Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
*tinker*bell*
Mouseketeer

Winter in Florida? An Enchanted Wishes Wedding 12-03-13

Welcome to my PJ

I'm a long time lurker, I come out to say hi every once in a while I'm super excited to be starting my own PJ for a WDW wedding!
We are planning to get married on December 03, 2013

About Me; The Bride: Hi, my name is Lorena. I'm 23 years old, I work for a large travel wholesaler selling airfare to agents so they can make commission. I love Disney, my desk at work has a large map of WDW taped to it and Mickey ears on my computer as well as other odds and ends. I've been to WDW three times, Disneyland five, and been on two Disney Cruises. I also love traveling to other destinations and try to fit them in between the Disney trips.

About the Groom: His name is Jason. He is also 23, and works in tech support He is easy going, and a perfect fit for me. He really just wants me to be happy, and will go along with my random whims and crazy ideas. He isn't as crazy about Disney as I am, but he still likes the idea of a Disney wedding.

How We Met

We met back in 2003 when we were both 13. I was in my second year in Air Cadets (a military youth organization) when he joined. We were in the same flight and eventually he was second in charge of the flight under me. We started dating in June of 2008 right before we both aged out of Cadets. So we've been dating for almost 4 1/2 years. I got very sick in November of 2010 but Jason stuck by my side and was very supportive through what was a really hard time. We moved in together in April, and we have a kitty named Lucifer. I think that pretty much sums us up

Here is a couple of photos from our most recent Disneyland stay, we cruised down and two friends flew down to meet us.

WDW '13 AKL w/ Mom '11 POP w/ BF -- '08 POFQ w/ Mom -- New Years '07 Off property w/ best friends family <grad trip>

DL --> '95 '97 '98 '01 '12 '13
DLP November '12
Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder 2011<Finished Chemo!>
Pacific Coast Repo Cruise 2012 <got engaged!> WBPC 2013 <Disneymoon!>

Last edited by *tinker*bell*; 10-12-2012 at 04:08 PM.
*tinker*bell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
*tinker*bell*
Mouseketeer

Table of Contents

Engagement
Preliminary Plans

Bridesmaids Dresses
Dress Inspiration
Wedding Show/Suit Inspiration

WDW '13 AKL w/ Mom '11 POP w/ BF -- '08 POFQ w/ Mom -- New Years '07 Off property w/ best friends family <grad trip>

DLP November '12

Last edited by *tinker*bell*; 10-21-2012 at 11:07 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
*tinker*bell*
Mouseketeer

Our Engagement

So I've been subtly... and not so subtly *hinting* about being engaged for a while. Jason and I had different views on it, I would have preferred to been engaged before we moved in together and he wanted to live together for a while first. So we compromised and I knew that it would probably happen sometime on our trip in September, we were cruising from Vancouver, where we live, down to LA on the Wonder, then meeting friends and staying in the Disneyland Hotel. We went shopping for rings together so that Jason would have an idea of what I would like. Then I just waited until September rolled around. At the port we upgraded from an inside cabin to a verandah, I was kinda surprised Jason agreed to it. I was very excited to see the room and after I took a ton of photos and sat on the verandah for a few minutes I wanted to start putting up the magnets and fish extender I had made. With all my enthusiasm I ran over to our carry on and ripped open the front to find a little pink box sitting on top of the fish extender, my silly fiance packed the ring box in the front of our carry on. I opened the box all smiles... but it was empty. He had the ring in his pocket. I was so happy and I love the ring that he chose, it's perfect. He didn't plan for me to find it, apparently he was just going to wing it at some point, but I love how it came about.

My Ring:

DLP November '12
Old 10-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
*tinker*bell*
Mouseketeer

Preliminary Plans:

We are currently planning our wedding for December 3, 2012. I have always dreamed about a Disney Wedding, and I'm so glad that this is what we have decided. It wasn't what we initially thought was going to happen as my parents were not very supportive of a destination wedding. My mom has come around, which is awesome. We want to keep the wedding small and try to stay close to the minimums.

My colours are plum and lime, with white accents. Also I love the idea of a winter wedding... and while Florida won't have the winter I'm used to, I am going to try to incorporate a winter feel into the wedding.

We are hoping to have the Ceremony at the Canada Pavilion in Epcot (ironic eh?) and the reception at the Hollywood Studios Prop Shop although those may change. Unfortunately I'm not going to make it down for a site visit so we are just going off of photos we see online.

I made a mock up collage of some of my pins for the wedding:

DLP November '12
Old 10-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Congratulations. I love your e-ring and can't wait to see your plans progress.

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #6
*tinker*bell*
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderALLIE View Post
Congratulations. I love your e-ring and can't wait to see your plans progress.
Thank you! My ring was actually my second choice but I'm so glad he got that one now, I absolutely LOVE it

DLP November '12
Old 10-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #7
*tinker*bell*
Mouseketeer

Bridesmaids:

So I originally had planned to have five bridesmaids, however with the change of destination that number may change, which is fine with me I understand that they may not all be able to fly down.

I want everyone in the same dress with my maid of honor in plum with green accents and the rest in green with plum accents. I've found a few dresses online that I really like, so hopefully when I figure out who is and isn't going to be there we can all sit down and decide.

Dress 1:

Dress 2:

Dress 3:

Dress 4: (My favourite)

DLP November '12
Old 10-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #8
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Love the dress choices and having MOH in different colour. I am partial to dress 1.

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #9
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Congrats! I actually love that he was sneaky and had the ring in his pocket. How did he actually propose once you realized the ring wasn't in the box?

My fiance carried the ring around in his pocket all day waiting for the perfect moment...which turned out to be back at the hotel around 10:00 PM!

I love the second bridesmaids dress you posted...that's one we looked at when choosing my girls' dresses.
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #10
*tinker*bell*
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndsayJ
Congrats! I actually love that he was sneaky and had the ring in his pocket. How did he actually propose once you realized the ring wasn't in the box?

My fiance carried the ring around in his pocket all day waiting for the perfect moment...which turned out to be back at the hotel around 10:00 PM!

I love the second bridesmaids dress you posted...that's one we looked at when choosing my girls' dresses.
Once I realized the ring wasn't in the box he pulled it out of his pocket and asked me if I'd spend the rest of my life with him. It was cute, and I love how the whole thing turned out.

I can't wait to go shopping for the dresses to see how they all look on I do wonder if the sash on that dress might be a little large most of my bridesmaids are short, so I don't want it to look to block-y

DLP November '12
Old 10-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #11
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your engagement! Your ring is beautiful! (Another Canadian 2013 bride joining in )

I'm loving your venue choices and details so far. The green and purple go so well together!

Looking forward to reading more.
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #12
*tinker*bell*
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Congrats on your engagement! Your ring is beautiful! (Another Canadian 2013 bride joining in )

I'm loving your venue choices and details so far. The green and purple go so well together!

Looking forward to reading more.
Yeay another reader, and a Canadian one!!! Thank you, I'm having lots of fun with all the planning!

DLP November '12
Old 10-21-2012, 10:58 PM   #13
*tinker*bell*
Mouseketeer

My Dress:

So I have always wanted a ballgown wedding dress, I used to say I wanted it so poof-y they would have to use a crane to get me into the venue (assuming it was on anything other than the first floor) for me the poof-ier the better! I would like a fair length train, a large full skirt and a corset beaded/bling-y bodice. Probably sweetheart neckline but I'm not gunna fuss about that, I never thought I would want a veil but I think I've changed my mind on that and I would like a cathedral length veil now. My cousin, who is one of my bridesmaids, has a good friend who is a clothing designer and she does/has made custom wedding dresses and bridesmaids dresses. I'm going to go in sometime in November to talk to her and get pricing and an idea of what she can/would do for me. But before I do that I want to go into a salon and try on a few dresses, cause who knows I could change my mind again I went into one salon a few weeks ago and found one dress that was okay... but I'm not sold on it.

Dress 1 please forgive the bad photo we took it in the crapped dressing room with my phone:

Inspiration Dresses:

I LOVE the skirt on this dress, but don't really like the top:

Another example of the kind of volume I want from the skirt:

I love this idea, having the wedding date embroidered in blue in the skirt:

Shoes:

I'm not a fan of wearing high heels, personally I'd love to wear slippers, however my Mother really hates this idea, so if I'm gunna be wearing heels they are going to be Amazing!

Like these:

or these:

or more ideally these:

I wish... A girl can dream right?

I have a dress appointment at a large salon next Saturday so I shall try to get some photos then and post them after

DLP November '12
Old 10-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #14
*tinker*bell*
Mouseketeer

Wedding Show

I went to a local wedding show today, it's my second so far, but I liked this one better than the first. The first was a lot of booths to walk around to at a convention center, this one was more fun, there were more little seminar/talk things about hair and make up and those sorts of things, the fashion show was much nicer, and there was wine and hors d'oeuvres. I had my hair and makeup done got a few lash extensions put on just as a tester. My friend and I ended up spending 3 1/2 hours there. Anyways, the real reason I'm posting about the show, I saw a really nice suit at the fashion show, totally want Jason to wear this style jacket I think he will look VERY good in it!

Suit: (sorry for the bad quality photo they walked really quickly!)

and one photo taken as we were leaving the show:

DLP November '12
Old 10-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #15
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Wow! I can't believe I missed your PJ! You're date is two days after mine!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: