Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #136
BaileyFamily704
We've earned our ears, now to earn our sea legs

FB Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
I've tried that, but it asks me for names to add to the group. If you want to send me a PM with your name, I'll try it again. Once we have an 'official' group, we can add more. BTW, I am SO not computer literate, can you tell?
Check your msg's now. I think I sent one. I am new to PM's I dont know if it when through.

Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder Since 2009
1st Cruise: Disney Wonder (5513) - California Coastal 9/9-14/2013 (FE Co-Organizer)

BaileyFamily704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:06 AM   #137
disneydance
DIS Veteran

Hello There!

Right now we are currently seriously considering this cruise. The group would be me and 3 of my best friends 3 of us will be 19 and the other will be 21. We were planning on taking a trip to San Fran next month but after multiple situations had came up including moving and unforeseen bills we have decided to move the trip back to September right before college begins in the fall. We had always discussed taking a Disney Cruise but had never imagined that it would be possible at least till we graduated but we shocked to see how reasonable the cruise would be. Were looking at a Category 9 which is extremely reasonable. One of our concerns is the amount of activities that will be on the ship for teens in transition meaning too old for the Vibe but too young for the other clubs. We promise you that were not too obnoxious even though we do look forward to taking over the adult pool but we will share. What are activitys that teens in our weird age can do? Were excited about the shows we all loved drama in school!

Disneydance

Past Trips
~ 1998 Disneyland ~ 2002 Disneyland(Embassy Suites Anaheim South) ~ 2007 Disneyworld(Animal Kingdom Lodge) ~ 2009 Disneyland(Comfort Inn & Suites) ~
disneydance is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #138
lmoore2004
Earning My Ears

My Husband and I and our 2 sons, 8 & 9, just booked this cruise. It's our second Disney cruise and we are pretty excited! Is there a fish extender group for this cruise yet? We would really like to join.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #139
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I've tried that, but it asks me for names to add to the group. If you want to send me a PM with your name, I'll try it again. Once we have an 'official' group, we can add more. BTW, I am SO not computer literate, can you tell?
Another way that may work is to make it so you have to approve members, then post the link to the group here, and we can request to join. That way you don't have to enter us all in

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #140
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Welcome to all new bookings! We are now confirmed for sure, money in hand! I am so excited!

Me DH DS 5

Old 04-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #141
happy55girl
Mouseketeer

two toddlers on a cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyFamily704 View Post
If your girls are 4 I assume they were 3 or younger on their 1st cruise. How was it taking two toddlers on a large ship?

We did this very cruise last year with our two boys aged 2.5 and 4 at the time. It was FABULOUS!!! So much for families to do and time for us adults to have a little of our own time. The nursery was SO flexible with our 2yro and never had any problems find time to book him in. Our biggest difficulty was my oldest can be a little shy so at times he didn't want to go to the club or would mope when we left him. He'd usually call us after about 1.5hrs asking to be picked up. I'm hoping that with another year under his belt and the fact that his brother is old enough to join him in the club now that difficulty will have resolved itself. I found out on the 2nd to last day of the cruise; if you tell the staff you're have dinner or whatever and don't want to be interrupted they'll try harder to redirect your child instead of call you unless they're crying then they'll still call.

Hope that helps!
Melissa

Septmeber 2012 Wonder 6 night Repo Van - LA
September 2013 Wonder 5 night Repo Van - LA
happy55girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #142
happy55girl
Mouseketeer

Exclamation Facebook Page :cheer2:

Hi Everyone! I went ahead and created a Facebook page. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/239388556205821/ It's a closed group so you have to ask to join but it is searchable for others joining us!

Let me know if there is something you think I should add! I can't wait for September. Is anyone able to set up a FE group? I'm willing to help but i'm not comfortable in running it. This'll be my 1st FE and could use some guidance.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #143
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Thank you for creating the Facebook page!
Old 04-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #144
happy55girl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you for creating the Facebook page!
No problem! But I was just thinking... How do you keep track of people? DIS names and such? Or do we need to?

Old 04-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #145
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy55girl View Post

No problem! But I was just thinking... How do you keep track of people? DIS names and such? Or do we need to?
Yes, thank you!

I have been on one before, and whenever someone was approved, the admin would say, "welcome _______ tell us your dis name and who is in your party!"

Another way is to upload a document where people can add their name and party, and edit it.

Me DH DS 5

Old 04-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #146
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

If you haven't already, hurry over to FB and join our group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/239388556205821/
Old 04-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #147
milkatt
Earning My Ears

Hello all! We are booked on this cruise Will be our first Disney cruise, but we have been on many before.
milkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:33 AM   #148
BaileyFamily704
We've earned our ears, now to earn our sea legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy55girl
Hi Everyone! I went ahead and created a Facebook page. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/239388556205821/ It's a closed group so you have to ask to join but it is searchable for others joining us
I just want to make sure I am requesting to join the correct page. This cruise is 9/9 - 9/14 but the FB page says September 13. Does it mean 2013?

Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder Since 2009
1st Cruise: Disney Wonder (5513) - California Coastal 9/9-14/2013 (FE Co-Organizer)

BaileyFamily704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #149
MissySprng
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyFamily704

I just want to make sure I am requesting to join the correct page. This cruise is 9/9 - 9/14 but the FB page says September 13. Does it mean 2013?
I thought the same thing. Yes, it is the correct cruise.
MissySprng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #150
amandaroseziegler
First Family Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy55girl View Post
Hi Everyone! I went ahead and created a Facebook page. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/239388556205821/ It's a closed group so you have to ask to join but it is searchable for others joining us!

Let me know if there is something you think I should add! I can't wait for September. Is anyone able to set up a FE group? I'm willing to help but i'm not comfortable in running it. This'll be my 1st FE and could use some guidance.

Ohhh I hope someone sets up the FE, this is our first cruise ever and I want to do this soooo bad!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: