Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
allears
"If I were not upon the sea..." I want to already have another cruise booked!

Fantasy, High Tea?

This has probably been asked and answered already, but is High Tea not offered on the Fantasy? Just booked our brunch and dinner reservations, but can't find High Tea. I'm thinking it's not an option as I can't find it on the DCL web site either.

Disney Wonder 2000, Disney Magic, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013 & 2014

allears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by allears View Post
This has probably been asked and answered already, but is High Tea not offered on the Fantasy? Just booked our brunch and dinner reservations, but can't find High Tea. I'm thinking it's not an option as I can't find it on the DCL web site either.
Palo Brunch is so popular that DCL did away with high tea on all four ships a few months ago to make room for more brunch reservations.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allears View Post
High Tea ended on all four ships back in early to mid-August (the 8/11 sailing was the last with HT on the Fantasy). They did this to expand the brunch hours so it's MUCH easier to get a brunch ressie now!

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #4
allears
"If I were not upon the sea..." I want to already have another cruise booked!

Very cool. I always enjoyed High Tea and will miss it, but things change and I decided it made room to book brunch at Remey as well as Palo.

Disney Wonder 2000, Disney Magic, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013 & 2014

allears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #5
indans123
Disney Divas ;)

Discontinued

High tea at Palo on all ships has be discontinued Me and DH were gutted to find this out as we were so excited to book it for August! They decided to call the high tea quits about a year ago after it was such good quality for such a small price and the brunch was proven more popular! However the high tea was more delicate pastries, macaroons and delicacies like that, the brunch involves a lot more fishy dishes and pizza, which me and DH are not too keen on! However, if anyone hears any different as regards to high teas etc. please pm me as I'd love to do a couples event on the Disney Fantasy whilst the DD's are in Vibe!

indans123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #6
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Do you know, from an English point of view, what is served at the brunch is actually more akin to 'high tea' than what was previously served as high tea, which we would call 'afternoon tea'. Funny how different countries differ in what they call things!!!!
Here is a link to the traditional definitions of the two different teas, if anybody is interested
http://coffeetea.about.com/od/histor...ernoon-Tea.htm

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Do you know, from an English point of view, what is served at the brunch is actually more akin to 'high tea' than what was previously served as high tea, which we would call 'afternoon tea'. Funny how different countries differ in what they call things!!!!
Here is a link to the traditional definitions of the two different teas, if anybody is interested
http://coffeetea.about.com/od/histor...ernoon-Tea.htm
Personally, I think they called it High Tea because they didn't know any better. No type of Tea is traditional here in the US. It's a fancy, do it for a special-occasion, once-in-a-very-great-while thing they "borrowed" from you Brits.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: