Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #226
MasonsG
Earning My Ears

Anyone with experience from Vancouver to U.S.?

have decided to definitely fly back next May (out of Victoria) but unlike this cruise- where we fly from LA direct to Vancouver- there is no direct flight from Victoria to San Diego --- any chance anyone on this sailing has ever flown out of Canada/Vancouver and back into the U.S. and had to change planes- do we need to plan immigration/passport control/etc re-entering the U.S. or if we are coming from Canada do Americans complete that before returning to the U.S., trying to decide if 2.5 hours is enough layover or to play it safe with a 5 hour layover- huge difference but we certainly don't want to miss the connection. Any veterans out there who have done this coastal route a few times that have had to change planes coming back into the U.S. getting home, please? And thank you knabebug- the flights are now available... just trying to decide which one. I know some Caribbean islands complete all this before returning into the U.S., in fact- Ireland (Dublin) does it as well- no further passport/customs time needed :0) But these are our first 2 trips to Canada.
MasonsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #227
She Taz
Counting Down the Days Till I Cruise Again

We have flown several times to the US out of Vancouver and have always cleared customs there before departing. You always clear US customs prior to leaving Canada.

She Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #228
knabebug
DCL Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonsG View Post
have decided to definitely fly back next May (out of Victoria) but unlike this cruise- where we fly from LA direct to Vancouver- there is no direct flight from Victoria to San Diego --- any chance anyone on this sailing has ever flown out of Canada/Vancouver and back into the U.S. and had to change planes- do we need to plan immigration/passport control/etc re-entering the U.S. or if we are coming from Canada do Americans complete that before returning to the U.S., trying to decide if 2.5 hours is enough layover or to play it safe with a 5 hour layover- huge difference but we certainly don't want to miss the connection. Any veterans out there who have done this coastal route a few times that have had to change planes coming back into the U.S. getting home, please? And thank you knabebug- the flights are now available... just trying to decide which one. I know some Caribbean islands complete all this before returning into the U.S., in fact- Ireland (Dublin) does it as well- no further passport/customs time needed :0) But these are our first 2 trips to Canada.
You will clear US customs at the Vancouver airport. Your connection will be a "domestic" connection. Layover is probably Seattle and an hour is plenty.
knabebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #229
MasonsG
Earning My Ears

So fantastic to know, really appreciate it- wishing everyone a Happy 4th ... days are quickly dwindling until this cruise.... we are very excited- Thank You both!
MasonsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #230
BaileyFamily704
We've earned our ears, now to earn our sea legs

Fish extender closing shortly

Just a friendly reminder we will be closing the group on Tuesday July 9. If your cabin wishes to participate in this sailings Fish Extender we need to have your information by that day.

Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder Since 2009
1st Cruise: Disney Wonder (5513) - California Coastal 9/9-14/2013 (FE Co-Organizer)

BaileyFamily704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #231
BaileyFamily704
We've earned our ears, now to earn our sea legs

fish extender last call!!!

FINAL CALL!!! The Fish Extender List is closing today at 8:00 pm PST
If your party wants to take part please get me your information by that time!
Thanks,
Crystal

Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder Since 2009
1st Cruise: Disney Wonder (5513) - California Coastal 9/9-14/2013 (FE Co-Organizer)

BaileyFamily704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #232
happy55girl
Mouseketeer

Talking Facebook Page

Hi Everyone! It's been a bit since I posted on the DIS boards
I was looking at our cruise today and how few rooms are left available. We're a packed cruise this year! Anyways I'm suprised there aren't more of us in the FB group and thought I'd post the link again if anyone is interested in joining us! https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/239388556205821/

Is it September yet??? arty:

Septmeber 2012 Wonder 6 night Repo Van - LA
September 2013 Wonder 5 night Repo Van - LA
happy55girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:36 AM   #233
Mom on the run yyc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyFamily704 View Post

Thanks,
Crystal
I just found this board today. Is there anyway that I can get in on the fish extenders? This is our first cruise ever and my kids would loose their minds being apart of this!
Mom on the run yyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #234
Mom on the run yyc
Earning My Ears

Late Fish Extenders

Hey All, I am totally new to cruising and I just found this board in the last couple of days. I'm totally bummed that I've missed the deadline for the Fish Extenders and I am hoping that there might be others that might be in the same boat (lol) that would want to make up a last minute FE group. I would hate for my kids to miss out on this opportunity because I didn't find out about this in time.
Mom on the run yyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #235
Bjornda
Earning My Ears

Fish Extenders

This will be the first cruise for my oldest daughter (8) and myself, and we are soooooo excited!!! I've been reading a lot of blogs, etc while trying to generate my packing list and I've seen fish extenders mentioned a ton of times. Is it too late for us to join this super fun activity?? And how do we go about joining this??

Thanks in advance
Bjornda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #236
Bjornda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom on the run yyc View Post
Hey All, I am totally new to cruising and I just found this board in the last couple of days. I'm totally bummed that I've missed the deadline for the Fish Extenders and I am hoping that there might be others that might be in the same boat (lol) that would want to make up a last minute FE group. I would hate for my kids to miss out on this opportunity because I didn't find out about this in time.
I would be absolutely in with starting another fish extender group as I would also totally hate for my girl to miss out, sounds really neat!!!
Old 08-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #237
penner5
Earning My Ears

Fish Extender

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyFamily704 View Post

Thanks,
Crystal
I just found out about this awesome idea! Wondering if there is any way that you could include our room? I have 3 young boys who would have a blast with this!

Thanks
penner5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:47 PM   #238
penner5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjornda View Post
This will be the first cruise for my oldest daughter (8) and myself, and we are soooooo excited!!! I've been reading a lot of blogs, etc while trying to generate my packing list and I've seen fish extenders mentioned a ton of times. Is it too late for us to join this super fun activity?? And how do we go about joining this??

Thanks in advance
We would be in! Just let me know what we need to do
Old 08-03-2013, 10:49 PM   #239
penner5
Earning My Ears

Hi! I have no idea if I am replying to this thread right Never done this before, but we would like to be a part of the fish extender if possible?

Thanks
Old 08-03-2013, 11:54 PM   #240
Bjornda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by penner5 View Post
Hi! I have no idea if I am replying to this thread right Never done this before, but we would like to be a part of the fish extender if possible?

Thanks
There is a Facebook group - Disney Wonder Van to La. On there is a post for a 3rd group of fish extenders. It will have the details! Hope you find it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: