail. If you stay on property, you do not pay to park, they will give you a pass. You can take disney transportaion anywhere if you are staying on property. If you choose to take a car to another resort or park for a meal reservation, you will need to show your pass at the gate and your name will be on a list for that meal. Aside from suites, The rooms at contemporay are the second biggest on property, only the poly having bigger rooms.

hope that answers yours or somebody elses questions
resablue is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: