Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
3DisneyBuggs
The only way I would fly is if John Travolta is the pilot!
Maroon is my color, like the pom poms!
Now I owe tag tax

Beach club Poly or POFQ?

I got a PIN code for room but it is good for August. I know it will be HOT which is why I am confused where to stay. The Poly is my fave- I stayed once and loved it. I stayed POFQ twice and love it for its small size. The Beach Club has appealed to me too. It will be me and 3 kids 14 9 and 7. I worry that SAB will be too big for me too keep an eye on the 2 younger ones. I also hate elevators so I wonder if there are rooms on 1st or 2nd floor there. I really like POFQ but its cons are the food court and the pool is not exciting enough for my kids. LOL
My heart says Poly, the wallet says FQ and my adventurous side says Beach Club. Any advice?
Old 10-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

We've never stayed at POFQ, but have stayed at the Poly and BC, with the Poly being our favorite of the two. But with that said, the BC is a great resort and if you will be spending time at Epcot and/or DHS, you can't beat being within walking distance to both parks. The Poly would provide a much larger room for 5 people, but if the BC has been a resort that appeals to you, it might be a good time to give it a try with your PIN code. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
mmtwinmama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DisneyBuggs View Post
I got a PIN code for room but it is good for August. I know it will be HOT which is why I am confused where to stay. The Poly is my fave- I stayed once and loved it. I stayed POFQ twice and love it for its small size. The Beach Club has appealed to me too. It will be me and 3 kids 14 9 and 7. I worry that SAB will be too big for me too keep an eye on the 2 younger ones. I also hate elevators so I wonder if there are rooms on 1st or 2nd floor there. I really like POFQ but its cons are the food court and the pool is not exciting enough for my kids. LOL
My heart says Poly, the wallet says FQ and my adventurous side says Beach Club. Any advice?
Just stayed at BC for the first time in August. I have twin boys (10) and while the pool was great I found it VERY frustrating for. Few reasons.
1- hard to find a chair. While we never went right when they opened, we had gone at 11amish - 2 pmish. I wanted just one chair to drop our towels and shoes and to have a "home base". I had to hawk people to get a a chair and two days I ended up plopping our stuff near a bush.
2- difficult to navigate. I would try to find a boy, would see him, but would take wrong bridges to get to him. Frustrating.

Maybe it's just me, but if you are worried about keeping track of the kids it is not that easy. In hind site I should have given them boundaries of where they could go so I could see them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: