Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
ScrampShopper
Mouseketeer

Resort dilemma

I'm having a hard time deciding on a resort for our Feb/Mar 2013 trip. I really want to stay at an EPCOT resort for the convenience of being very close to 2 parks. I like to stay onsite because I like being able to go to the parks when I am ready (Disney transportation) instead of having to wait around for hubby, and I like to attend as many evening emh as I can. I know that Swan and Dolphin are not Disney-owned, but somewhere I read or heard that they have access to Disney busses. Is this correct, and if so, do they also get emh privileges? The dining plan is not important to us for this upcoming trip.
ScrampShopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

There is bus transportation (no Magical Express to/from airport) and there is EMH.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Were you thinking about the BC/YC or Boardwalk?

And yes to all of your questions about the Swan/Dolphin.

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354
FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #4
ScrampShopper
Mouseketeer

Thank you for such quick replies. I was considering S&D because I can get it for cheaper than the Disney Epcot resorts. I haven't had a chance to see if I can get YC or BC for a good deal with an AP discount yet, but I'm glad that the S&D can also give me the onsite privileges that are most important to me. (I'm really hoping that Disney rethinks their shortening of emh to 2 hours or this may be my last trip anywhere on property.)
ScrampShopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:56 PM   #5
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrampShopper View Post
Thank you for such quick replies. I was considering S&D because I can get it for cheaper than the Disney Epcot resorts. I haven't had a chance to see if I can get YC or BC for a good deal with an AP discount yet, but I'm glad that the S&D can also give me the onsite privileges that are most important to me. (I'm really hoping that Disney rethinks their shortening of emh to 2 hours or this may be my last trip anywhere on property.)
I agree BC/YC and BW can get expensive. - Like you said see if you could get a discount. The great thing about BC/YC the walk to EPCOT is less then 5 mins! Its great!!!

Have a great time choosing!

-FantasiaMagic

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354
FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #6
Alabama Minnie
DIS Veteran

We changed from BWI to the Dolphin when we went in Sept. because it was a $100 diff. per night (this included the extra fees at the Dolphin). Right now the 35% off room-only rate at the Disney Boardwalk Inn is almost the same as the Dolphin AAA rate though. We have decided to use the room-only rate for WL for our Feb. trip.

The Dolphin is VERY nice and you get the same transportation as the Disney Boardwalk hotels (boat, and ride the same buses). We don't use the DDP or the magic express anyway. For $100 a night difference I would choose it everytime.

I have seen alot of bad reviews about the Swan/Dolphin on here recently but I have to say that our room and experience there was GREAT!

2013-(2/14)AoA/Dolphin/(12/13)WL***2014-(11/14) POLY with (ds) (ddl) and (dgs) 1st visit
2012-Universal/Dolphin**2011-BWI/POLY/WL**2010-POLY/ASMu/CSR**2009-AKL/Dolphin/CSR/Pop**2008-CR/ASMo/Pop**2007-FQ
Alabama Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:05 AM   #7
Rich_NY
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrampShopper View Post
We stayed at S/D, and it was AWESOME!!!! Convienient, Great pool, Great room, YOU WILL NOT REGRET. Deluxe accomodations on site, with Moderate prices. Both Great, Dolphim a little better with kids, near pool, ice cream shop, 24 hr cafateria. Dont think twice. They have busses and the same boats as the boardwalk resorts, and EMH. Just no shuttle to airport, no dinning, and no charging to room from park, all minor things.
Rich_NY is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: